PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 808, misfeeds only dark originals

Custom Search

blackcat4866
06-21-2020, 07:55 PM
What?? Ordinarily I would have immediately scoffed at the description, but this particular enduser has proven to be really observant.

So I took my Management Report and inserted a few of my ANSI A gradation pages randomly in the stack. By itself the Management Report scans flawlessly. Wouldn't you know it, the stack jammed 66-33 on the gradation page, not just once, but every time.

One by one I started cleaning the sensors, just to see which one was the cause. When I got to the registration sensor PS5 the stack passed three times in a row without a jam. Then I got to thinking .. these are reflective sensors ... and a dark colored original reflects less light back to the receiver. This machine is used primarily as a high speed scanner of laser printed originals, so there is an unusual amount of scuffed off toner on everything, including the sensors. It makes perfect sense.

So this only goes to prove that you should give due consideration ... every if the description sounds ridiculous. =^..^=

tsbservice
06-21-2020, 08:22 PM
I have no words to thank you BC. I know for sure some of us can do the job but that level of wisdom you shared and a few others also(I like to mention EarthKmTech). Just making some guys go beyond their limits 👍

JR2ALTA
06-21-2020, 11:13 PM
I have seen pre-printed paper (church bulletin) with lots of heavy fill jam in a bridge unit once. I chocked it up to the rollers not gripping. But your theory may have been true culprit.

Hansoon
06-22-2020, 05:52 AM
Had once similar happen to me with a BH-423. Since I'm a cheapo I use for testing purposes paper already being printed on. Mostly copies/prints from testpatterns. Took me half an hour to find out that the large fat black patterns on the paper was fooling with the reflective sensors in the vertical paper path..........:rolleyes:

Hans

Custom Search