PDA

View Full Version : Error Code Bizhub C554e message Fuser Extremely Hot with error 3102

Custom Search

Zesti
06-15-2020, 09:31 AM
Hi there,
This C554e was staying quarantines since covid outbreak since this March. Customer turned on the machine it gave few prints initially quite fine and then a paper jammed from tray 3 and it gave away message Fuser Extremely Hot on top of jam screen.
When try to continue it gave out error C3102 once only.
This happened twice.
Any advise on that.

Bix
06-15-2020, 09:35 AM
Hi, I would try a trouble reset and check the temperature status of the sensors

Edit:
But don't be fooled. I believe it is a normal jam. The printer warns the customer to be careful that they could burn themselves by touching the fuser. The paper will be very moist having been so long since the last print.

Zesti
06-15-2020, 10:09 AM
Hi, I would try a trouble reset and check the temperature status of the sensors

Edit:
But don't be fooled. I believe it is a normal jam. The printer warns the customer to be careful that they could burn themselves by touching the fuser. The paper will be very moist having been so long since the last print.
Thanks Bix, seems quite logical, never noticed this before.;)..
My tech did a service of the fuser hopefully will work fine...
Thanks

copier tech
06-15-2020, 10:22 AM
Hi there,
This C554e was staying quarantines since covid outbreak since this March. Customer turned on the machine it gave few prints initially quite fine and then a paper jammed from tray 3 and it gave away message Fuser Extremely Hot on top of jam screen.
When try to continue it gave out error C3102 once only.
This happened twice.
Any advise on that.

The user will see this message after a jam & determine that this is a fault, not as a simple caution message.

You can turn this message off in CE mode.

Zesti
06-15-2020, 11:07 AM
I did find a setting in SYSTEM 2 calling BURN Protection, what does it do?

copier tech
06-15-2020, 11:24 AM
I did find a setting in SYSTEM 2 calling BURN Protection, what does it do?

Thats it.

All it does is display a message after a jam on the top of the screen “caution fuser unit very hot”

This was implemented after a fw update.

I’ve been turning this message off this was causing too many false call outs.

tsbservice
06-15-2020, 06:46 PM
Don't believe customers ever. It's Fuser error probably from machine sitting too long unpluged.

blackcat4866
06-15-2020, 11:53 PM
I'm going to disagree, tsb. The "Caution. Fuser is Hot" message is frequently misinterpreted as some kind of overheating condition, when it's just literally a caution not to burn off your digits while removing the paper jam. You'll see this every time the right door needs opening. =^..^=

femaster
06-16-2020, 06:41 AM
I'm going to disagree, tsb. The "Caution. Fuser is Hot" message is frequently misinterpreted as some kind of overheating condition, when it's just literally a caution not to burn off your digits while removing the paper jam. You'll see this every time the right door needs opening. =^..^=

Yup, I'll third this thought. I can't tell you how many machines I've had to turn this message off on because the customer, despite being told exactly why it is there and what it means, still would call and complain that their copier was overheating. They see the message and then automatically say, it does seem hotter than normal, or it is much hotter than our previous machine, etc. Some go as far as to leave the door open for 15 minutes to cool it off, and then when they close the door, the message goes away and everything works good after that.

Too many incompetent customers that are "experts" I guess. They don't believe you when you tell them it's just a "safety warning" so you hopefully don't shove your fingers in there and burn yourself. Turn off the message and magically the service calls go away, and they are happy because I've fixed the overheating "problem" that never was.

tsbservice
06-16-2020, 07:01 AM
Don't believe customers ever. It's Fuser error probably from machine sitting too long unpluged.

I was meaning just to ignore 'Fuser hot part' in their call it's obvious for what purpose message is there. Tech should concentrate on actual error code. As simple as that.

Custom Search