PDA

View Full Version : C759 IU (712M) help

Custom Search

AVux07
06-09-2020, 06:25 PM
I've got a C759 that needs a new M drum (A9K70ED). I ordered it, checked the box, it's the right number and it's unopened. When I try to slide it in it goes almost all the way in but then it stops because it's hitting on a metal plate on the bottom with a tab pointing down that's hitting the frame in front. The old station has a screw hole for a tab but it doesn't have one. So I removed the tab, one screw, and the station went in OK but now I have washed out M. Tried turning the auger which seems OK but still no image. Has anyone seen this station with this tab on it, known of the other stations have this tab either.

tsbservice
06-09-2020, 06:32 PM
I've got a C759 that needs a new M drum (A9K70ED). I ordered it, checked the box, it's the right number and it's unopened. When I try to slide it in it goes almost all the way in but then it stops because it's hitting on a metal plate on the bottom with a tab pointing down that's hitting the frame in front. The old station has a screw hole for a tab but it doesn't have one. So I removed the tab, one screw, and the station went in OK but now I have washed out M. Tried turning the auger which seems OK but still no image. Has anyone seen this station with this tab on it, known of the other stations have this tab either.

I guess they(factory) packed wrong drum(K), put another one and return this one.

Synthohol
06-09-2020, 07:30 PM
No stop!!!!
Those are supposed to be there. Both (2) metal tangs must be removed prior to install.
They keep the charge roller away from the drum so it won't get a flat spot while in storage or shipping.
They are no longer customer replaceable.
Unless your key-op does not mid using a Phillips head screwdriver

femaster
06-09-2020, 07:38 PM

As Synthohol stated, both those metal brackets on the bottom need to be removed.

As for the light, washed out copies, check to make sure you removed the CLEAR plastic packing material stuffed in around the drum. I forget if it was on the top side or the bottom side of the image unit, but there is piece of plastic stuffed in there that I believe keeps the mag roller away from the drum during shipping. I completely missed this the first time I installed an image unit (also happened to be a magenta) in a C759, and I had the totally washed out color just like you are describing. For me, I had P-Codes as well if I remember correctly.

tsbservice
06-09-2020, 08:08 PM
Pardon my ignorance I was thinking of different low speed model. Just use Synthohol and femaster advices.

Custom Search