PDA

View Full Version : BHC554 c0002 code

Custom Search

digicor
06-10-2020, 10:24 PM
this pertains to a LCT extra accessory that is not on the machine ive tried sc reset, and everything i can think of
all we did was move it, it was not dropped... lol.. or mistreated... can someone point me in the direction of a solution ?
thank you

femaster
06-10-2020, 10:44 PM
I've never experienced that code. Hopefully somebody didn't disconnect the LCT tray before powering off the copier. Can't really help with that code, but hopefully this will be a good start on a resolution...

Steps to Resolution

Model(s)
bizhub 224e, bizhub 284e, bizhub 364e, bizhub 454e, bizhub 554e, bizhub C224, bizhub C224e, bizhub C284, bizhub
C284e, bizhub C364, bizhub C364e, bizhub C454, bizhub C454e, bizhub C554, bizhub C554e

Description
C0002 - Paper feed communication error
When the printer control board (PRCB) is receiving data, a communication error is detected.

Group Name: Main

Turn OFF the main power switch, disconnect and then connect the power cord. Wait for 10 seconds or more after connecting the power cord, and turn ON the main power switch. Test operation of the machine, selecting different trays and paper sizes.
Ensure that the latest base firmware is installed. If it is, rewrite it. If not, update the firmware to the latest version and test machine operation.
Check the following connectors, and reseat if necessary.

CN18 on the Printer Control Board (PRCB)
CN20 on the PRCB
CN23 on the PRCB -> Relay connector CN113 -> VR1 (Bypass CD paper size VR)
CN25 on the PRCB
CN27 on the PRCB -> Relay connector CN16 ->Bypass FD paper size sensors (PS28, PS29)

This code has many occurences when the PC110 or PC210 are installed. Connections and voltages should be confirmed.

If a PC 210 or PC 110 is installed, reseat the connectors to the PCCB from the main body. These are CN1 and CN2. Check for voltage : 24VDC on pin 2 of CN2, and 5VDC on pin 13 on CN2 as well as 3.3VDC on pin 11 of CN1. If these voltages are not present check wiring or connections to the main body. If all connections are good and voltages are present, the PCCB should be replaced.

copyman
06-10-2020, 11:44 PM
What have you done so far? Have you tried a trouble reset?(holding down the yellow reset while turning on)

If trouble reset don't work, even with the code showing you should be able to enter service mode, either sys 1 or 2, Initialization and initialize machine.

Bix
06-11-2020, 08:01 AM
Personally it happened to me on a C364. I detached the tray and reset unsuccessfully several times. I turned off the printer and unplugged the cable from the LCT tray. I have waiting 20 seconds. By reconnecting the cable carefully and decisively, the problem has disappeared.

copyman
06-11-2020, 01:22 PM
Personally it happened to me on a C364. I detached the tray and reset unsuccessfully several times. I turned off the printer and unplugged the cable from the LCT tray. I have waiting 20 seconds. By reconnecting the cable carefully and decisively, the problem has disappeared.

If I understood original post he said machine don't have an LCT so not sure what you mean to plug in. Do you mean if he has an extra LCT to take to customers and plug into reset? This would be an option, don't even need to mount to machine, just plug in to get rid of code.

digicor
06-11-2020, 08:55 PM
okay i ran initialize machine, unplugged LCT , unplugged machine , started machine with out LCT.. no issues, re connected LCT re booted machine now it works!!
Thank you gentlemen

copyman
06-12-2020, 12:53 AM
Glad to help. Good to hear it's working again.

digicor
06-12-2020, 01:25 PM
I strayed away from Ricoh because the odd ball errors... I hope KM dont have to many more... LOL

Custom Search