PDA

View Full Version : Konica-Minolta bizhub PRO C6501 - Paper Buckle/Jam at fuser entry.

Custom Search

OverKnight
06-05-2020, 09:37 PM
Greetings Fellow Frustrated Service/Operators People!

I have a bit of a problem with the ol'Konica-Minolta bizhub PRO C6501 (1.3 Million Total Clicks). No matter what grade of stock I run, I cannot get this machine to run properly without it jamming at the registration section. I dismantled the registration section to check the roller, torque limiter and spring. Nothing seems to be wrong with them or the gears.

SIDENOTE: I was experiencing several codes during this process that made it more frustrating, most of which has nothing to do with feeding paper. However, it became necessary to replace the fuser belt and by doing so, it solved many codes in the process. I was having fuser errors due to connectivity (C-3913) and fuser temperature errors (C-3802, 3501, 3908). I don't know who hammered at it, but the back plastic cover was broken and the fusing duct assembly. The cover prevented the unit to make full contact to the connection for the fuser and the fusing duct assembly aligns the lamp, hence all the temp codes.

After all that replacement and code clearing madness, C-2452 hit. Again, nothing to do with paper feeding. So, the developer was due on the Magenta and Cyan units. Replaced the developer in both. Ran all the standard start-up diagnostics only to have color registration issues. Cleaned all the sensors and ran the auto registration and all was well again. Little issue with color/gamma correction C-2840, but that's another story.

Now back to our original story...

This KM is over 1 million prints. It actually prints very well when the sheet makes it all the way through only if I jack up the weight class as a slower print. It can successfully make a couple of 11" x 17" print with few minor flaws. Visually one print might have a scratch on it (buckling, hitting the fuser path) or the tail of the sheet will be a washout, and that usually occurs on a lower weight class.

If there is any questions on my descriptions, I can furnish some image to clarify.

Any ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

blackcat4866
06-05-2020, 11:47 PM
Now back to our original story...

This KM is over 1 million prints. It actually prints very well when the sheet makes it all the way through only if I jack up the weight class as a slower print. It can successfully make a couple of 11" x 17" print with few minor flaws. Visually one print might have a scratch on it (buckling, hitting the fuser path) or the tail of the sheet will be a washout, and that usually occurs on a lower weight class.

If there is any questions on my descriptions, I can furnish some image to clarify. ...

Excellent. Samples, and maybe some jam codes? We ARE talking about jamming, yes? =^..^=

Walterj
06-06-2020, 09:08 AM
[CITA = OverKnight; 1494266] ¡Saludos, compañeros frustrados de servicio / operadores!

Tengo un pequeño problema con la ol'Konica-Minolta bizhub PRO C6501 (1.3 millones de clics totales). No importa qué grado de stock ejecuto, no puedo hacer que esta máquina funcione correctamente sin que se atasque en la sección de registro. Desmantelé la sección de registro para verificar el rodillo, el limitador de torque y el resorte. Nada parece estar mal con ellos o los engranajes.

NOTA: Experimenté varios códigos durante este proceso que lo hicieron más frustrante, la mayoría de los cuales no tiene nada que ver con alimentar papel. Sin embargo, se hizo necesario reemplazar la correa del fusor y al hacerlo, resolvió muchos códigos en el proceso. Estaba teniendo errores del fusor debido a la conectividad (C-3913) y errores de temperatura del fusor (C-3802, 3501, 3908). No sé quién lo golpeó, pero la cubierta posterior de plástico estaba rota y el conjunto del conducto de fusión. La cubierta evitó que la unidad hiciera contacto total con la conexión del fusor y el conjunto del conducto de fusión alinea la lámpara, de ahí todos los códigos de temperatura.

Después de todo ese reemplazo y la locura de limpieza del código, C-2452 golpeó. De nuevo, nada que ver con la alimentación de papel. Entonces, el desarrollador debía entregarse en las unidades Magenta y Cyan. Reemplazó al desarrollador en ambos. Ejecuté todos los diagnósticos de inicio estándar solo para tener problemas de registro de color. Limpié todos los sensores y ejecutó el registro automático y todo volvió a estar bien. Pequeño problema con la corrección de color / gamma C-2840, pero esa es otra historia.

Ahora volvamos a nuestra historia original ...

Este KM tiene más de 1 millón de impresiones. En realidad, se imprime muy bien cuando la hoja avanza solo si elevo la clase de peso como una impresión más lenta. Puede realizar con éxito un par de impresiones de 11 "x 17" con algunos defectos menores. Visualmente, una impresión puede tener un rasguño (pandeo, golpear la ruta del fusor) o la cola de la hoja será un lavado, y eso generalmente ocurre en una clase de menor peso.

Si hay alguna pregunta sobre mis descripciones, puedo proporcionar alguna imagen para aclarar.

Cualquier idea o sugerencia es muy apreciada.

Gracias! [/ CITA]

good day
Reading everything mentioned that you asked the question is the following:
You checked the jam code that appeared on the machine, you didn't mention it.
If it does not appear you have to enter the technical service mode
(System Setting, Software SW Setting, DIPSW 11 Bit 7 put it on bone 1)
Then in my opinion you should check the (FIXING DRIVE SHAFT / A, FIXING DRIVING SHAFT / D, Fixing Drive Gear / M 22T) all this goes in the FUSING UNIT section.
What I normally did was sand the FIXING DRIVE SHAFT / A and FIXING DRIVING SHAFT / D as this wears out and causes the Fixing Drive Gear / M 22T to slip and jam.
In the same way you must clean the Fixing Drive Gear / M 22T.
Well, if it does not work, remember that this equipment works with 3 speeds (as you mentioned, you must select a thicker type of paper so that it can pass).
What I would recommend is to go to I / O Check Mode and check the rotation of the logical FUSING UNIT check it at 3 speeds 1/1, 1/2, 2/3.
At all speeds it should turn normally and not stop until you select to stop otherwise the error would be in the FUSING UNIT motor (DC BRUSHLESS MOTOR / 30).
You can do the same test with the Registration motor and loop motor.
Any questions my email is walvaradocruz@gmail.com

OverKnight
06-08-2020, 08:38 PM
Excellent. Samples, and maybe some jam codes? We ARE talking about jamming, yes? =^..^=

Yes, sorry about that... I'm always in service mode. :D

The last recorded code created 31-02 and I went to the bottom of the list to see how often that code repeats, and has been going on as far back as 2013!

The prior codes produced were surrounding the temperature sensors in the fuser C-3501, 3908. These problems of the past went completely away after I replaced the fuser belt and realigned fuser heater lamp to it's correct position. From what I found wrong with it, it looks like someone was here before me and failed to return the parts (fusing duct assy/2) back to it's proper position and thus centering the fusing heater lamp properly.

The fusing drive gear /B appears good. I hand cranked the fuser and tried to determine if anything was slipping. Nothing appears to be, but then again there is no load on the drive or gears. I will have to inspect the fusing drive gear /M a bit closer, but fusing drive gear /O might be the issue.

Until I rule out anything hardware related, I will inspect these points.

WALTER - When you say shaft, do you mean where the gear actually rides? I could assume, but I'd rather confirm.

Thanks!

OverKnight
06-11-2020, 04:11 PM
With Walter's suggestions I have made some new discoveries.

I looked deeper at several of the gears in the fusing unit. I noticed that there was a lot of play on the shaft to the fusing drive gear /M and dismantled that section. I found that the bushing/bearing was totally shot. See image.

I asked Walter to help me diagnose the part that needs replacement. I don't have a part manual to clearly define it at the moment. If anyone can help before Walter, that would be great.

George

emujo2
06-11-2020, 04:40 PM
[CITA = OverKnight; 1494266] ¡Saludos, compañeros frustrados de servicio / operadores!

Tengo un pequeño problema con la ol'Konica-Minolta bizhub PRO C6501 (1.3 millones de clics totales). No importa qué grado de stock ejecuto, no puedo hacer que esta máquina funcione correctamente sin que se atasque en la sección de registro. Desmantelé la sección de registro para verificar el rodillo, el limitador de torque y el resorte. Nada parece estar mal con ellos o los engranajes.

NOTA: Experimenté varios códigos durante este proceso que lo hicieron más frustrante, la mayoría de los cuales no tiene nada que ver con alimentar papel. Sin embargo, se hizo necesario reemplazar la correa del fusor y al hacerlo, resolvió muchos códigos en el proceso. Estaba teniendo errores del fusor debido a la conectividad (C-3913) y errores de temperatura del fusor (C-3802, 3501, 3908). No sé quién lo golpeó, pero la cubierta posterior de plástico estaba rota y el conjunto del conducto de fusión. La cubierta evitó que la unidad hiciera contacto total con la conexión del fusor y el conjunto del conducto de fusión alinea la lámpara, de ahí todos los códigos de temperatura.

Después de todo ese reemplazo y la locura de limpieza del código, C-2452 golpeó. De nuevo, nada que ver con la alimentación de papel. Entonces, el desarrollador debía entregarse en las unidades Magenta y Cyan. Reemplazó al desarrollador en ambos. Ejecuté todos los diagnósticos de inicio estándar solo para tener problemas de registro de color. Limpié todos los sensores y ejecutó el registro automático y todo volvió a estar bien. Pequeño problema con la corrección de color / gamma C-2840, pero esa es otra historia.

Ahora volvamos a nuestra historia original ...

Este KM tiene más de 1 millón de impresiones. En realidad, se imprime muy bien cuando la hoja avanza solo si elevo la clase de peso como una impresión más lenta. Puede realizar con éxito un par de impresiones de 11 "x 17" con algunos defectos menores. Visualmente, una impresión puede tener un rasguño (pandeo, golpear la ruta del fusor) o la cola de la hoja será un lavado, y eso generalmente ocurre en una clase de menor peso.

Si hay alguna pregunta sobre mis descripciones, puedo proporcionar alguna imagen para aclarar.

Cualquier idea o sugerencia es muy apreciada.

Gracias! [/ CITA]

good day
Reading everything mentioned that you asked the question is the following:
You checked the jam code that appeared on the machine, you didn't mention it.
If it does not appear you have to enter the technical service mode
(System Setting, Software SW Setting, DIPSW 11 Bit 7 put it on bone 1)
Then in my opinion you should check the (FIXING DRIVE SHAFT / A, FIXING DRIVING SHAFT / D, Fixing Drive Gear / M 22T) all this goes in the FUSING UNIT section.
What I normally did was sand the FIXING DRIVE SHAFT / A and FIXING DRIVING SHAFT / D as this wears out and causes the Fixing Drive Gear / M 22T to slip and jam.
In the same way you must clean the Fixing Drive Gear / M 22T.
Well, if it does not work, remember that this equipment works with 3 speeds (as you mentioned, you must select a thicker type of paper so that it can pass).
What I would recommend is to go to I / O Check Mode and check the rotation of the logical FUSING UNIT check it at 3 speeds 1/1, 1/2, 2/3.
At all speeds it should turn normally and not stop until you select to stop otherwise the error would be in the FUSING UNIT motor (DC BRUSHLESS MOTOR / 30).
You can do the same test with the Registration motor and loop motor.
Any questions my email is walvaradocruz@gmail.com

With answers like this, and obviously you went through a lot of time to translate, I don't see why you are red carded..I bumped you up..E

raplma
06-11-2020, 05:15 PM
Check diagrams below, most likely it's part no.36 P/N A00J 6179 00

Walterj
06-11-2020, 05:21 PM
With answers like this, and obviously you went through a lot of time to translate, I don't see why you are red carded..I bumped you up..E

Just comment on how to solve these types of traffic jams, since they usually happen very often on these machines
Regards.

Custom Search