PDA

View Full Version : Dipswitch prints only black and white 4e

Custom Search

Bix
06-17-2020, 02:24 PM
Hello guys,
in the past something in this forum had managed to make your printer print in black and white. By chance there is a dipswitch that allows you to do this?

I don't want to enable authentication or accounts to do this limitation. Is there any trick?

Thanks!

Albonline
06-17-2020, 03:54 PM
Hello guys,
in the past something in this forum had managed to make your printer print in black and white. By chance there is a dipswitch that allows you to do this?

I don't want to enable authentication or accounts to do this limitation. Is there any trick?

Thanks!

monochrome driver

Bix
06-17-2020, 03:57 PM
Yes, I've already thought about this. I also wanted the copy function to work exclusively in black and white. I can do it in the authentication setting but I wanted to know if anyone was aware of a dipswitch.

Albonline
06-17-2020, 04:03 PM
Yes, I've already thought about this. I also wanted the copy function to work exclusively in black and white. I can do it in the authentication setting but I wanted to know if anyone was aware of a dipswitch.

no dw that i know of ,only set default copies to blk through user settings.

srvctec
06-17-2020, 04:34 PM
Bix,

I think what you need is Version 1.0.00002_Panel (Panel Customize Tool). It's software made for us techs to set a machine to have the panel display only what the customer wants. I just found out about it from a co-irker and haven't tried it yet but am getting ready to use it to experiment. It's found under the One Stop section of a specific machine and under the Utilities tab. It even works on all the i-series machines.

tsbservice
06-17-2020, 04:41 PM
Bix,

I think what you need is Version 1.0.00002_Panel (Panel Customize Tool). It's software made for us techs to set a machine to have the panel display only what the customer wants. I just found out about it from a co-irker and haven't tried it yet but am getting ready to use it to experiment. It's found under the One Stop section of a specific machine and under the Utilities tab. It even works on all the i-series machines.

Excellent idea it will work. I tried it before and it's easy peasy. You just check boxes for each function what do you want and what don't.

srvctec
06-17-2020, 05:07 PM
Excellent idea it will work. I tried it before and it's easy peasy. You just check boxes for each function what do you want and what don't.Yep, super easy. I just tried it and that's one of the coolest things I've learned about copier-wise lately! This opens a whole new way of doing things if customers don't want to use authentication. Of course the main caveats are it's global and control panel only.

I just did this on one of our C454e's in the office.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200617/bc1a4175398e18099a7f241ef428842b.jpg

DigiMan
06-17-2020, 05:24 PM
How did i miss this damn,so many authentication setups for nothing,is this something new or was i completely oblivious to it(im guessing i was)?

emujo2
06-17-2020, 05:42 PM
I would ask what do you do when the customer says I need color for the moment?

tsbservice
06-17-2020, 05:47 PM
How did i miss this damn,so many authentication setups for nothing,is this something new or was i completely oblivious to it(im guessing i was)?

It's not brand new as I work with KonMin now for third year and saw it at the beginning.

srvctec
06-17-2020, 05:48 PM
I would ask what do you do when the customer says I need color for the moment?

Yeah, like I said, that's one of the caveats of it being a global setting. If the customer does want the option to sometimes make color copies, then the only way is using authentication.

Edit to add:

Well crap!! I just noticed that Bix was talking about printing in the OP which this Control Panel Customize program has nothing to do with. Dammit, I hate when I miss a little detail like that!

tsbservice
06-17-2020, 05:54 PM

Edit to add:

Well crap!! i just noticed that Bix was talking about printing in the OP which this Control Panel Customize program has nothing to do with. Dammit, I hate when I miss a little detail like that!

Read again:cool:

srvctec
06-17-2020, 05:56 PM
Read again:cool:

Ha ha! I thought I read copy somewhere. CRS is real!! Well, at least I feel a little better now.

Phil B.
06-17-2020, 06:08 PM
Ha ha! I thought I read copy somewhere. CRS is real!! Well, at least I feel a little better now.

happens to the best of us brother!

don't let it get to you.

tsbservice
06-17-2020, 06:09 PM
... Well, at least I feel a little better now.

You should as I think you're good forum member trying to help fellow tech!

emujo2
06-17-2020, 06:57 PM
This would be good for many other features, but to prohibit color is not one I would use. mainly because this is both Admin and Service mode settings to enable the feature, and once enabled there is no way to allow without a service call. E

tsbservice
06-17-2020, 07:12 PM
This would be good for many other features, but to prohibit color is not one I would use. mainly because this is both Admin and Service mode settings to enable the feature, and once enabled there is no way to allow without a service call. E

Could you imagine...it isn't always about You and what You will or won't do ;)
To install print driver and panel customization tool(if i remember correctly) there's no need to access CE mode nor Admin mode...

emujo2
06-17-2020, 07:18 PM
You have to add the customization file in service mode, then enable it under ADMIN mode..This isn't the part I have an issue with..It's a nice feature, but for a customer that bought a color machine, and to simply remove the color options leaves them no way to utilize color at all without a service call to remove the custome file. Authenticaiton or account track is a better option to control color IMHO..I guess if the customer says " corporate sent us this color machine and we don't ever want to make a color copy" then sure. E

tsbservice
06-17-2020, 07:42 PM
Okay for registration you must use CE mode agree.
Imagine he Bix has only color machines to lease and Her(Mister) customer tell - we will get your machine but I want no color output for my workers. There are many special cases when one should think out of the box.
Imho if you're always in the box(comfort zone) mind is sleeping(even great mind).

srvctec
06-17-2020, 07:46 PM
You have to add the customization file in service mode, then enable it under ADMIN mode..This isn't the part I have an issue with..It's a nice feature, but for a customer that bought a color machine, and to simply remove the color options leaves them no way to utilize color at all without a service call to remove the custome file. Authenticaiton or account track is a better option to control color IMHO..I guess if the customer says " corporate sent us this color machine and we don't ever want to make a color copy" then sure. E

Actually, that's not quite correct. As long as someone (hopefully not everyone and hopefully the default isn't set) in the customer's office knows the admin password, they can just log into admin and choose "Full Functions" which will allow everything to work properly. If they then want to restrict settings, just go back in through admin and choose the button that has the desired restriction. You can have 3 different files installed on the machine in service mode to restrict different things, depending on what is desired at any given point.

For example, let's say on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, the customer wants color blocked because one of the employees likes to make color copies on those days without permission (obviously this is WAY over-simplified and impractical). The Key Op can just choose the No Color button in admin mode (or whatever you named the cpd file) and that will be set. Then on Tuesdays and Thursdays, somebody else likes to staple hundreds of documents for personal use. The Key Op can just go in and choose the button No Staple and set it on those days. With up to three options to choose from and NOT having to call service to change anything, this is a super handy feature I wish I'd known about years ago.

mga
06-17-2020, 08:19 PM
I would have sold them a Mono machine cheaper to run

byronf
06-18-2020, 02:44 PM

Hi Bix,

The DIPSW you are looking for is Switch number 71 = HEX 02 as seen in images.

copier tech
06-18-2020, 03:11 PM
Hi Bix,

The DIPSW you are looking for is Switch number 71 = HEX 02 as seen in images.

Nice! this SW hides the option to choose colour? do you default the machine to b/w first?

srvctec
06-18-2020, 03:44 PM
do you default the machine to b/w first?

Yes. All this does is remove all the buttons to do with color, including Black, so it runs whatever the default is set to. Also, if the customer has a copy program set for full color, it will still run full color.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200618/5c5ab49b2623729e7dba3346bba2bba6.jpg

Bix
06-18-2020, 03:46 PM
Thanks for the solutions! Maybe I would have read wrong but in the past someone had managed to make it just black and white. The dipswitch 71 is used to hide the button that allows you to choose black and white / color. If someone has the color driver, it still continues to print in color.

These are customers who wanted a used car. Unfortunately, I didn't have black and white used printers.

Thanks everyone for the help!

copier tech
06-18-2020, 04:00 PM
Yes. All this does is remove all the buttons to do with color, including Black, so it runs whatever the default is set to. Also, if the customer has a copy program set for full color, it will still run full color.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200618/5c5ab49b2623729e7dba3346bba2bba6.jpg

Now you need to set the SW to hide that "replace k developer unit" message!

srvctec
06-18-2020, 04:02 PM
Now you need to set the SW to hide that "replace k developer unit" message!

Ha, ha! Nope, it's an in house machine here at the service department and probably won't go anywhere with nearly a million on it.

Custom Search