PDA

View Full Version : C308 won't exit power save

Custom Search

deputydogg
06-02-2020, 02:07 PM
This machine is about 2 months old. The customer called yesterday and said the screen was blank and the blue light on the power button is blinking, pushing it has no affect. They powered it off/on with main power switch and is back to normal.
Any suggestions as to what this may be ?
Thanks,
Dave

copier addict
06-02-2020, 02:42 PM
This machine is about 2 months old. The customer called yesterday and said the screen was blank and the blue light on the power button is blinking, pushing it has no affect. They powered it off/on with main power switch and is back to normal.
Any suggestions as to what this may be ?
Thanks,
Dave

Go into service mode and allow sleep mode to be turned off. Then go into admin mode and turn off sleep mode.

copyman
06-02-2020, 06:01 PM
Turn off sleep mode. Go into serv mode and under sleep tab (not sure sys 1 or 2) select "permit", exit and enter admin mode and turn off sleep. This was a problem with the "4" series and I automatically turn off sleep on all 75-100 of the 4 series I service. Lot less issues since I've been doing that. Leave it to K/M not to have fixed this next series!

Bix
06-03-2020, 08:32 AM
I have noticed that the problem disappears in the 8 series if you deactivate "Turn off secondary power" by setting it to "Energy saving".
Other tip: It also deactivates the weekly timer from ErP and sets it to "Pause" (better if you completely disable weekly timer)

Custom Search