PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Konica Minolta C364e Compact PDF Issues

Custom Search

skukan
06-10-2020, 05:22 PM
Has anyone run into issues with the Compact PDF setting on the KM machines?

The issue I am having is when I go into the PDF and crop the images and then delete the cropped areas the files become completely unreadable. This is only happening when I scan as a Compact PDF. I have been trying to post an attachment but the system seems to not let me. It looks like something is happening to the layers possibly? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Scott

srvctec
06-10-2020, 05:36 PM
What firmware is the machine running? Menu>Utility>Device Information

qbert69
06-10-2020, 05:41 PM

The issue I am having is when I go into the PDF and crop the images and then delete the cropped areas the files become completely unreadable. This is only happening when I scan as a Compact PDF. I have been trying to post an attachment but the system seems to not let me. It looks like something is happening to the layers possibly? Any help is greatly appreciated.

ScottPDF is a "container format"...sounds like when you crop, you're destroying the "container" formatting...best thing to do is just scan as jpg/jpeg, crop & then compile to pdf. [emoji41][emoji1303]

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

copier tech
06-10-2020, 06:22 PM

Scott

What program are you using to crop the PDF?

Have you got access to another printer you can send the same document to?

skukan
06-10-2020, 06:43 PM
Version 7

What firmware is the machine running? Menu>Utility>Device Information

skukan
06-10-2020, 06:45 PM
PDF is a "container format"...sounds like when you crop, you're destroying the "container" formatting...best thing to do is just scan as jpg/jpeg, crop & then compile to pdf. [emoji41][emoji1303]

Yes, I believe that is the case. I will try that. Too bad so many PDFs have already been scanned. I seem to have found a workaround by sanitizing the PDF and then making the edits. That's worked in one case thus far.

skukan
06-10-2020, 06:45 PM

Have you got access to another printer you can send the same document to?

Adobe Acrobat DC Pro

qbert69
06-10-2020, 06:46 PM
Yes, I believe that is the case. I will try that. Too bad so many PDFs have already been scanned. I seem to have found a workaround by sanitizing the PDF and then making the edits. That's worked in one case thus far.Or if you have Photoshop, you can open & split out the objects to their various layers!!![emoji848]

D_L_P
06-10-2020, 06:57 PM

Scott

Does it do it with the compact PDF priority set to speed or quality?

Sounds like the compact PDF version being created by the copier is not compatible with whatever software you are using to edit the PDF. Can you try editing the PDF from another computer? Or another program, like Foxit PDF?

I'd do a firmware update to the KM machine, and update whatever software you use to edit the PDF just to be sure.

qbert69
06-10-2020, 07:02 PM
Does it do it with the compact PDF priority set to speed or quality?

Sounds like the compact PDF version being created by the copier is not compatible with whatever software you are using to edit the PDF. Can you try editing the PDF from another computer? Or another program, like Foxit PDF?

I'd do a firmware update to the KM machine, and update whatever software you use to edit the PDF just to be sure.Firmware shouldn't be needed. The machine/mfp is doing what it is supposed to be doing which is compiling that container format!!! How that container format is cracked open and modified is the concerning factor!!! As Adobe is the initiator of the PDF Format, they would be my FIRST "go to" to try any kind of PDF manipulation/ modification!!![emoji41][emoji1303]

Custom Search