PDA

View Full Version : “Bug in the firmware” c360i C5620 / C9401 /J6608

Custom Search

EarthKmTech
05-16-2020, 03:37 AM
About 98% of what i do is education, so my experiences will differ to business use.

In any case a school teacher found a bug in the older GW5-75 firmware.

She had 2 sheets glued together and was trying to feed them through the dual scan document feeder (multifeed detection standard in my region, if not all)

In any case with the multifeed warning she didn’t realise it was because 2 sheets were glued together and tried another 4 to 5 times.

On the 6th attempt with this firmware the machine crashes with alternating C9401 and C5620.

I was sent to site as this was picked up multiple times in cs remote care.

The jam code at the same page count as the errors gave it away. The 6608 is multifeed detection.

I asked around to find out wtf was going on and was able to replicate it 100%

The bug appears to be gone in the newest firmware. So if you see these errors and the jam code together, no need to panic, just update the firmware.

In any case, being a school and the likelihood of this kind of stuff being done is high, I just disabled the multifeed sensor on all c360i’s on site at their request.

rrrohan
05-16-2020, 09:07 AM
To be fair it warned her 5 times lol

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

tsbservice
05-16-2020, 01:03 PM
Hey thanks for warning. One question if I may ask you.
Is this FW version some kind of experimental pre-production ie. Cuz I can't find it under special FWs and it isn't mass production either.
On a side note, it's amazing with today's functionality and all kind of options and user environments etc how these machines are working... well most oc the time :D

blackcat4866
05-16-2020, 02:27 PM
Thanks for sharing. =^..^=

Bix
05-18-2020, 10:44 AM
In Germany, the latest firmware is GC1-7B. What's yours?

EarthKmTech
05-18-2020, 11:06 PM
In Germany, the latest firmware is GC1-7B. What's yours?

Same here - this is what I installed and it no longer did it.

EarthKmTech
05-18-2020, 11:07 PM
Hey thanks for warning. One question if I may ask you.
Is this FW version some kind of experimental pre-production ie. Cuz I can't find it under special FWs and it isn't mass production either.
On a side note, it's amazing with today's functionality and all kind of options and user environments etc how these machines are working... well most oc the time :D

Previous clown that attended site put this fw on all the machines, no idea where he got it from as I don't have it either.

EarthKmTech
05-18-2020, 11:13 PM
To be fair it warned her 5 times lol

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

indeed, but this is not the most ridiculous thing I've seen at schools - honestly I dont mind them they are the least stressfull customer you can have. Machines are always replaced with brand new at ends of contracts, not fussy at all.

The biggest issue was the packet flooding causing FA17's on e series and 8 series during high cpu utilization, but thats becoming less of an issue as time goes by especially since e series are now becoming rare and the rate at which it crashes 8 series generaly doesnt cause them to log calls. (Japan knows about it as I packet captured and syslog captured and they saw it for themselves) I doubt much will be done about it as this generation is near end of support

Custom Search