PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta Bizhub C280

Custom Search

KM Newbie
06-19-2020, 09:34 AM
Hi All

A while ago i purchased a KM Bizhub C280 for my office at home.

I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on how to ready the consumables life screen on the computer...

On the screen it shows them all as a bar with F on the Left (which i assume is full) and E on the right (which i assume is empty) and black coloured section bars in-between.

All the below items are only one coloured bar section away from the E on the right

C,M and Y Developing Units (i assume these are the toner cartridges?)
the K Drum unit (is this the black?)
the Image Transfer Belt Unit
Ozone Filter
Transfer Roller Unit

Does this mean all the above items are going to need to be replaced soon??

And if the do would it be worth just buying a newer machine with the cost of replacing all that?

Thanks

DigiMan
06-19-2020, 10:53 AM
Hello

Although the particular model is one of my favorites and im sure many techs would agree ,just the cost of replacing the developer units(which are not the toners by the way) in my opinion is too much.Personally i would try to look for something new(er).What is the Total/Color/BW counter by the way if i may ask?

KM Newbie
06-19-2020, 11:07 AM
Hello

Although the particular model is one of my favorites and im sure many techs would agree ,just the cost of replacing the developer units(which are not the toners by the way) in my opinion is too much.Personally i would try to look for something new(er).What is the Total/Color/BW counter by the way if i may ask?

Hi DigiMan

Thank you very much for your response.

At the moment the counts are

Total - 568,714
Black - 266,726
Colour - 301,988

copier tech
06-19-2020, 11:12 AM
Hi All

A while ago i purchased a KM Bizhub C280 for my office at home.

I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on how to ready the consumables life screen on the computer...

On the screen it shows them all as a bar with F on the Left (which i assume is full) and E on the right (which i assume is empty) and black coloured section bars in-between.

All the below items are only one coloured bar section away from the E on the right

C,M and Y Developing Units (i assume these are the toner cartridges?)
the K Drum unit (is this the black?)
the Image Transfer Belt Unit
Ozone Filter
Transfer Roller Unit

Does this mean all the above items are going to need to be replaced soon??

And if the do would it be worth just buying a newer machine with the cost of replacing all that?

Thanks

Ok so I guess you bought this machine used.

When these machines were new they were configured so that once any image unit, developer unit, fuser or transfer unit reach the end of life (by the sound of it some of your units have) the machine would stop working & not allow you to print or copy.

Now 99% of the time the print quality would be perfectly fine so replacing these units would be a waste of money so most techs would simply disable these warnings, this would allow the machine to carry on printing without flashing up a message etc.

So basically if your print quality is still good you can ignore those life counters. All you’ll need is a set of toner as when these run out obviously this will stop the machine printing.

These were a good solid machine in their day getting on a bit now but should be fine for a home office!

DigiMan
06-19-2020, 11:18 AM
Thank you for your response

Its not overly used as ive seen these push numbers close to 2 million with proper care and maintenance but still replacing 3 Dev units/1 K Drum/1 ITB is just not worth it in my opinion as the particular model is getting pretty old.Im sure your local representative(assuming there is one)would help you choose a newer model(new or used) based on your and/or your business needs.If not feel free to ask anything else.

Regards

srvctec
06-22-2020, 04:11 PM
Ok so I guess you bought this machine used.

When these machines were new they were configured so that once any image unit, developer unit, fuser or transfer unit reach the end of life (by the sound of it some of your units have) the machine would stop working & not allow you to print or copy.

Now 99% of the time the print quality would be perfectly fine so replacing these units would be a waste of money so most techs would simply disable these warnings, this would allow the machine to carry on printing without flashing up a message etc.

So basically if your print quality is still good you can ignore those life counters. All you’ll need is a set of toner as when these run out obviously this will stop the machine printing.

These were a good solid machine in their day getting on a bit now but should be fine for a home office!

Well, as long as DC/Dev unit life stop isn't set to Stop in service mode.

copier tech
06-22-2020, 04:28 PM
Well, as long as DC/Dev unit life stop isn't set to Stop in service mode.

Exactly my point.

However from what the poster says he DOES have parts at end of life but no warnings so his life stop has been previously set it would seem.

copyman
06-22-2020, 04:49 PM
There are 2 settings that need to be changed and prob already have been. But you need to make sure, especially the "NO" stop setting in the "Enhanced security mode". This will save you a lot of money. Becuase the end of life message setting in regular service mode does not stop machine from locking out. Once machine locks out you will have to buy new very expensive dev units at that point. You cannot turn off.
Sorry I cannot tell end user how to enter enhanced service mode but probably someone on this forum will. Or the procedure / video is prob on the internet.

Just a side note, as long as these dev units don't crash from overlife drums, etc they should last forever. Kon/Min toner has dev mixed in with it, so always having fresh developer maintains good quality.

srvctec
06-22-2020, 04:54 PM
Just a side note, as long as these dev units don't crash from overlife drums, etc they should last forever. Kon/Min toner has dev mixed in with it, so always having fresh developer maintains good quality.

I could be totally wrong in my thinking but I didn't think the developer was added to the toner on KM machines prior to the 4 series.

tsbservice
06-22-2020, 06:23 PM
Actually on this model only K toner is packed together with small quantities of developer thus K developer unit adopted auto refining system while colors not(CMY). This system of developer refreshing itself through toner is one of the best things in late copiers modifications I think.

Custom Search