PDA

View Full Version : C4801 Helpp

Custom Search

furius
05-28-2020, 06:23 PM
Hi guys I have a serious problem with a machine in the lab
It would be fantastic if you could help me.
I have a working C364 machine from which I took the pcrb (pwb) card then mounted on a customer's C284.
The c284 registered the updated c4802 so I followed the procedure and managed to start it.
In the meantime I have tried two more cards(pwb) on my C364 machine
But I always get error C4801.
I have another working C284 that I could use but I'm afraid to make more messes.
Could I be able to solve by reassembling the old pcrb currently mounted on the customer's machine?
thank you very much

GIUBOSS
05-31-2020, 09:43 PM
Every time you replace one or more boards you have to perform the recovery procedure every time and update the firmware. C 4801 : 1 Reinstall the old PRCB. 2 Back up data. 1. Call the Service Mode to the screen. 2. Call the Enhanced Security to the screen. 3. Touch [Engine Data Backup]. 2. Touch [Engine Data Save mode], and press the Start key. 3. Select [Yes], and press the Start key again. 4. Check that the result “OK” appears. 3 Replace PRCB Turn OFF the main power switch and replace the current PRCB with a new one. (When using a PRCB of another machine in service, be sure to use a PRCB installed in the same model.) 4 Restore back up data. 1. Turn ON the main power switch. 2. Check that the trouble code “C4802” appears and then display service mode. 3. Call the Enhanced Security to the screen. 4. Touch [Engine Data Backup]. 5. Touch [Engine Data Load mode], and press the Start key. 6. Select [Yes], and press the Start key again. 7. Check that the result “OK” appears. 8. Turn OFF the main power switch and turn it ON again more than 10 seconds after. 5 Update the PRCB firmware. Good luck

Synthohol
06-01-2020, 03:36 AM
and make sure the 2 digit hex is correct for the machine type because you put it in a different model.
when you boot to a firmware stick hit machine type on the screen and make sure its not FF. or for the previous model it was in.
thats mainly a MFPB thing but never hurts to make sure.

tulintron
06-08-2020, 07:24 PM
You need another C364 in operation
Firmware
correct plate replacement procedure
Correct hexadecimal for the printer

risk of loss of some data

Custom Search