PDA

View Full Version : DR-512 Swapping the chips

Custom Search

schmeckles22
06-17-2020, 05:24 PM
Hello,

I have been told that you can swap the black DR-512 drum's chip for CYM, I also read (which I cannot find again) that there can be issues with print quality when doing this? Is that true?

copier addict
06-17-2020, 05:34 PM
Hello,

I have been told that you can swap the black DR-512 drum's chip for CYM, I also read (which I cannot find again) that there can be issues with print quality when doing this? Is that true?

Used to do this all the time. Just order the colour chips, break the chip off the black drum without damaging the rivet. Then just slide the new colour chips in under the rivet. Most of the new chips have a slot for sliding under the rivet, but if not, gently cut the corner off the chip where the hole is.
I never had any quality issues after doing this

schmeckles22
06-17-2020, 05:55 PM
Used to do this all the time. Just order the colour chips, break the chip off the black drum without damaging the rivet. Then just slide the new colour chips in under the rivet. Most of the new chips have a slot for sliding under the rivet, but if not, gently cut the corner off the chip where the hole is.
I never had any quality issues after doing this

Great stuff! Will save me a fortune as I replace all of them.

tsbservice
06-17-2020, 06:28 PM
Basically they(Konica) sell us color chip( ~1$) on price of whole black drum unit. How cool is that...on their part. Big no-no for buying color drums here.

fatduke
06-22-2020, 09:54 AM
If could be useful, try to use a black drum unit with a colour chip on it.

More pages yield than colour ones.

Let me know.

Cheers!

Custom Search