PDA

View Full Version : C554e during firmware update MF controller shows N.G

Custom Search

copier tech
05-20-2020, 05:25 PM
Here we have a classic case of machine just had a simple DF jamming issue stripped & cleaned all sensors full of hole punches etc test feed DF fine.

So I see the machine has never had the firmware updated so while I was finishing my coffee stuck in my pre Prepared USB stick that ive used the day before no problem.

First I updated the boot rom that passed OK then chose the start the main fw update.

So at the end of the update process the DF, finisher, printer etc all checksum update ok but the MF Controller shows N.G.

Restarting the Machine with the USB in same thing happens. I downloaded a fresh fw copy on another USB still says controller N.G.

Restarting the machine without the USB pen in the machine won’t boot sits & two ‘shark fins’

Now i’m at a loss. Any ideas!?

Classic case of “if it ain't broke don’t try to fix it.”

Albonline
05-20-2020, 07:09 PM
Here we have a classic case of machine just had a simple DF jamming issue stripped & cleaned all sensors full of hole punches etc test feed DF fine.

So I see the machine has never had the firmware updated so while I was finishing my coffee stuck in my pre Prepared USB stick that ive used the day before no problem.

First I updated the boot rom that passed OK then chose the start the main fw update.

So at the end of the update process the DF, finisher, printer etc all checksum update ok but the MF Controller shows N.G.

Restarting the Machine with the USB in same thing happens. I downloaded a fresh fw copy on another USB still says controller N.G.

Restarting the machine without the USB pen in the machine won’t boot sits & two ‘shark fins’

Now i’m at a loss. Any ideas!?

Classic case of “if it ain't broke don’t try to fix it.”

disconnect hdd try again . if that fails reset mfp . check machine type and reflash.

mascan42
05-20-2020, 08:25 PM
If all the other firmware except MFP downloads successfully, try doing just the MFP on its own. If it still doesn't work, try disconnecting options.

Synthohol
05-20-2020, 09:19 PM
"MFP=NG" message
Problem Solution
ID: KBA01400074
Related Products:bizhub C554e,bizhub 224e,bizhub 284e,bizhub 364e,bizhub 454e,bizhub 554e,bizhub 654e,bizhub 754e,bizhub C224e,bizhub C284e,bizhub C364e,bizhub C454e,bizhub C654e,bizhub C754e
Related Options:

Problem
"MFP=NG" message may be indicated when attempting to install firmware.

Solution
CAUSE: Possible corruption of the SSD board (SSDB) or Hard Disk Drive (HDD) unit.

SOLUTION: Before performing the steps below attempt to load firmware with the HDD physically disconnected from the MFPB. If the "MFP=NG" message returns then connect the HDD and proceed.

Format the HDD/SSD Procedure:

If able to access the Service Mode to format the HDD or SSD, perform the following steps.

WARNING: Carefully follow the steps below, as doing so will avoid any unnecessary replacement components, such as the MFPB/PRCB/HDD (when only the SSD is actually required).

1. Press Menu.
2. Select Counter.
3. Select Display Keypad.
4. Access Service Mode "Stop 00" "Stop 01".
5. Enter 9272 4 times (Factory default).
6. Select System 2.
7. Select HDD and set to "Uninstall".
8. Select State Confirmation.
9. Select Memory/HDD Adj.
10. Press down-arrow 2/2.
11. Select SSD Format.
12. Select Logical Format.
13. Power MFP OFF/ON.
14. Repeat steps 1 through 5 to access Service Mode.
15. Select System 1.
16. Select Initialization.
17. Clear All Data.
18. Select System 2.
19. Select HDD and set to "Install".
20. Power MFP OFF/ON. \
21. Repeat steps 1 through 5 to access Service Mode.
22. Select State Confirmation.
23. Select Memory/HDD Adj.
24. Use the down-arrow to access page 2.
25. Select HDD Format.
26. Select Logical Format.
27. Power MFP OFF/ON.

If the problem is not resolved after performing the above procedure, call the CSC for further support.
Please install the following "4e" Series firmware if the SSD has been approved for replacement and replaced. (Note: If firmware version is later than C8 then flash current firmware or update firmware to current base)

copier tech
05-20-2020, 09:31 PM
Thanks for the info.

I'm going back with a new SSD will try the suggestions FW update with the HDD disconnected.

It wont let me access CE mode so I have limited options.

tsbservice
05-20-2020, 09:36 PM
It wont let me access CE mode so I have limited options.

Have you tried access CE mode through reset thingy?
Was about to post what Synthohol posted but feeling like Albonline knows more than KM tech support.

copier tech
05-20-2020, 09:44 PM
Have you tried access CE mode through reset thingy?
Was about to post what Synthohol posted but feeling like Albonline knows more than KM tech support.

"reset thingy?" you might need to be more specific?

tsbservice
05-20-2020, 09:52 PM
"reset thingy?" you might need to be more specific?

Not in public.

Synthohol
05-21-2020, 02:09 AM
hey, i also thought about making sure the machine type is entered correctly.
if you print the network config page does it show the correct model?

Mr Magic
05-21-2020, 03:10 AM
Try down-grading the FW!

copier tech
05-21-2020, 10:43 AM
I'm onsite now.

first again tried latest firmware GDN-M1 same issue control N.G
Tried downgrading with GDF-M1 same N.G message
Fitted new SSD & powered back on with GDN-M1 this time all firmware shows OK & print button is blue.
Shut down the machine removed the USB pen.
Powered back on machine takes ages to boot up but finally came ready!
I believe this machine had the old faulty type SSD & factory firmware so when I updated to the latest 7 year firmware this caused the issue.

femaster
05-21-2020, 11:23 PM
I'm onsite now.

I believe this machine had the old faulty type SSD & factory firmware so when I updated to the latest 7 year firmware this caused the issue.

That SSD you pulled out might still be OK, even if it was one of the earlier problem ones.

Since the firmware hadn't been update previously, it's possible that the SSD contained older firmware and couldn't be updated with the main firmware. Toss the SSD into a machine back at the office and run the "SSD Board Tool" (A5C10Y0-F000-G00-A9-04--SSD-FW-Ver6.03m.exe) on it. It will update the firmware if it needs it, or will tell you if the firmware is already updated. If it does update the firmware, then you will also need to run a regular firmware update afterwards as newer main firmware will update the SSD further.

The main firmware won't update the SSD unless the SSD has version 6.03m or newer on it. If it's older you MUST run the SSD Tool first in order to update the SSD to V6.03m.

tsbservice
05-22-2020, 07:01 AM
That SSD you pulled out might still be OK, even if it was one of the earlier problem ones.

Since the firmware hadn't been update previously, it's possible that the SSD contained older firmware and couldn't be updated with the main firmware. Toss the SSD into a machine back at the office and run the "SSD Board Tool" (A5C10Y0-F000-G00-A9-04--SSD-FW-Ver6.03m.exe) on it. It will update the firmware if it needs it, or will tell you if the firmware is already updated. If it does update the firmware, then you will also need to run a regular firmware update afterwards as newer main firmware will update the SSD further.

The main firmware won't update the SSD unless the SSD has version 6.03m or newer on it. If it's older you MUST run the SSD Tool first in order to update the SSD to V6.03m.

Exactly my thoughts.;)

copier tech
05-22-2020, 07:15 AM

Thats a good shout it had SSD version 6.01a so if I had updated that version first then my main fw most likely would have worked! I will keep this the old SSD for the next rebooting loop issue!

As it happens customer rang back saying she cant scan to email & that the scan option is missing? When I first turned the machine on it changed from manual IP to DHCP & lost the original IP so I had to set that back.

Would a new SSD also have turned off the scan to email option!?

tsbservice
05-22-2020, 07:39 AM
Check in System 2 that HDD is installed.

naren parashar
07-01-2022, 08:13 PM
very good discussion on the MFP Download N.G.
today i have seen this issue in KM C454e which is start giving this msg during firmware update.. i have tried to downgrade upgrade firmware but no luck.
then i have removed the SSD and fix it back by cleaning all pins. but machine was still stuck on the same msg Download NG.

also tried to RESET MFP by tool but not worked . if I tried to on the machine without USB, it freezes on konica Minolta two strips.
then I have searched the Copytechnet and i just seen your discussion and i am pretty sure that i will make my machine possibly running by tomorrow after replacing the SSD board.

So many Thanks in Advance. keep posting.
NAMASKAR

ltdiniz
07-03-2022, 12:49 PM
muito boa discussão sobre o MFP Download NG
hoje eu vi esse problema no KM C454e que está começando a dar essa mensagem durante a atualização do firmware.. tentei fazer o downgrade de atualização do firmware, mas sem sorte.
então eu removi o SSD e corrigi-o limpando todos os pinos. mas a maquina ainda estava travada na mesma msg Download NG.

também tentei RESET MFP por ferramenta mas não funcionou. se eu tentei na máquina sem USB, ele congela na konica Minolta duas tiras.
então eu pesquisei o Copytechnet e acabei de ver sua discussão e tenho certeza de que farei minha máquina possivelmente funcionar até amanhã depois de substituir a placa SSD.

Muito obrigado antecipadamente. continue postando.
NAMASCAR

Hi!
Do the following procedure.
Disconnect ADF Cable, Remove Fax Card if installed and accessories such as Finisher/Sorter.
When initializing the Firmware, leave the front door open until it fully climbs the Panel and updates and see the result ok.
I already got this NG error and it was a failure in the FAX Card plugged in when updating FW, but after the update I came back and the fax card worked ok. BUG really
Good luck.

Custom Search