PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C253 Magenta/Black Stripes across the page

Custom Search

Fretek
06-08-2020, 05:14 PM
Hello,

I have a problem with a Bizhub C253. For the first few pages, it prints a magenta/black thick line/pattern at the bottom of a page (gradually disappears with every printed page) and a black one in the middle, after every image stabilization.
At one point, it showed P21 error but it never happened again after restarting, just the line which seems to get worse over time. Also color balance seems off since this happens.

I replaces the transfer roller since it was due anyway, and it has a thick magenta line on it where this happens.

I wanted to clean the IDC sensors as I've read that could be the problem (I'm not an expert on those, just trying to keep or machine alive since we need to save money with the COVID situation...), removed the transfer belt but I just could not figure out where exactly they are.
I could not find any image of where they are supposed to be, I have downloaded the service manual but the area it points to for them, I just don't find anything that look like a sensor. Or do I need to remove something else but the transfer belt to get there?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, apart from this issue the machine works just fine and we still have a bunch of toner and a set of imaging units, I would love to be able to save it.

Thank you!

Phil B.
06-08-2020, 05:21 PM
Hello,

I have a problem with a Bizhub C253. For the first few pages, it prints a magenta/black thick line/pattern at the bottom of a page (gradually disappears with every printed page) and a black one in the middle, after every image stabilization.
At one point, it showed P21 error but it never happened again after restarting, just the line which seems to get worse over time. Also color balance seems off since this happens.

I replaces the transfer roller since it was due anyway, and it has a thick magenta line on it where this happens.

I wanted to clean the IDC sensors as I've read that could be the problem (I'm not an expert on those, just trying to keep or machine alive since we need to save money with the COVID situation...), removed the transfer belt but I just could not figure out where exactly they are.
I could not find any image of where they are supposed to be, I have downloaded the service manual but the area it points to for them, I just don't find anything that look like a sensor. Or do I need to remove something else but the transfer belt to get there?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, apart from this issue the machine works just fine and we still have a bunch of toner and a set of imaging units, I would love to be able to save it.

Thank you!

since you are not a tech I would suggest hiring one.. this is above your pay grade.

tsbservice
06-08-2020, 05:23 PM
1. Sample please.
2. Total counter and consumable counters.

qbert69
06-08-2020, 05:26 PM
Hello,

Thank you!ID sensors should be just below the ITB (Intermediate Transfer Belt) hidden behind a moveable shutter actuated by a solenoid. You will probably need to remove the ITB to get to it. This is on the machine side...not in the door of the vertical paper path.[emoji41][emoji1303]

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

tsbservice
06-08-2020, 05:40 PM
since you are not a tech I would suggest hiring one.. this is above your pay grade.

Agree but every once in a while I like to help guys especially when not dumping useful resources.

Phil B.
06-08-2020, 05:43 PM
Agree but every once in a while I like to help guys especially when not wasting useful resources.

good man

Fretek
06-08-2020, 05:58 PM
Thanks for the help!

I've attached a sample print and the units overview (it's in german as it's where I'm from). The transfer belt is due soon, can it cause this symptom?
The total count of pages printed is 450k.

The pics really helps! Is the document they are from available to download?
I'll try cleaning again.

tsbservice
06-08-2020, 06:05 PM
Thanks for the help!

I've attached a sample print and the units overview (it's in german as it's where I'm from). The transfer belt is due soon, can it cause this symptom?

I'll try cleaning again.
Clean the PH windows, clean IDC sensors. If problem persists you may need to replace ITB.

copier tech
06-08-2020, 06:09 PM
Thanks for the help!

I'll try cleaning again.

These lines are caused by the transfer belt.

If you do not want to replace it you can strip, vacuum & clean this unit.

Fretek
06-08-2020, 06:22 PM
Clean the PH windows, clean IDC sensors.

Probably a stupid question but what/where are the PH windows?

These lines are caused by the transfer belt.

If you do not want to replace it you can strip, vacuum & clean this unit.

I'll try that!

tsbservice
06-08-2020, 06:34 PM
Probably a stupid question but what/where are the PH windows?

Cleaning Procedure; Transfer Belt Unit; Ph Window Y,M,C,K - Konica Minolta bizhub C353 Service Manual [Page 225] | ManualsLib (https://www.manualslib.com/manual/829975/Konica-Minolta-Bizhub-C353.html?page=225#manual)
As a temporary measure you can use copier tech advice and clean ITB cleaning section, old aged cleaning blade would do that.

mga
06-08-2020, 08:31 PM
It will be the transfer unit best to get a trained service engineer to fit

tsbservice
06-08-2020, 08:54 PM
It will be the transfer unit best to get a trained service engineer to fit
Agree Mark in the end he will need new transfer belt unit.

femaster
06-08-2020, 10:37 PM
Thanks for the help!

I'll try cleaning again.

Your marks are definitely from the transfer belt. The cleaning unit attached to the transfer belt is not functioning properly and leaving toner on the belt. Most likely there is something caught in the cleaning blade (soft rubber "blade" inside the cleaning unit). As others have said, you can try to clean out the unit, but from my experience the lines and marks will most likely return within the first 50 pages or so because the belt is near end of life.

If you do elect to attempt to clean out the unit, be careful, as any small ding in that belt will show up on all your pages. Also be aware that without the proper toner vacuum you are going to have a huge mess on your hands, so take the needed precautions to protect your work area. In the end, the transfer belt unit is going to need to be replaced no matter what because it's nearing end of life.

Good luck, and get a replacement belt on order!

Fretek
06-09-2020, 12:19 AM
I tried to clean the sensors, windows and the transfer belt itself (which at close examination looks pretty terrible, there are stripes visible where it leave those marks) to no avail.

So I guess all I can do now is to order a new transfer belt unit with the Nr A02ER73022, is this correct?

blackcat4866
06-09-2020, 12:33 AM
So I guess all I can do now is to order a new transfer belt unit with the Nr A02ER73022, is this correct?

Correct. You'll need to do a color calibration after it's installed. =^..^=

Fretek
06-15-2020, 03:35 PM
To conclude this, I replaced the transfer belt unit and did a graduation adjust and it's working perfectly again.

Thanks alot to everyone who helped! Highly appreciated.

qbert69
06-15-2020, 03:52 PM
Just a note for future reference...
If the cleaning blade on the ITB have the "chatter" marks for more than one color and they're blurred, you can be darn sure the problem is occurring with the ITB cleaning section!!! One way to check is open the side door during mid-process image transfer to see if the "skid marks" are visible. Additionally to completely rule out that the transfer belt unit doesn't need to be replaced, is to take out the ITB unit, run a thin piece of mylar plastic under the silicone cleaning blade to dislodge any clumped toner or paper dust and re-powder the belt with some yellow toner dust. Even before you do this procedure, you will want to inspect the belt for any lines, divots or indentations. [emoji41][emoji1303]

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Custom Search