PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Stress level

Custom Search

emujo2
06-22-2020, 02:37 PM
I made the decision to drop out of all politcal threads, and unfriended many of those that I disagree with on a fundamental level. I'm certain they will not miss me either, but life has gotten remarkably more peaceful since. If you feel that no matter how loud you shout you will not be heard, I highly recommend it. E

Edit... I meant to put this in the "anything goes" thread.

tech28
06-22-2020, 02:48 PM
I made the decision to drop out of all politcal threads, and unfriended many of those that I disagree with on a fundamental level. I'm certain they will not miss me either, but life has gotten remarkably more peaceful since. If you feel that no matter how loud you shout you will not be heard, I highly recommend it. E

Hear you there!! I say live and let live. Respect others, treat others as you would like to be treated, live with the creator and you will never go wrong. Earn your respect, because it is not not a given. A happy life you will lead. :) God Bless America!! :)

Phil B.
04-20-2021, 05:21 PM

I fully support this move on your part.

politics have been in my blood since before I was able to vote, I'm 64 now.

allan
04-20-2021, 07:24 PM
Also stopped participating in those threads. Its pointless to try and change a set mind about there fatalistic outlook.
Been polarizing people that used to get along just fine before.

Vincent128
04-20-2021, 09:00 PM
I wish there were a feature on this forum to perma-hide posts so the entire threads stop showing up in the what's new or my home feed.
..if there IS one, I don't see it.

rrrohan
04-21-2021, 04:29 AM
the COVID thread is hilarious.

dont understand why people butt heads so much on forums. just accept your opinions differ

Phil B.
04-21-2021, 04:31 AM
I wish there were a feature on this forum to perma-hide posts so the entire threads stop showing up in the what's new or my home feed.
..if there IS one, I don't see it.Talk to Slimslob on that.. I know the basics but...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

rrrohan
04-21-2021, 04:31 AM
..if there IS one, I don't see it.

im assuming the Unsubscribe option is what your after

"Thread Tools -> Unsubscribe from this Thread"

Phil B.
04-21-2021, 04:33 AM

dont understand why people butt heads so much on forums. just accept your opinions differIt's called difference of opines. Problem is some don't admit and EVEN consider the other point of view.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

rrrohan
04-21-2021, 11:22 AM
but saying they wont listen to your point of view is also you not listening to their point of view.

and if you argue to the death as a result its super pointless

Gift
04-21-2021, 12:01 PM

dont understand why people butt heads so much on forums. just accept your opinions differ

Probably too much spare time and not enough balls to go out and participate in something real. I stopped social networking and online politics discussions years ago and that did really helped me calming down in general. As if anybody would convince anybody in this online-enviroment on a level that matters. Besides this here is a forum about printers so if I had something to say, I'd sort out, shut down and delete all unneccessary and polarizing offtopic stuff and politely ask the participants to find themself another online-dumpster-bubble in case they feel the need to continue.

rrrohan
04-21-2021, 01:07 PM
yeah least with technical stuff your either right or wrong. its not really up for debate its either fixed or not.

Vincent128
04-21-2021, 01:29 PM
im assuming the Unsubscribe option is what your after

"Thread Tools -> Unsubscribe from this Thread"

I'll try that but I assumed that I would have had to be subscribed first.

Yeah no, you have to subscribe to have that option.

emujo2
04-21-2021, 01:42 PM
but saying they wont listen to your point of view is also you not listening to their point of view.

and if you argue to the death as a result its super pointless

My point was if we are so diametrically opposed to each other and there can be no common ground then it's better to shut them out of your life where you can..My wife is a democrat, I am a republican never once has my wife accused me of hating my county, being a racist, not caring about those less fortunate, and in turn I don't call her all the nasty crap being a liberal can bring on. She has her viewpoint based on her experience, I have mine. I strongly believe her democratic based ideas about how to build a better America are wrong, but I don't feel the need to get in her face and spit on her. So far we have built a home and raised 2 kids in nearly 30 years..It's a shame our elected leaders can't do the same. E

rrrohan
04-21-2021, 03:58 PM
ive argued with my share online. cant say it ever made me stressed. if anything it made me feel dumb for even getting dragged into a pointless argument

blazebusiness
04-30-2021, 03:57 PM

A very healthy move on your part. I applaud it. The lack of reason and logic and desire to fruitlessly argue the most ridiculous points ad nauseum without any desire to listen to your carefully presented - well thought thru points, just feeds their bad behavior. Many are not there to discuss and learn....... they just want to senselessly argue and humiliate and frustrate others. Schadenfreude at it's finest.

JLSam
12-06-2023, 05:33 PM
Stepping away from those political threads can be a game-changer for your peace of mind. I did the same thing recently with my Insta and Facebook. It's like a breath of fresh air in the digital world. Unfriending those who constantly disagree on fundamental levels? Totally understandable. Life's too short for needless digital drama.You're absolutely right about the lack of reason and logic in some of those threads. It can feel like you're shouting into the void, and that's just frustrating. People should be open to discussing and learning, but sadly, many just want to argue for the sake of it.If you ever find yourself needing to vent or share your thoughts, don't forget there are mental health hotlines (https://mentalhealthhotline.org/) available 24/7.

Bot's are getting smarter, and smarter.

Jesus.

Custom Search