PDA

View Full Version : C658 vs C759

Custom Search

progoffice
06-02-2020, 04:24 PM
We have a potential new customer that is looking for a high speed Konica Minolta color machine. We have several C458/C558 machines in the field and those do pretty good for both us and the customer. I realize the C658 is in that same family; however, the C759 has more of the older heavy duty Konica design with imaging units instead of separate drum/DV units. For those that have worked on both models, which model do you prefer in both serviceability and reliability?

progoffice
06-02-2020, 04:34 PM
I guess I should really ask C650i vs C759. We haven't messed with the new i series yet, but all I read on here is that there are quite a few bugs to still be worked out those new models.

Albonline
06-02-2020, 04:50 PM
We have a potential new customer that is looking for a high speed Konica Minolta color machine. We have several C458/C558 machines in the field and those do pretty good for both us and the customer. I realize the C658 is in that same family; however, the C759 has more of the older heavy duty Konica design with imaging units instead of separate drum/DV units. For those that have worked on both models, which model do you prefer in both serviceability and reliability?

759s run well in high volume environments, the inversion/delivery systems will need regular attention, but they are worth the effort. if it's for occasional use / convenience type of unit i would go 658. if you can get one.(not in manufacture any longer), i would stay away from the faster i series units till the firmware bugs are fixed.

progoffice
06-02-2020, 05:05 PM
Thanks Albonline. That's kind of what I thought. Forgive my ignorance on this model (C759), but does it use something different than C654e/C754e models? I'm not familiar with your term inversion/delivery system.

Albonline
06-02-2020, 05:19 PM
Thanks Albonline. That's kind of what I thought. Forgive my ignorance on this model (C759), but does it use something different than C654e/C754e models? I'm not familiar with your term inversion/delivery system.
basically the duplex unit, and everything on the door wears out faster than the say 754 one way roller down on the right side gets torn up . stuff that was designed for 45 page a minute running at 75 pages isn't going to last.

copier tech
06-02-2020, 05:59 PM

I’ve got two C759 models side by side this customer is does around 15k per week on each one.

All they’ve ever needed is a K IU & rollers i’ve even shown the key user how to replace the drums so we now keep a set on site & so rarely need to attend.

Similar engine to the C552 if you ever worked on them.

A great workhorse.

tsbservice
06-02-2020, 07:20 PM
I’ve got two C759 models side by side this customer is does around 15k per week on each one.

All they’ve ever needed is a K IU & rollers i’ve even shown the key user how to replace the drums so we now keep a set on site & so rarely need to attend.

Similar engine to the C552 if you ever worked on them.

A great workhorse.

At 60k a month they seems to me underutilized. A C458 would load that monthly volume as well for some years.

CompyTech
06-02-2020, 09:40 PM
In a nutshell:

C759 = C754e beefed up

C658 = C554e beefed up

C650i = C658 with the new i Series interface.

progoffice
06-02-2020, 09:52 PM
Thank you all for your posts. One thing I love about the C454e/C458/C558 is they are so much easier to move than those back busting tanks like the C452/C754e and still the C759 I assume. It's amazing how they could run as good or better and weigh half as much. I still think that once the bugs were worked out of the "e" series machines up to the C554e they became one of the best color machines of all time. I would say the same about the 8 series if they didn't change the drums.

tsbservice
06-02-2020, 10:05 PM
Thank you all for your posts. One thing I love about the C454e/C458/C558 is they are so much easier to move than those back busting tanks like the C452/C754e and still the C759 I assume. It's amazing how they could run as good or better and weigh half as much. I still think that once the bugs were worked out of the "e" series machines up to the C554e they became one of the best color machines of all time. I would say the same about the 8 series if they didn't change the drums.

I like your opinion but technically they changed charge units not drums. 4e vs 8, low volume up to 554e.

progoffice
06-02-2020, 10:23 PM
I like your opinion but technically they changed charge units not drums. 4e vs 8, low volume up to 554e.

You got me on that, but I was referring to the charge mechanism of the drum like you mentioned. It seems like a roller would cost more to make, but I guess not if people have to buy more drums. Those older style drums would last sometimes 2.5 times their yield or more. What does the i series use?

tsbservice
06-02-2020, 10:36 PM
No more corona/scorotron/wire chargers due less ozone requirements. Cheep like small printer PCRs exposing drums.

Bix
06-03-2020, 08:25 AM
In the C650i series the drums last longer (theoretically). But it is mainly due to less amount of toner in my opinion.

Custom Search