PDA

View Full Version : C284e yellow almost missing

Custom Search

mrfuser
05-18-2020, 07:28 PM
We have a client with a c284e that the yellow is almost missing on, the color is super washed out. We replaced the iu and transfer belt and toner is oem and same result. Sensor reads about 7 , same as other colors. Cleaned idc sensors and same result . Any thoughts?

also replaced yellow dv unit a while back. Seemed to work ok after that. Maybe bad toner pump is not getting enough into developer?

copyman
05-19-2020, 01:35 AM
We have a client with a c284e that the yellow is almost missing on, the color is super washed out. We replaced the iu and transfer belt and toner is oem and same result. Sensor reads about 7 , same as other colors. Cleaned idc sensors and same result . Any thoughts?

also replaced yellow dv unit a while back. Seemed to work ok after that. Maybe bad toner pump is not getting enough into developer?

Why did you replace the yellow Dev unit awhile back? If it was because it dumped did you replace the yellow drum at same time? There is no toner pump on Kon/Min like Ricoh has.

If I was to guess I would say the yellow dev dumped again. This time make sure you replace drum at same time. Also it's been mentioned on this forum many times, ANY over life drum can cause ANY developer unit to dump. So check all your consumables.

Very easy to troubleshoot, run a yellow halftone test page, if you have diagonal white streaks it dumped. Or you can physically look at mag roller on dev and see developer powder missing on mag roller.

mga
05-19-2020, 07:01 PM

Try replacing with new oem pcu and dev assy this happens when some engineers rebuild and rechip assy's

mrfuser
05-19-2020, 11:11 PM
I went back to replace hopper assembly because it wasn’t adding toner. New hopper assembly had purple wires on left plug instead of white and didn’t seem to fit exactly even though it came from another 284 of the exact same model so I cleaned out the old one and also removed and checked the developer unit and all looked good. After putting it all back I did an add toner for yellow and watched the gears and auger and sure enough it was working now. Did a test page and yellow was back. No idea what exactly I did to fix it as the toner I cleaned out was not compacted at all but it works and I’m glad, for now....

Custom Search