PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta Bizhub C224e C-2557 error

Custom Search

Alex1
05-28-2020, 06:17 AM
I have a Konica Minolta Bizhub C224e I'm working on here with a C2557 error. I checked the developer which seems fine as the developer is requesting toner hence the C2557 that shows the developer is working fine. I checked the Hopper and realised the paddle was out of place so cleaned it up and put the paddle back into place.

Turned the machine on with no luck to auto toner feed. If I go into service mode and manually feed toner I see the cartridge rotates which also means the toner motor is working fine but once the dev is low again back to the C2557 error and machine won't feed toner automatically. I also updated the firmware. I also traced the wires from the Hopper all seems plugged in and fine. Any ideas????

tsbservice
05-28-2020, 07:52 AM
It's either Toner Hopper binding p/n A161R71122 or leaking toner seal(bushing) p/n A5C1RA0000

femaster
05-28-2020, 07:58 AM
Have you confirmed that the paddle is actually turning? If that hopper isn't turning, you'll never get toner into the dev unit.

I'm curious as to just what you mean by "the paddle was out of place". I've never heard of that, and I'd suspect that if it was out of place, then maybe something is broken.

The only thing I have seen on this style machine is the toner gets into the white plastic bushing/cap on the front side of the toner hopper and causes the hopper drive to bind up (See attached image). In the past I've just popped the white cap/bushing off the front of the hopper and cleaned out the cap, and inside the hopper where the cap attaches, with a vacuum. Some gentle scrapping inside the cap with a small flat screwdriver may be necessary as the toner might be caked in there pretty good.

I've never had a binding issue return after that. There is a bulletin that tells you to replace the caps, but I've never had to do that. Cleaning them out has been sufficient and the problem has never returned on the couple of machines I've had to do it to.

copier tech
05-28-2020, 08:13 AM
Have you confirmed that the paddle is actually turning? If that hopper isn't turning, you'll never get toner into the dev unit.

I'm curious as to just what you mean by "the paddle was out of place". I've never heard of that, and I'd suspect that if it was out of place, then maybe something is broken.

The only thing I have seen on this style machine is the toner gets into the white plastic bushing/cap on the front side of the toner hopper and causes the hopper drive to bind up (See attached image). In the past I've just popped the white cap/bushing off the front of the hopper and cleaned out the cap, and inside the hopper where the cap attaches, with a vacuum. Some gentle scrapping inside the cap with a small flat screwdriver may be necessary as the toner might be caked in there pretty good.

I've never had a binding issue return after that. There is a bulletin that tells you to replace the caps, but I've never had to do that. Cleaning them out has been sufficient and the problem has never returned on the couple of machines I've had to do it to.

^^ Had this exact issue yesterday^^ Yellow was pretty much blank removing the yellow dv unit it looked like the black unit!

I checked yellow readings were at 0.0%

As in this pic pop off the small white cap, check is the shaft driving? mine was not. I basically vacuumed some toner out out manually turned the shaft by had then it started driving on its own.

To do this cheat the front door & the waste bottle detect sensor.

Alex1
05-28-2020, 08:19 AM
Thank you for your reply. I have pulled apart the Hopper and the cap has been removed and cleaned. When you open up the Hopper you see a paddle in there which could happen rarely but it comes of the plastic hinge from one side in travel if the Hopper is empty.

I know the paddle does rotate because once I do a manual feed toner in service mode you then see and hear the motor turn in the Hopper. I feed toner manually the Hopper gets full, then the Hopper feeds the developer tank when low there but once the Hopper is empty the toner doesn't refill it.

Alex1
05-28-2020, 08:24 AM
It's either Toner Hopper binding p/n A161R71122 or leaking toner seal(bushing) p/n A5C1RA0000

From memory isn't the paddle sensor which triggers low toner in the Hopper to automatically fill toner again?

Cyclops85
06-09-2020, 01:49 AM
Change hopper and check level history, should be around 6%. If not then replace black dev unit and run a load of black test prints until toner resupplies, it should tone up and be good to go.

Custom Search