PDA

View Full Version : Skill for DF-628

Custom Search

Bix
06-12-2020, 02:05 PM
In my career as a printer technician, the DF-628 is quite sensitive to jams.
As always, I disassemble the internal cover and clean the sensors and this system the problems.
Being already on the site, I also intervene on the cleaning of the rollers but here I have some difficulties. For rubber rollers, no problem because it is sufficient to start a Load Check to make them turn and help you in cleaning. The white rollers are my problem. They are inaccessible.

So I ask my question: what is your skill to clean those rollers without dismantling the whole DF-628?:cool:

qbert69
06-12-2020, 02:24 PM
In my career as a printer technician, the DF-628 is quite sensitive to jams.
As always, I disassemble the internal cover and clean the sensors and this system the problems.
Being already on the site, I also intervene on the cleaning of the rollers but here I have some difficulties. For rubber rollers, no problem because it is sufficient to start a Load Check to make them turn and help you in cleaning. The white rollers are my problem. They are inaccessible.

So I ask my question: what is your skill to clean those rollers without dismantling the whole DF-628?:cool:You should have access to the white rollers if you remove the large guide plate that the double feed prevent roller resides in (retard roller). Should be about 10-12 plastic screws!!! This guide plate is directly below the top opening lid!!![emoji41][emoji1303]

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Bix
06-12-2020, 03:08 PM
No, that cover (very simple operation but often to be done in case of jams) allows you to access the lower sensors and black rollers. But the white reels are even further down. I can only glimpse those white rollers by raising the DF from below. Other hard white rollers are those exiting the df.

tsbservice
06-12-2020, 03:11 PM
You should have access to the white rollers if you remove the large guide plate that the double feed prevent roller resides in (retard roller). Should be about 10-12 plastic screws!!! This guide plate is directly below the top opening lid!!![emoji41][emoji1303]

Sure this guide has 11 screws but below it are rubber rollers :)
I haven't much troubles cleaning white plastic rollers, just use a lot of alcohol and some force.

Bix
06-12-2020, 03:33 PM
Sure this guide has 11 screws but below it are rubber rollers :)
I haven't much troubles cleaning white plastic rollers, just use a lot of alcohol and some force.

The real question is how do you reach them😂😂

qbert69
06-12-2020, 03:46 PM
The real question is how do you reach them[emoji23][emoji23]WD-40 works best for cleaning rubber rollers!!! Alcohol tends to dry out rubber. The only roller item I clean with alcohol is the long life synthetic rollers. N/A Trading Belt cleaner works really well for rubber rollers but stinks to high heaven & seriously strips the oils out of your skin!!![emoji15] your fingers will turn chalky white and your skin will crack if used extensively!!! WD-40 is not harsh like that!!![emoji41][emoji1303]

tsbservice
06-12-2020, 04:23 PM
Bix are you talking about those white plastic rollers(they are light green all on the picture) below item 5?
As for rubber rollers I use special spay not alcohol, see below it's good stuff and smells good also :cool:
Platenclene- Printer roller cleaner/restorer | AF International (https://www.af-net.com/products/workspace-cleaning/pcl100-platenclene/)

EarthKmTech
06-13-2020, 08:43 AM
2 biggest issues with the 628 / 624 is the pre-read photo sensor black pad getting white with paper dust and causing 66-05 jams (also affects df-701) and the other issue is the duplex mylar - any gap what so ever at its fingers and crinkled / dog eared sheets will catch on duplex with regularity.

I remove the section its stuck on and fold the mylar down to eliminate the gap using a flat surface as a straight edge. When its damaged beyond repair I replace it. I carry them in the car.

Other than that (and regular maintenance) I never have issues with them.

Custom Search