PDA

View Full Version : Jamming Bizhub c451 jams from tray 1 and tray 2

Custom Search

rightbrained
05-23-2020, 04:38 AM
I recently picked up a Bizhub c451 to use at home. I knew when I bought it that it jams from tray 1 and tray 2. Some online searches suggests that there are bad sensors in these drawers. I currently only print from the bypass tray or the deep drawer.

Is there a source for these sensors and is there a step by step replacement tutorial or schematic somewhere online?

My background: I live in a town of 700 people and I am able to offer cheap copy service to my fellow townsfolk ONLY because I pick up used machines off Craigslist, etc. and do repair work myself. Although I am not a tech, I've been doing this for over 15 years and have been pretty successful thus far.

tsbservice
05-23-2020, 08:00 AM
Review this thread.
konica C550 code 1101 (https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/89484-konica-c550-code-1101-a.html)
You may aslo find helpful SM which someone here may send you.

femaster
05-23-2020, 07:35 PM
It really depends on what the symptoms are (never feeds a single page, feeds 5 pages then jams, etc.), and what the jam codes are. On that model, I'm pretty sure the default was to NOT show jam codes when a jam happens, unfortunately. Try running something from each tray, and if it shows the code (which will look like: J##-##) post it back here noting which tray produced which code. Without the code(s), it's just a guessing game.

On a side note, sensors rarely fail. More likely you have an issue with worn feed tires, slipping one-way bearing(s), feed clutche(s), etc. It's not impossible that it's a sensor, just improbable.

tsbservice
05-23-2020, 08:32 PM
It really depends on what the symptoms are (never feeds a single page, feeds 5 pages then jams, etc.), and what the jam codes are. On that model, I'm pretty sure the default was to NOT show jam codes when a jam happens, unfortunately. Try running something from each tray, and if it shows the code (which will look like: J##-##) post it back here noting which tray produced which code. Without the code(s), it's just a guessing game.

On a side note, sensors rarely fail. More likely you have an issue with worn feed tires, slipping one-way bearing(s), feed clutche(s), etc. It's not impossible that it's a sensor, just improbable.

I really enjoy reading your posts. Great thinking man.

femaster
05-25-2020, 02:56 AM
I really enjoy reading your posts. Great thinking man.

I'm assuming that is a compliment...? I hope. :rolleyes:

tsbservice
05-25-2020, 09:46 AM
I'm assuming that is a compliment...? I hope. :rolleyes:

Not once in the past(not here) I've made opinion for people based on what and how they write. Later I met some of them personally and now they're my friends ;)

Custom Search