PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 4052 - D050

Custom Search

Bix
05-19-2020, 06:48 PM
Hi,
I want to consult with you for an error code on a bizhub 4052. Since I installed it, error D-050 comes out randomly. After about 2-3 months, I saw many D050, some D010 and FA14 in the error list.
Currently I have done the following:
- Self full diagnostic. If D050 doesn't come out, it tells me that the bizhub 4052 has no problems. Otherwise he tells me hard disk error.
- Firmware updated to GC2-X4.
- Disassembled and reassembled the HDD.
- Made an All clear Data + Format Logical HDD.

The customer tells me that this error has always been there since it was installed (so why don't you notify us ?!). Except that before the printer restarted while now it requires to be turned off and on several times a day.
The manual suggests me to replace the HDD and I think that's what I will do. But in my experience in other printers, this code was never HDD.

Thanks for your advice!

Synthohol
05-19-2020, 10:42 PM
i dont understand why people use special firmware just because its the latest unless its fixing a specific issue the machine is having.
have you tried G00-W4 which is the latest base FW?
the code reminds me of the 8 series and missing the SATA FW version which is fixed by recovery FW and then flashing the latest base.

i did not see recovery FW for the 4052 but i would suggest performing a full data clear and flash the base FW and see if it happens again.
i dont mean this as a personal attack or questioning your judgement, i did not see if you had tried base FW first in your post and i see techs
installing special FW versions just because it was announced in the bulletins we get emailed that the FW is now published without taking into account
what the special FW is designed to fix.

tsbservice
05-20-2020, 06:05 AM
i dont understand why people use special firmware just because its the latest unless its fixing a specific issue the machine is having.
have you tried G00-W4 which is the latest base FW?
the code reminds me of the 8 series and missing the SATA FW version which is fixed by recovery FW and then flashing the latest base.

i did not see recovery FW for the 4052 but i would suggest performing a full data clear and flash the base FW and see if it happens again.
i dont mean this as a personal attack or questioning your judgement, i did not see if you had tried base FW first in your post and i see techs
installing special FW versions just because it was announced in the bulletins we get emailed that the FW is now published without taking into account
what the special FW is designed to fix.

He did clear all data plus the problem is from install when printer had base FW.
Bix, before change HDD i will try physical format.

Bix
05-20-2020, 07:50 AM
Hi, I recently attended a firmware course. Yes, Konica Minolta does classroom courses on this too. I also don't really like to use special firmware but on this topic, we can create a new post.

Konica Minolta has the official master firmware which are G00 and G20. In case of problems, it recommends installing a firmware bug fix. How do they differ from personalized ones? Simple:
- GC/GD/GE/GF/GG/GH are firmware bug fixes that may include customizations. These customizations will become a G00 / G20 master firmware.
- GP/GQ/GR/GS/GT/GU/GW/GX/GY/GZ These are customized firmware not to be used.

Going back to my problem, my 4052 is new. It already had G00-X4, so I proceeded with the firmware rewrite with what I indicated at the beginning of the thread.

Physical formatting may take a long time, even many hours. Maybe I'll go ahead and replace the HDD.
Thank you guys.

Albonline
05-20-2020, 02:15 PM
Hi, I recently attended a firmware course. Yes, Konica Minolta does classroom courses on this too. I also don't really like to use special firmware but on this topic, we can create a new post.

Konica Minolta has the official master firmware which are G00 and G20. In case of problems, it recommends installing a firmware bug fix. How do they differ from personalized ones? Simple:
- GC/GD/GE/GF/GG/GH are firmware bug fixes that may include customizations. These customizations will become a G00 / G20 master firmware.
- GP/GQ/GR/GS/GT/GU/GW/GX/GY/GZ These are customized firmware not to be used.

Going back to my problem, my 4052 is new. It already had G00-X4, so I proceeded with the firmware rewrite with what I indicated at the beginning of the thread.

Physical formatting may take a long time, even many hours. Maybe I'll go ahead and replace the HDD.

Thank you guys.

If encryption was enabled on this unit , i would say format the hdd. i have seen a few problems with the smaller units and bh secure. physical and logical format usually straightens them out.

tsbservice
05-20-2020, 02:23 PM
Actually it happened as per bulletin 12007 GC2-X4 is recomended version atm :cool:

Bix
05-20-2020, 02:32 PM
I have just found a bulletin dealing with this problem.

Problem:
The bizhub 4052/4752 returns D-050 after standby.

Solution:
Replace SATA cable (P/No: AA1PPP1400)

emujo2
05-20-2020, 03:13 PM
I'm still wondering about how and why you "disassembled the HDD"..E

Bix
05-20-2020, 03:28 PM

In some cases, it has happened to me that the wiring has not been done correctly in the factory (cables not well inserted).
If you're referring to how, I simply unplugged and reattached the SATA cable from both ends. Very simple.:D

tsbservice
05-20-2020, 04:03 PM

Heh, I disassembled some HDDs in the past for their strong magnets you know. Of course I used hammer at some point so they can't be assembled very good :o

As per C-D050 manual is:
Check the connector between hard disk-MFPB JHDD1 for proper connection and correct as necessary.
Reinstall the hard disk.
Format the hard disk.
Replace the hard disk.

Regards

emujo2
05-20-2020, 05:39 PM
In some cases, it has happened to me that the wiring has not been done correctly in the factory (cables not well inserted).
If you're referring to how, I simply unplugged and reattached the SATA cable from both ends. Very simple.:D

That's a lot different than dissassemble/re assemble the HDD. E

Bix
05-24-2020, 10:33 PM
Problem solved by replacing the hard disk.
I have noticed that they have changed KM supplier for the bizhub 4052. In fact, it is now HDD WD Elements

Custom Search