PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Konica C308 magenta/blue lines ADF output

Custom Search

radd
06-17-2020, 04:54 PM
Could anyone tell me what is causing these blue/magenta tracks, only happens when using the ADF.

Thanks

Phil B.
06-17-2020, 05:11 PM
Could anyone tell me what is causing these blue/magenta tracks, only happens when using the ADF.

Thanks

did you clean the scan glass?

what have you done?

what are the life counts o drums/fuser etc?

you give little info on whats been done.
we are not mind readers.

radd
06-17-2020, 06:20 PM
did you clean the scan glass?

what have you done?

what are the life counts o drums/fuser etc?

you give little info on whats been done.
we are not mind readers.

Thanks for the reply,

Sorry for the lack of info, the machine has just been refurbished, ( not by us )

I haven't physically checked the machine, just received the image from the customer today.

Was hoping one of you gents with infinite knowledge, might see it and know what it was.

Any help is greatly appreciated. :)

tsbservice
06-17-2020, 06:51 PM
As a start - redo DF setup.
As a second - try to always be maximum detailed about issues you have. Never leave undescribed even obvious things as we are good techs but even good tech has its limits, i.e. as our friend Phil said 'we are not mind readers' 😄 ...but have to with most of endusers coming here for easy solution.

radd
06-17-2020, 08:52 PM
As a start - redo DF setup.
As a second - try to always be maximum detailed about issues you have. Never leave undescribed even obvious things as we are good techs but even good tech has its limits, i.e. as our friend Phil said 'we are not mind readers' 😄 ...but have to with most of endusers coming here for easy solution.

Duly noted:)

I will do my best.

Thanks for that, I'll start there.

blackcat4866
06-18-2020, 12:02 AM
I would check these things:

Check that the DF is the same height from the front to the back when it's closed. There is a height adjustment in the hinge to correct this.

Make sure that the optics and slit glass are clean. If you're going to clean the optics for the first time here are a few hints:
1) Remove the top right cover and glass holders to remove glass
2) To move the scanner to make the mirrors accessible turn the drum with the wire rope wrapped around it at the right side of the scanner. If you grab one of the optical units and pull, the wire rope will over-wrap itself on the drum.
3) Clean (3) mirrors with soft cloth and glass cleaner. DO NOT remove the mirrors from the scanner. Their mounting and position is critical. It's ok to tip the optical units to get better access to the mirrors.
4) It doesn't matter which position that you leave the scanner. If the machine is Off, it will find home position when turned On.
5) Clean slit glass both side, and glass both sides, and reinstall glass.

Make sure that the white plate over the slit glass is clean.

If your DF is single scan (scans both sides of the original at the same time), check that the CIS inside the bottom of the DF is clean. Dual scan document feeder use the same slit glass to scan both sides, it just flips the paper twice.

An interesting feature of our forum is that if you end your title with the word "print" the post appears in printable view, without links to respond to. That's why nobody is responding to your other thread, they can't.

I did a little experimenting with this. Any punctuation after print is ignored, and goes to printable view. If "print" is part of a compound word like "greatfunkyprint" it goes to printable view. If you mispell the word print in any of the last 4 characters it views normally. So just move the word "print" somewhere else in the title, misspell it, or remove it altogether.
=^..^=

radd
06-18-2020, 01:25 AM
I would check these things:

Check that the DF is the same height from the front to the back when it's closed. There is a height adjustment in the hinge to correct this.

Make sure that the optics and slit glass are clean. If you're going to clean the optics for the first time here are a few hints:
1) Remove the top right cover and glass holders to remove glass
2) To move the scanner to make the mirrors accessible turn the drum with the wire rope wrapped around it at the right side of the scanner. If you grab one of the optical units and pull, the wire rope will over-wrap itself on the drum.
3) Clean (3) mirrors with soft cloth and glass cleaner. DO NOT remove the mirrors from the scanner. Their mounting and position is critical. It's ok to tip the optical units to get better access to the mirrors.
4) It doesn't matter which position that you leave the scanner. If the machine is Off, it will find home position when turned On.
5) Clean slit glass both side, and glass both sides, and reinstall glass.

Make sure that the white plate over the slit glass is clean.

If your DF is single scan (scans both sides of the original at the same time), check that the CIS inside the bottom of the DF is clean. Dual scan document feeder use the same slit glass to scan both sides, it just flips the paper twice.

An interesting feature of our forum is that if you end your title with the word "print" the post appears in printable view, without links to respond to. That's why nobody is responding to your other thread, they can't.

I did a little experimenting with this. Any punctuation after print is ignored, and goes to printable view. If "print" is part of a compound word like "greatfunkyprint" it goes to printable view. If you mispell the word print in any of the last 4 characters it views normally. So just move the word "print" somewhere else in the title, misspell it, or remove it altogether.
=^..^=

Thanks, I'll try that. I thought that the color marks were being picked up off a roller or something.
I stil have a lot to learn.

@tsbservice informed me about the print feature:) so best not to use the print word on a copier forum!

srvctec
06-18-2020, 02:33 PM

Woops! Not trying to nitpick here but you got the terminology switched on those. Should be, dual scan scans both sides at once and has the CIS under the ADF for the second side while a single scan turns the original over and uses the same slit glass. :cool: Just wanted to clarify for those that aren't techs so they can get the terminology correct when asking questions.

fatduke
06-24-2020, 03:15 PM
Hi!

If it could be helpful, follow these steps:

*First open ADF and clean Glass
*Clean either the left glass with isoprophelenic alchool (do not use paper!)
*Under the ADF door, clean the roller and the plastic side on its right
*Check unit consumables life (drum, developer)
*In Service mode -> START FROM Counter - Details Check - On keyboard STOP 00 - STOP 01
Then in TEST MODE do a Stabilization and A GRADIANT CHECK C-M-Y-B

After all, please attach more infos and reports pls

Cheers

Custom Search