C308
C368
C754e

also how i might get the LDD for them.

Thanks

Synthohol
06-11-2020, 03:54 PM
Au-205h. R5427000136466
As far as the drivers, there is a good chance a donation to this site will get you access to such things ;)

emujo2
06-11-2020, 04:48 PM
AK0 and AKU for the 754, AKU only for the C308/C368.

If it's the AU-205H the 754 has CCID and KBW drivers, the C308/368 were the last models that supported both CCID and KBW
E

karel
06-11-2020, 06:58 PM
Km usb reader ysoft safeq

radd
06-11-2020, 07:02 PM
Thanks guys!

So I should be able to use this on the C308, C368 and C754e

RDR-80581AKU pcProx Plus Enroll Black USB Virtual COM Reader (https://www.rfideas-shop.com/en/rdr-80581ak0-pcprox-plus-enroll-black-usb-virtual.html)

I'm a network guy, my boss has just dropped me in this so not totally sure if that is the best reader for my situation:

These machines are replacing some Ricoh's. They have existing fobs ( BPT TKX900 impro ) 125khz EM4001 ASK/manchester
but the card readers left with the Ricoh's.

I'm trying to avoid replacing a few hundred fobs( if I can )

Also are the LDD specific to each reader or is there just one for all the RFIDeas models, are they available and are there any other firmware or additional files required?

any help would be most greatly appreciated!!!

emujo2
06-11-2020, 07:11 PM
Yes, can't help you with the LDDs but...

You should download the PC prox tool for windows. The AKU has some pretty cool tools including the ability to read up to 4 card types, and to detect and configure the card you want to use. I have no idea what format is being sent to and read by the machine, but the AKU allows for some pretty advanced configuration to make a match. We have been able to use AK0 and AKU models in the same account and they read the card the same (after the configration changes). You just can't mix AU 205H/AK*.. have fun..E

radd
06-11-2020, 07:15 PM

You should download the PC prox tool for windows. The AKU has some pretty cool tools including the ability to read up to 4 card types, and to detect and configure the card you want to use. I have no idea what format is being sent to and read by the machine, but the AKU allows for some pretty advanced configuration to make a match. We have been able to use AK0 and AKU models in the same account and they read the card the same (after the configration changes). You just can't mix AU 205H/AK*.. have fun..E

Thanks for that, I'll play around with it !!

Synthohol
06-11-2020, 08:50 PM
lemme know if you need the LDDs
thank you for contributing, its greatly appreciated and others like myself will go out of their way to help.

radd
06-11-2020, 09:29 PM
lemme know if you need the LDDs
thank you for contributing, its greatly appreciated and others like myself will go out of their way to help.

Thanks, that would great if you could:)

Synthohol
06-11-2020, 10:26 PM
done.

radd
06-11-2020, 10:45 PM
done.

Can't thank you enough, respect :)

radd
06-13-2020, 11:53 AM
AK0 and AKU for the 754, AKU only for the C308/C368.

If it's the AU-205H the 754 has CCID and KBW drivers, the C308/368 were the last models that supported both CCID and KBW
E

I have the RDR-80581AKU and I have LDDs G26-01 and GW1-01

the reader uses keyboard emulation, which LDD is for which, would any one know, or can I try both without bricking it?

Also the CCID and KBW drivers are installed or do I need to find them also?

Thanks!

Synthohol
06-13-2020, 03:02 PM
the gw1-01 is so you can have a keyboard and the card reader at the same time.

also, how did you get a red card? you were respectful and contributed to the site.

radd
06-13-2020, 06:42 PM
the gw1-01 is so you can have a keyboard and the card reader at the same time.

also, how did you get a red card? you were respectful and contributed to the site.

Thanks for that!

Really Sorry, I bumped an old thread as I thought it was better than creating a new one, wont happen again:(

Synthohol
06-14-2020, 03:12 AM
well i gave you a positive rep point.
dunno if it will reverse your red one but i had to try.

radd
06-14-2020, 03:24 AM

Much appreciated:)

I also deleted my post in that thread, not sure that helps either.

I always like to learn things the hard way:rolleyes:

Synthohol
06-14-2020, 03:40 AM
but learning the hard way sticks with you better IMO.

radd
06-14-2020, 04:27 PM

I can see why you said have fun now :eek:

Currently I have loaded Ldd G26-01 using Service mode / System2 / Driver install

Then restart

Service mode / Stop > 9 / authDevice2 / card / end

turn off

connect usb reader: RDR-80581-AKU (RFIDeas)

restart

Then I get: 2 errors

Turn on the authentication device

Please Load Ldd

I'm trying it on a C368 with firmware:

ManVersion - 12
A7PU0Y0-3000-G00-W1

Not sure exactly where my issue lies:(

Synthohol
06-14-2020, 04:39 PM
the LDD you installed is if you need both a keyboard AND the card reader.
is this the case?
if not use the other one i gave you.

btw, G00-X4 is the correct latest base FW, i suggest you try it as well.
there is no W1 FW.

radd
06-14-2020, 04:52 PM
Yes, sorry G00 - W4

I have tried both just in case, but the results are the same.

I will try the upgrade to G00-X4 as I understand that is better for Papercut?

Thanks again for all your help :D

Synthohol
06-14-2020, 05:40 PM
just to ask, where are you plugging in the card reader? which USB port?

radd
06-14-2020, 05:49 PM
just to ask, where are you plugging in the card reader? which USB port?

I have tried with each one including the front by the touch panel!

tsbservice
06-14-2020, 06:29 PM
You need to connect card reader FIRST(use the rightmost usb port just to be sure) then LDD then stop 9 and under Management Function Choice - Authentication Device 2 - Card.

radd
06-14-2020, 07:29 PM
You need to connect card reader FIRST(use the rightmost usb port just to be sure) then LDD then stop 9 and under Management Function Choice - Authentication Device 2 - Card.

Thanks, tried that still getting the same thing.

Synthohol
06-14-2020, 07:46 PM
do you know for a fact the reader works?
if its used was it on another MFG? maybe try pcprox and see if it even shows up in the window.

tsbservice
06-14-2020, 07:50 PM
Radd, can you post screenshots?

radd
06-14-2020, 07:53 PM
do you know for a fact the reader works?
if its used was it on another MFG? maybe try pcprox and see if it even shows up in the window.

Brand new reader, works fine in pcprox and reads my tags no problem.

radd
06-14-2020, 07:58 PM
Radd, can you post screenshots?

Can't at the moment, just left the office, have customer install tomorrow morning, but I'll try later in the day

Thank you and Synthohol for all your help;)

tsbservice
06-14-2020, 08:03 PM
Can't at the moment, just left the office, have customer install tomorrow morning, but I'll try later in the day

Thank you and Synthohol for all your help;)

Yeah, just Synth is the man. Always be and always will.

radd
06-14-2020, 08:20 PM
Yeah, just Synth is the man. Always be and always will.

Well, your both top of my list:)

Synthohol
06-14-2020, 09:32 PM
glad to see your red card has been reversed :)

radd
06-14-2020, 09:40 PM
glad to see your red card has been reversed :)

Me too! Thanks for that:D

Quick question, could my problem be that this particular model

RFIDeas RDR-80581AKU

is just not compatible with Konica,

I have read mixed reviews, because as you said earlier there doesn't seem to be communication between it and the C368.

Synthohol
06-14-2020, 10:10 PM
are you able to backup the address book to USB and reset the machine? (initialization, system data clear)
reinstall the movie data and the drivers, reenable the HDD as the reset uninstalls it.
then see if you can try again.

radd
06-14-2020, 10:33 PM
are you able to backup the address book to USB and reset the machine? (initialization, system data clear)
reinstall the movie data and the drivers, reenable the HDD as the reset uninstalls it.
then see if you can try again.

Tomorrow afternoon

Should be able to, this machine is in the office, so address book is empty ( do I still need to back it up )
which drivers?

do you have the service manual for it, that would be a great help.

Still early days for me with these machines, but you're warp speeding my learning curve :D

Edit: I also upgraded it to the -X4 firmware earlier but no help ( did manage to get a C155 error, happens I guess if you connect the wrong finisher to it :(

emujo2
06-15-2020, 02:56 PM
The AKU for the c368 (no models after the C368 family are supported for both) has both CCID and KBW drivers. If you are using the CCID LDD you will also need to program the Product and Vendor IDs once user authentication has been enabled. If you are using the latest KBW driver your MFP must be at function version 4, and you need to build the KBW driver using the LDD tool. By default the LDD has the AU205H Vendor and Product IDs installed, these must be changed to the AKU. If you are getting C-C*** errors you are using a LDD that is not supported by firmware or the incorrect model. If you are getting communication errors (Can't connect) then you probably do not have the Vendor and Product IDs programmed correctly. These values can be found when you plug in the reader to the PC prox tool. E

radd
06-15-2020, 08:11 PM
The AKU for the c368 (no models after the C368 family are supported for both) has both CCID and KBW drivers. If you are using the CCID LDD you will also need to program the Product and Vendor IDs once user authentication has been enabled. If you are using the latest KBW driver your MFP must be at function version 4, and you need to build the KBW driver using the LDD tool. By default the LDD has the AU205H Vendor and Product IDs installed, these must be changed to the AKU. If you are getting C-C*** errors you are using a LDD that is not supported by firmware or the incorrect model. If you are getting communication errors (Can't connect) then you probably do not have the Vendor and Product IDs programmed correctly. These values can be found when you plug in the reader to the PC prox tool. E

Great info:)

PcProx is really good, ( thanks! ) I was able to match my Card ID and config the reader to get the correct output for Papercut!

A few questions:

I have 2 LDDs: G26-01, GW1-01

Are they specific for RFIDeas readers?

The LDD tool is that Konica, where would I find it?
Do I just need to put the device id's into and build ( like I used to do with the Nvidia drivers to support older cards )

MFP at function level 4

Is this at Stop / 9 Management function ( my currently says Version 2 )

Where do I change the default Vendor and product ID from AU205H to AKU?

Yes I get C-C180 error ( how do I know if it's model or FW related )

Thanks for any help you give:)

Synthohol
06-15-2020, 08:13 PM
Soft switch 25 change it to B0 for latest function level.
Also the ldd drivers are for the au-205h which is the only model for the 8 series listed by KM.

tsbservice
06-15-2020, 08:25 PM
C-C180 Device Driver is missing or the incorrect driver is installed.

tsbservice
06-15-2020, 08:38 PM
Km usb reader ysoft safeq
For Ysoft card reader you will need this loadable driver:
A7AH0Y0-A521-G00-01_Y-Soft

radd
06-15-2020, 08:42 PM
Soft switch 25 change it to B0 for latest function level.
Also the ldd drivers are for the au-205h which is the only model for the 8 series listed by KM.

Thanks!

That's why I keep getting the C-C180 when I try to use them with the RFIDeas reader then?

radd
06-15-2020, 08:44 PM
C-C180 Device Driver is missing or the incorrect driver is installed.

Thanks!

Yes I see, because the LDD isn't correct for my RFIDeas reader correct?

radd
06-15-2020, 08:46 PM
For Ysoft card reader you will need this loadable driver:
A7AH0Y0-A521-G00-01_Y-Soft

Unfortunately I don't have a Y-Soft reader, am I waisting time trying to get the RFIDeas reader working with the 8 series?

radd
06-15-2020, 08:53 PM
@tsbservice

Thank you Sir ;)

you PM quota is over the limit:eek:

emujo2
06-15-2020, 09:06 PM
A7AH0Y0A831G0000 would be the correct driver to use with a C368 at function version 4.2 and the AKU is in CCID mode, Vendor and Product IDs need to be configured after Authentication is enabled.

C258_C308_C368 _G00-F4.2_AKU.Zip would be the correct driver to use for a C368 at function version 42, and the AKU is to be in KBW mode. LDD would still need to be modified with the LDD Tool to create a LDD with the AKU product and Vendor IDs

With paper cut you probably want the KBW driver. Sorry that I cannot just give you the files and/or the config tool. All this stuff is the property of KMBS. If you are a dealer or direct, PM me with your KM email address and I'll reach out to you..The tool and the drivers are all available on the private KMBS site. E

radd
06-15-2020, 09:22 PM
A7AH0Y0A831G0000 would be the correct driver to use with a C368 at function version 4.2 and the AKU is in CCID mode, Vendor and Product IDs need to be configured after Authentication is enabled.

C258_C308_C368 _G00-F4.2_AKU.Zip would be the correct driver to use for a C368 at function version 42, and the AKU is to be in KBW mode. LDD would still need to be modified with the LDD Tool to create a LDD with the AKU product and Vendor IDs

With paper cut you probably want the KBW driver. Sorry that I cannot just give you the files and/or the config tool. All this stuff is the property of KMBS. If you are a dealer or direct, PM me with your KM email address and I'll reach out to you..The tool and the drivers are all available on the private KMBS site. E

Thank you, that clarifies a lot.

I completely understand.

Unfortunately we are justing getting started as a reseller and are still working towards KM status.

Synthohol
06-15-2020, 10:17 PM
Thanks!

That's why I keep getting the C-C180 when I try to use them with the RFIDeas reader then?
the drivers i pointed you to are for Rf Ideas readers not ysoft.
they should have worked.

radd
06-15-2020, 10:33 PM
the drivers i pointed you to are for Rf Ideas readers not ysoft.
they should have worked.

Could it be because I didn't have the correct Product and Vendor ID's on the MFP ?

Thanks again :)

radd
06-15-2020, 10:38 PM

+1

Just returning the favor, and appreciation;)

radd
06-16-2020, 08:31 PM
Just wanted to post an update:

LDD G00-B0 was the ticket, just needed to update the Vendor / Product ID's and build

Everything working as it should, I can connect to the reader and am able to authenticate on my test machine.

Only thing left is to connect the readers up to the customer machines and authenticate through AD/Papercut.

Find out tomorrow;)

Can't thank you guys enough for your all your help, glad I found this place.

Problem now is I don't know how you're gonna rid of me, but I'll try not to bother you too much. Promise ;)

Off to start another thread now:o

\\radd

tsbservice
06-16-2020, 08:43 PM
radd, good to know you're ahead. We have invested some time trying to help you, hope you will do that for someone else. That's the way it's for me. But i guess you exceeded expectations mate, well done.

Just don't bother guys too much and you will learn a lot.

Custom Search