PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C224 waste toner full

Custom Search

Bix
05-22-2020, 08:58 AM
Hi, I met a bizhub C224 today that reported "Waste toner box full".

I went with a full pan but I found that the customer's pan was already empty. So I think there are problems with the sensor that detects the presence of toner in the transparent measuring cup.

There isn't even a lot of dirt in that area but even after cleaning, it keeps returning that message.

Going into the service mod I saw that there are two sensors: the tray presence sensor and the sensor that checks if the tray is full. The former works while the latter works.

I will replace the FRPB. Do you have any ideas?

tsbservice
05-22-2020, 09:19 AM
If it gives you message "Waste toner full" then it should be Waste toner full sensor (PS101). May be sensor itself contaminated with toner or dust. Blow some canned air into sensor slits.
It's rather for those sensors die so indeed if anything else is clear you may need new FRB.
Good luck buddy

living
05-22-2020, 10:39 AM
hello
remove and clean waste toner45717

emujo2
05-22-2020, 03:12 PM
It sounds lke you are re using the waste boxes.. Have you remove the see through window and cleaned all toner out..your troubleshooting is confusing..you say the tray sensor works and the full sensor works as well. Are you referring to the waste box sensor and do both sensors work?

"Going into the service mod I saw that there are two sensors: the tray presence sensor and the sensor that checks if the tray is full. The former works while the latter works."

Synthohol
05-22-2020, 03:47 PM
IIRC there is a clock disk gear on the lower auger, ive seen them break off and give the same message.
what if you just install a new WTB? seems to be the best place to start.

tsbservice
05-22-2020, 06:18 PM
IIRC there is a clock disk gear on the lower auger, ive seen them break off and give the same message.
what if you just install a new WTB? seems to be the best place to start.

Imho my understanding is that ONLY when photocoupler PS101 optical path is blocked after predetermined time machine will give this message. No augers, gears or else related.

tsbservice
05-22-2020, 06:34 PM
It sounds lke you are re using the waste boxes..You have you remove the see through window and clean all toner out..your troubleshooting is confusing..you say the tray sensor works and the full sensor works as well. Are you referring to the waste box sensor and do both sensors work?

"Going into the service mod I saw that there are two sensors: the tray presence sensor and the sensor that checks if the tray is full. The former works while the latter works."

Emujo2, as frequent member here you should already known that Bix is fine and knowledgeable KM tech. And if you weren't such hard hat you eventually may notice that CTN isn't NA region bounded. There is something called language barrier and you know where Berlin is. I'm almost sure that your German spelling may be difficult for Bix to comprehend a word. Most of us other languages speaking techs make great efforts to describe properly our point. Your opinion isn't constructive at all in this case.

emujo2
05-22-2020, 07:39 PM
An opinion would be "I think the problem is ...." I asked for clarification, that's all.

Bix
05-24-2020, 10:30 PM
Sorry for my language, I still have to improve my english. I forgot an essential "not". However, the sensor that detects if the waste toner box is full does not work. The sensor that detects the presence of the waste toner box works.

femaster
05-25-2020, 03:03 AM
Sorry for my language, I still have to improve my english. I forgot an essential "not". However, the sensor that detects if the waste toner box is full does not work. The sensor that detects the presence of the waste toner box works.

I think you have found your problem. Like tsbservice said, try blowing out the sensor before you replace it, it only takes a second to clean it, and that second of time could save you some money.

Bix
05-25-2020, 08:34 AM
Thanks friends, I update you. I cleaned the sensor unsuccessfully, so I proceeded to replace the Front Board. Replacing the Front Board also didn't help. Theoretically I have read that there is a "waste toner near full" sensor and after about 2,000 pages or an image stabilization, the printer returns the waste toner full state.

blackcat4866
05-25-2020, 05:26 PM
I just want to clarify that you may be seeing the message "Waste Toner Box Installation Error". It's very common for endusers to need to snap off the flag on the waste bottle, so it is not identified by the machine.

I've repaired quite a lot of these flags. At one school the endusers had managed to snap off the flags on the waste bottles in three machines and on two replacement bottles. They were quite efficient ... ly stupid.
=^..^=

tsbservice
05-25-2020, 06:05 PM
Hi, I met a bizhub C224 today that reported "Waste toner box full".

I went with a full pan but I found that the customer's pan was already empty. So I think there are problems with the sensor that detects the presence of toner in the transparent measuring cup.

There isn't even a lot of dirt in that area but even after cleaning, it keeps returning that message.

Going into the service mod I saw that there are two sensors: the tray presence sensor and the sensor that checks if the tray is full. The former works while the latter works.

I will replace the FRPB. Do you have any ideas?

Bix in your initial post by pan and tray did you mean WTB?
Also when you test sensors in test mode are they both pass test OK?

Bix
05-26-2020, 07:44 AM
Hi blackcat4866, thanks for the tip but unfortunately it is not my case. The printer says "Waste toner box full".

Hi tsbservice, yes. It is the waste toner box. Only the sensor that detects the presence of the waste toner box works but the one that checks if it is near full does not work.

I have replaced the front board but without success.
Thanks friends, if anyone has experience on this issue, it is welcome!

tsbservice
05-26-2020, 08:25 AM
Unfortunately next step left is PRCB or wiring from FRB to PRCB. Before that I will do Clear All Data in case some switch got corrupted value.

Bix
05-26-2020, 08:44 AM
Thanks, yesterday I cleared the data and rewrite the firmware for safety. I order a new PRCB and will let you know :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Bix
05-26-2020, 10:51 AM
This is embarassing. I have just replaced the PRCB and finally all the sensors are now working but "Wast Toner Box Full" kept coming out. I've found that the customer has also broken plastic piece that is used to detect the cover is open.
Now the printer has started working again!
Thank you all

tsbservice
05-26-2020, 11:34 AM
This is embarassing. I have just replaced the PRCB and finally all the sensors are now working but "Wast Toner Box Full" kept coming out. I've found that the customer has also broken plastic piece that is used to detect the cover is open.
Now the printer has started working again!
Thank you all

Very unfortunate situation but i guess nobody is impeccable. So in reality WTB full message hides front cover open from appearing on control panel and it won't clear with cover open. What a mess! KM must fix this with new FW. I will test machine in office and report back.

Bix
05-26-2020, 04:27 PM
I have had very little experience with series 4. From what I have seen, compared to series 4e, they have few updates. If I'm not mistaken, the latest Mass-Production Program firmware is G20-72.
Furthermore, I still have not understood if dipswitches exist to change version in this model (in the word file it is not present).

Theoretically it could also happen with the 8 series or iSeries, as they too do not reset if I don't close the door (or maybe not. I'll try next time)

tsbservice
05-26-2020, 05:31 PM
I have 8 and i-series in office and was planning to test them cheating door and wtb full sensor but realize that it would be hard to reproduce exactly your situation because machine have to made about 2000 copies between first detection(wtb near full warning) and wtb full machine stop condition.
The test should be made on stoped machine. Will do this next time when find client with full wtb.

tsbservice
05-27-2020, 01:26 PM
OK, I made another test. Remove WTB and close front door.
1. Machine will complain about "Waste Toner Box installation failure"
2. Next open front door and install back WTB, machine still be showing on display "Waste Toner Box installation failure" without closed door but...
3. On display you can choose by arrow machine to display next page of animation guide and one can see that "There is open component" message

Tested on 8 and i-series machines. So all guys who think animation guide is not that important...be prepared :D

Custom Search