PDA

View Full Version : Panel Customize Tool

Custom Search

srvctec
06-17-2020, 08:01 PM
Thought I'd start a new thread to have all the info in one place and not clutter up Bix's thread any more than I already have.

I just found out about this awesome program from Konica Minolta (apparently I was oblivious to it or heard about it but never gave it a second thought!). It allows us, the technician (NOT FOR END USER'S!!) to install up to 3 files in service mode which can then be chosen at will via Admin Mode to set whatever restrictions the customer desires as far as what buttons on the control panel will be visible. This has nothing to do with printing, only what buttons show on the control panel for copying and scanning.

I have a question, though. What are the parenthesized numbers on some model lists? I can only guess it's F/W versions but they don't quite match what I would expect. If it's function versions, that's not quite right, either. I tested on a C454e with the latest function and F/W with both the normal option and the parenthesized (3rd) option and saw no difference; they both worked fine.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200617/0b39a2c877218d8ba715a61325f231cb.jpg

emujo2
06-17-2020, 08:22 PM
Good idea..Might have to do with maint releases..I guess if you setup more than 1 custom file and taught the POC how to enable the color support as needed this might work..I am just not in favor of excess service calls and, BTW, if you shut down color, color IUs and dev are going to fail eventually, and it will be very hard to recoupe that loss running only at B&W click rates of less then a penny per page. E

srvctec
06-17-2020, 08:28 PM
Good idea..Might have to do with maint releases..I guess if you setup more than 1 custom file and taught the POC how to enable the color support as needed this might work..I am just not in favor of excess service calls and, BTW, if you shut down color, color IUs and dev are going to fail eventually, and it will be very hard to recoupe that loss running only at B&W click rates of less then a penny per page. E

I bet it is maintenance releases.

True, but if only stopping walk-up color copies in an office is what is desired, then I can think of no better way to achieve that goal. Maybe the office manager doesn't care what is printed in color but doesn't want the employees making personal color copies (with no need to ever make color copies for work). If plenty of color printing is going on while having color copies blocked, then there would be no issue with the color units failing prematurely.

emujo2
06-17-2020, 08:31 PM
Can't argue with your logic..E

tsbservice
06-17-2020, 09:02 PM
Yup, will work above some FW versions. This tool is not panacea but answer to very specific customers requests. Still deserved its own thread.

byronf
06-18-2020, 02:24 PM
I bet it is maintenance releases.

True, but if only stopping walk-up color copies in an office is what is desired, then I can think of no better way to achieve that goal. Maybe the office manager doesn't care what is printed in color but doesn't want the employees making personal color copies (with no need to ever make color copies for work). If plenty of color printing is going on while having color copies blocked, then there would be no issue with the color units failing prematurely.

Hi srvctec,

The DIPSW you are looking for is Switch number 71 = HEX 02 as seen in images.

srvctec
06-18-2020, 02:36 PM
Hi srvctec,

The DIPSW you are looking for is Switch number 71 = HEX 02 as seen in images.

Huh?! I'm not looking for any DIPSW!!

byronf
06-18-2020, 02:54 PM
Huh?! I'm not looking for any DIPSW!!

Eish wrong post. My humble apologies.:confused::)

Custom Search