PDA

View Full Version : CQ Difference between konica minolta 6500 and c6000 which is better

Custom Search

Sahil102
06-22-2020, 12:21 PM
Hi

I need a color production printer of konica minolta , i want to know which one is better c6500 or c6000.

tulintron
06-22-2020, 01:59 PM
Hi

I need a color production printer of konica minolta , i want to know which one is better c6500 or c6000.
Among the 02 models, C6000.

But there are better ones.

Albonline
06-22-2020, 04:48 PM
both old, 6500 past end of life I believe.

tsbservice
06-22-2020, 05:51 PM
both old, 6500 past end of life I believe.

Still in some countries they may be 'state of the art' machines ;)

raplma
06-23-2020, 10:16 AM
From a user perspective...where we still have a c5501 (4M clicks) and c7000 (11M clicks) on the shop floor.
We've kept the c5501 because it has been bullet proof, easy to service and is less dependent upon software fixes, we've kept the c7000 because it's got 5meters of finishing options bolted on to it.

It will depend on what you are expecting of the machine in terms of production quality vs reliability vs ease of maintenance (DIY or contract) vs availability of spares (where you are) vs print cost vs finishing options (if important)

The c6500, c6501, c6000 are essentially progressive generations of the same concept, they are very similar mechanically, share a significant proportion of parts and work essentially in the same way.
From a non-technical perspective the change through the generations is the classic developmental tweaks and bug fixes of the same basic print engine.
Print quality in terms of perceived definition improves up the generations - as you'd expect
From experience the most reliable machine we've had of the three generations is the middle one c5501
It's almost as though the c6500 being the 1st generation, got the machine out there, c6501 generation 2 got most of the bugs fixed, but the c6000 generation 3 over stretched the engine and became less reliable hence the next generation, c1060 saw significant architectural, mechanical and software advances.
In terms of ease of spares and maintenance, again the middle generation from our perspective has been the better, our c7000 is far more sensitive in terms of sticking to PM cycles, keeping the machine clean, effects of humidity and dust. The room the c7000 in needs to be climate controlled during a UK summer for best results and reliability whereas the c5501 from our experience simply gets on with the job wherever it's been stuffed in the factory.
Parts availability from KM - correct me if I am wrong - gen 1 and gen 2 are obsolete, but gen 3 will be supported up to 2021. But the availability of parts may be different where you are.
Cost in terms of consumables you'd need to see what it is where you are, but at the moment for us the cheaper machine to run is the middle generation, the OEM toner for gen 1 machines is becoming rarer so more expensive, with many gen 2 machines having been replaced there is a glut of toner for now, so it is cheaper, and with more gen 3 machines still in active production demand for this toner is still high which keeps the retail cost up.
In terms of finishing units, the 3rd generation has better options many of which are still supported. Most of the finishing units currently on our c7000 have the potential to be bolted on to a later generation print engine when it gives up, whereas if we had a c6500 and the equivalent finishing options they would need to be replaced when the print engine goes.

Picking up on the theme of the last two comments, in the UK most of our ex-contract and out of contract machines get exported to countries like India, and in my view these older machines are well suited to a market that is very adept at keeping machines running for longer rather than ditching them because they 'look old' or a screw has fallen out.

These are just a few musings from me, take them with a pinch of salt as they are from a user experience rather than technician and which is limited to the handful of KM presses and MFP's we've had over the past 12 years.

Mark

Custom Search