PDA

View Full Version : Konica minolta "i" series freezing up.

Custom Search

pickle8486
05-27-2020, 07:04 PM
ok so I got an i series c360i that is periodically freezing up. So far I have done all the normal steps of initializing, and running the 8 series reset tool. It is currently at 7b firmware that did load 100%. These machines seem to be a good idea, but KM needs to go back to the drawing board on the software side.

Albonline
05-27-2020, 07:53 PM
ok so I got an i series c360i that is periodically freezing up. So far I have done all the normal steps of initializing, and running the 8 series reset tool. It is currently at 7b firmware that did load 100%. These machines seem to be a good idea, but KM needs to go back to the drawing board on the software side.

turn off all unneeded services/ apps. especially marketplace. may want to try putting unit into debug mode.

Albonline
05-27-2020, 07:56 PM
have seen the emmc board, (m2 ssd ) cause erratic hard stops on this line, I have been fdisking them and recovering the copier afterward. good luck.

copier tech
05-27-2020, 08:12 PM
turn off all unneeded services/ apps. especially marketplace. may want to try putting unit into debug mode.

Whats the best way to completely remove marketplace?

tsbservice
05-27-2020, 08:17 PM
Delete this c.rap with old openAPI remove program.

Albonline
05-27-2020, 08:19 PM
Whats the best way to completely remove marketplace?

there is a dip switch setting to disable it. and then turn off screensaver.

Albonline
05-27-2020, 08:22 PM
Delete this c.rap with old openAPI remove program.

like this solution better , but i'm a direct employee. rules rule here.

copier tech
05-27-2020, 08:32 PM
Found this post. No mention of a SW to disable it completely.

bizhub i-series hide the pre-installed MarketPlace Application (https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/140933-bizhub-i-series-hide-pre-installed-marketplace-application.html)

tsbservice
05-27-2020, 08:41 PM
Found this post. No mention of a SW to disable it completely.

bizhub i-series hide the pre-installed MarketPlace Application (https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/140933-bizhub-i-series-hide-pre-installed-marketplace-application.html)

That would hide it but won't remove it. Like Albonline said or via openAPI remover.

Albonline
05-27-2020, 08:49 PM
That would hide it but won't remove it. Like Albonline said or via openAPI remover.

(172 to 01) keep it under your hat!

tsbservice
05-27-2020, 09:11 PM
(172 to 01) keep it under your hat!

Oh Thanks. I know it but just use other way. No at all KM employe...they simply may want me :D

Bix
05-28-2020, 08:44 AM
Marketplace never bothered me.
The iSeries have 8GB of RAM, so it should be able to run many applications without crashing if optimized.

In my case, it's always been the bloody STRGB. Here are some cases that the replacement of the STRGB (storage board) solved:
- C250i printer goes offline continuously, even by setting all the network parameters correctly.
- C250i the screen freezes randomly.
- C300i no longer turns on and the screen remains white.

Konica Minolta will hardly admit that the problem is that (they often say it is CPUB or Firmware problem). I managed to pass it under warranty always because I had the demonstration that by replacing that, the C250i / C300i has started working again.

Bix
05-28-2020, 08:56 AM
However they are SSD M2, if you have a motherboard in your PC you can use them again and have a faster computer.

Albonline
05-28-2020, 06:39 PM
Oh Thanks. I know it but just use other way. No at all KM employe...they simply may want me :D

make that 04

Albonline
05-28-2020, 06:42 PM
Marketplace never bothered me.
The iSeries have 8GB of RAM, so it should be able to run many applications without crashing if optimized.

In my case, it's always been the bloody STRGB. Here are some cases that the replacement of the STRGB (storage board) solved:
- C250i printer goes offline continuously, even by setting all the network parameters correctly.
- C250i the screen freezes randomly.
- C300i no longer turns on and the screen remains white.

Konica Minolta will hardly admit that the problem is that (they often say it is CPUB or Firmware problem). I managed to pass it under warranty always because I had the demonstration that by replacing that, the C250i / C300i has started working again.

try clearing a partitions on the ssd and do a system recovery. i have done this a few times without further returns on the unit.

Gift
06-02-2020, 11:20 AM
We also had 2 cases with faulty eMMC storage board. Not shure what goes on @ KM Development meetings for future models but there must be this one guy insisting to keep these ssd related issue-spirit alive no matter what lol...

CompyTech
06-02-2020, 09:45 PM
We also had 2 cases with faulty eMMC storage board. Not shure what goes on @ KM Development meetings for future models but there must be this one guy insisting to keep these ssd related issue-spirit alive no matter what lol...

More likely they're sourcing the cheapest flash memory chips they can get a hold of.

Which means quality goes down.

Walterj
06-06-2020, 09:55 AM
[CITA = pickle8486; 1486406] ok, así que obtuve una serie i c360i que se congela periódicamente. Hasta ahora he hecho todos los pasos normales de inicialización y ejecuto la herramienta de reinicio de la serie 8. Actualmente está en el firmware 7b que se cargó al 100%. Estas máquinas parecen ser una buena idea, pero KM necesita volver al tablero de dibujo en el lado del software. [/ QUOTE]

Reescribe el fw (Version GG2-7B) , (Version 11_Movie Data)
Switch No.: 25
HEX Assignment: 10 -> Function Version 2.0
When you enable Market Place Application on the MFP operation panel, please be sure to check a connection with Market Place
Website by touching Market Place icon on Basic Style.
If you skip this step (verification of connection), Market Place application may not work.

Cyclops85
06-09-2020, 01:41 AM
Freezing and not booting up is usually due to the storage board. You can usually tell by attempting to update firmware and MFP controller only getting to 10% then displaying N.G. Storage board should sort this problem as well.

Custom Search