PDA

View Full Version : User Auth - self associating your card

Custom Search

rrrohan
06-03-2020, 05:57 AM
Is it possible for users to assign a card them-self or does the administrator need to do this?

I see they can change their own password but not assign a card.

Its for a remote site and the IT guy doesnt want to provide the site users with admin code to copier.

ivovb
06-03-2020, 09:18 AM
SafeQ, PaperCut or LK-114?

BR

rrrohan
06-03-2020, 10:14 AM
SafeQ, PaperCut or LK-114?

BR

so only way for IT to do this would be to use external server authentication and put the cards ID into AD ?

I doubt they will pay over a grand in software just for this feature alone

B0265
06-03-2020, 10:22 AM
I don't know what model you are working on but check for this setting in the webb interface:
security - restrict user access - Biometric/IC Card information registration

tsbservice
06-03-2020, 04:01 PM
Is it possible for users to assign a card them-self or does the administrator need to do this?

I see they can change their own password but not assign a card.

Its for a remote site and the IT guy doesnt want to provide the site users with admin code to copier.
Can you register them when on site to mount auth. unit and install loadable driver etc.

rrrohan
06-04-2020, 02:56 AM
I don't know what model you are working on but check for this setting in the webb interface:
security - restrict user access - Biometric/IC Card information registration

Winner. thanks

Notice you also then have to allow Biometric/IC Card Information Registration for each user as it cant be set as a "Default Function Permission"

Can you register them when on site to mount auth. unit and install loadable driver etc.

its so when new staff need to be setup on copier IT can do this remote and just send provide them with the ability to register their own IC Card as they obviously dont want to need to provide admin password to the copier to do it the traditional way

emujo2
06-04-2020, 05:29 PM
Page Scope Data Admin does a few things with IC cards..

You can inport a user name/card ID CSV, and if you have one machine setup you can do collective IC card maint. You would need a card reader to give you the card values. E

B0265
06-05-2020, 08:35 AM
Page Scope Data Admin does a few things with IC cards..

You can inport a user name/card ID CSV, and if you have one machine setup you can do collective IC card maint. You would need a card reader to give you the card values. E

You also need to install a plugin for the type of card reader you are using to the PS Data Admin.

emujo2
06-05-2020, 08:09 PM
Good info, I have never had to use PSDA for this..I know it can though. E

rrrohan
06-08-2020, 04:07 AM
you have to use Konica AU devices though dont you. Pretty sure it wont work last time i tried with YSOFT reader

B0265
06-08-2020, 07:59 AM
It has been a while since I done this, but there should be a plugin available for YSoft readers also.

Custom Search