PDA

View Full Version : Konica minolta c458 colors trouble

Custom Search

fatduke
06-22-2020, 07:50 AM
Good morning everyone,

I have a big issue with a C458. There is a big problem about colors CMY.

I changed all the drums chip 'cause them where in a very good state, refurbished CMY Developer, Black changed with a new one, with a good quality powder and reset chip (you know that Km doesn't release them as OEM but specialized companies does), changed transfer belt, transfer roller, clean all the machine from dust and colour powder, checked all the voltage in Service Mode 'bout transfering colours, calibration of image and stabilization, then did a lot of times colour gradations check printed but machine gave all the time poor colours quality only on CMY. I printed the demo page, the one with bird on it, and so, nothing means nothing.

Everyone of you had a trouble like that?

I hope is not a faulty MB 'cause I changed everything!

Thank you in advance!

Bix
06-22-2020, 07:54 AM
Changing chips on drums doesn't solve the problems. Aesthetically they might seem perfect but it is not so! In series 8 I have few drums capable of making a second life cycle.

So switch to new OEM drums if you don't want to tribulate quality problems. Otherwise you will spend more time trying to solve a problem that will make you lose a lot of money.

fatduke
06-22-2020, 08:07 AM
Changing chips on drums doesn't solve the problems. Aesthetically they might seem perfect but it is not so! In series 8 I have few drums capable of making a second life cycle.

So switch to new OEM drums if you don't want to tribulate quality problems. Otherwise you will spend more time trying to solve a problem that will make you lose a lot of money.

First thank you for the reply and advice.

About changing drum chips, I made it a lot of time and only for a second cycle and then replaced with OEM, so maybe now you suggest to replace the DRUMS? CMY ones? Do you think that refurbishing a developer in a professional way could help?

So I will try to change the CMY drums with OEM ones like always, then I will update the problem.

I saw that a colleague had a similar trouble but tried to change MC, this is the last and critical solution for this fix if drums will be the same old poor colours result.

Thank you for now!

:-)

tsbservice
06-22-2020, 08:18 AM
Print sample please.

fatduke
06-22-2020, 08:31 AM
Hi again

Attached scanned colour sample (included demo page)4597645977459784597945980

allan
06-22-2020, 09:00 AM
There is a gap between the drum and mag roller on the one side. Happens when you chop and change units from other models.
Need to change a part out from the original units to the ones you have installed.

Had this before but cant remember what needs to be changed out.

Think it happen when you use K units there is a part on the front side of the drum that is not the same.
Use the parts from the old units.

You can install new developer and chip on the dev tanks.

fatduke
06-22-2020, 09:05 AM
There is a gap between the drum and mag roller on the one side. Happens when you chop and change units from other models.
Need to change a part out from the original units to the ones you have installed.

Think it happen when you use K units there is a part on the front side of the drum that is not the same.

If could be useful, I replaced the drum unit CMY with a black with colour chip each, because black drum unit had more pages yield instead of colours. Maybe this trick is not useful on C458 series? TY

Gift
06-22-2020, 11:55 AM

Agree it totally looks like there are BK drums in the color slots with "incomplete" modding.

fatduke
06-22-2020, 03:08 PM

Gap? Do you mean the plastic piece one that is on the bottom right side that is used to fit the drum inside the machine?

Is another machine drum but as you know i removed for perfect fit the drum inside the KM.

TY

fatduke
06-22-2020, 03:20 PM
Attached Drum Images

Gift
06-22-2020, 04:00 PM
Attached Drum Images

Swap the entire end-housing part on the front-end of the unit where the blue handle is located on. Take care to loosen only the necessary screws since some are somewhat factory adjusted.

fatduke
06-22-2020, 05:15 PM
Swap the entire end-housing part on the front-end of the unit where the blue handle is located on. Take care to loosen only the necessary screws since some are somewhat factory adjusted.

Ok I will replace it with old ones. I think will be really helpful.

I will update post later.

TY!

fatduke
06-23-2020, 08:53 AM
UPDATE:

I replaced the new drums with old ones for a try but results are the same.

jayschrodter
06-23-2020, 02:47 PM
I’m no expert but we had a C284e that had a Very similar looking issue. It was the HV board in our case.

can you take a photo of level history and table number reading? Maybe this helps

tsbservice
06-23-2020, 05:21 PM
Now they changed from factory front housing of new K drums so it can't fit housing from old color drums.

fatduke
06-24-2020, 08:01 AM
UPDATE

Did before a mod from other drums and removed the plastic guide on the bottom center of drum in order to enter the drum place of C458, but like colleague said, the incorrect modding is the cause of poor drum colors.

I replaced the entirely drum with C458 new right one and now it works.

On the final 8 series of this machines is difficult to use old series drums if you don't really make a perfect modding of drums.

Maybe the KM engineeries know this drum trick and try to resolve it! LOL

Thank you, problem fixed (for now)

:-)

Cheers!

Gift
06-24-2020, 11:40 AM
Did before a mod from other drums and removed the plastic guide on the bottom center of drum in order to enter the drum place of C458, but like colleague said, the incorrect modding is the cause of poor drum colors.

Yeah we also had to learn it's not a good idea to screw around with that middle part - unfortunaly it might seem ok some tme after installing these falso modded drums until they opt out early ;)

Custom Search