PDA

View Full Version : c253 1101 jam

Custom Search

mtcchuck
06-01-2020, 11:03 PM
Good afternoon
I have a Bizhub c253 giving me a fit. Jams from tray 1 giving an 1101 code. I have replaced feed tires, addressed the one ways and shafts, cleaned paper feed clutch as well. I have also tried adjusting paper loop. I have used the service mode to check ps 23. The switch does change state every time. When the paper is jammed in the machine it does show the switch is actuated. The paper stops in the exact same spot every time. The paper is in the nip of the timing roller.
Anyone have any ideas? Can the paper ports be switched between tray 1 and 2 for testing purposes?
Thanks in advance Chuck

rrrohan
06-02-2020, 06:44 AM
you say you "addressed" the one ways and shafts. does that mean you cleaned shaft and replaced the A02E561100 clutch.
Also could be the CL1 clutch. CL2 is same part number so maybe try swapping them around

tsbservice
06-02-2020, 07:48 AM
Clean or replace registration roller bushings especially if machine counter is high.

rrrohan
06-02-2020, 01:04 PM
i didnt do much work on the 353 series but did they have reg roller bushing problems too? i only had them on c364. it was real bad i had one roller i could hardly move by hand. they seemed to fixed it by e series

mtcchuck
06-02-2020, 02:16 PM
Thanks for the advice. i will head back over and try the registration bushings and switch feed clutches. As far as addressing shafts i sanded with emery cloth and checked/oiled one way bearing. I wouldnt think it would could be a clutch because it feeds the paper every time but i will sure try. thanks again for the replies!

3ktlc
06-02-2020, 03:01 PM
Yes, the registration bushings on this model lock up often. Also, The C454/554.

Synthohol
06-02-2020, 05:48 PM
oiled the one way bearing?
i alcohol the crap out of them to remove every drop of oil so they dont slip. for 21 years and only like 3 out of hundreds failed because the grooves were too worn to compress the shaft.
IMHO thats counterproductive.

Phil B.
06-02-2020, 05:58 PM
i alcohol the crap out of them to remove every drop of oil so they dont slip. for 21 years and only like 3 out of hundreds failed because the grooves were too worn to compress the shaft.

+1 I NEVER OILED one way's

mtcchuck
06-02-2020, 06:50 PM
No kidding? I was always taught to oil one ways. I was told that by our tech rep when i first started this career. (we are kyocera dealer) Ive been oiling them since 1996! Not saying im right though! I was unable to test things i switched between port 1 and 2 today. We are waiting on an image unit. If this doesnt work i will for sure remove oil from one ways and try again. Thanks for all the feedback.

tsbservice
06-02-2020, 06:51 PM
Same here. Always cleaned oneways good with piece of cotton soiled with isopropyl.
Never lubed but they do factory come with some oil on them ...imho work good without it.

Synthohol
06-03-2020, 12:16 AM
what they come with is a special mineral oil to prevent rust during shipping across the great pond.
the oil evaporates with use and ventilation.
thats what was explained to me. :)

rrrohan
06-03-2020, 03:03 AM
if its only jamming from tray 1 wouldnt registration roller bushings cause jams from tray 2 as well

mtcchuck
06-08-2020, 06:38 PM
Well...I went back to test machine. As stated before i moved parts from tray 1 to tray 2. With this being said i fully expected tray 2 to jam. I ran 125 from tray 1 and 125 from tray 2 with no jams. LOL I told the customer to call back when it does jam and let me know which tray is involved. thanks for all your help. I will just hold my breath I guess! You guys are great. Have a good Monday

tsbservice
06-08-2020, 07:12 PM
Well...I went back to test machine. As stated before i moved parts from tray 1 to tray 2.
Clasic move I use it everytime I can before ordering parts cuz whe are small(no car parts inventory):cool:
Could be better though...but hey my labour and travel time costs less...well duh.

Hansoon
06-09-2020, 07:12 AM

Same here. In the past decades - fighting the Analogs and later the Digitals - I NEVER EVER replaced one ways nor electro magnetic clutches. I blow them out with air, flush them with brake cleaner, blow them out again, scuff up the shafts or plates with finest-of-fine polishing paper clean all again with brake cleaner and that's it. I'm an Indy doing for 95% rentals and the equipment usually will do up to 1 million or even more before machines being replaced with the next generation.

Hans

mtcchuck
06-10-2020, 04:24 PM
So far so good! I was in the same building yesterday and they never mentioned the machine! I appreciate all the help!

Custom Search