PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Konica C368 Serial Number Error

Custom Search

radd
06-22-2020, 09:03 PM
I have a refurbished C368, (imported) I think the serial number has been changed.

I am trying to activate the i-Option LK-101, when I input the serial in the LMS server it says invalid.

The labels on the back of the machine look legit, but the Serial number field is blank, no sticker under the scanner glass either.

The Serial listed in Service mode is the only one I can find.

I don't know if any boards have been changed on it.

Is it hard coded in the board, or is it possible to get working one from KM, or am I screwed for the i-Option.

Any help appreciated!

emujo2
06-22-2020, 09:08 PM
C368 came standard with the I-Option..get the machine on the network and able to get ot the outside world, then just enable the I-Option in the network settings. Normally it will contact the LMS server and self activate. There is a 2nd methode if this fails, but it's outside of the normal LMS services..That's why you are getting an error. E

Synthohol
06-22-2020, 09:10 PM
the real serial is on the frame inside the RS door and at least one other place. behind tray 1 on the front of the frame i believe.
if those labels were removed you have a booty machine and i would return it at their cost for selling you a compromised device.

radd
06-22-2020, 09:15 PM
C368 came standard with the I-Option..get the machine on the network and able to get ot the outside world, then just enable the I-Option in the network settings. Normally it will contact the LMS server and self activate. There is a 2nd methode if this fails, but it's outside of the normal LMS services..That's why you are getting an error. E

Thanks, I thought that it came included, but when I try to activate ( from the MFP ) I get this:

Validation process failed. Please enter the License code and validate the function.

Is that a connection error, do i need to enable a proxy to reach it?

radd
06-22-2020, 09:16 PM
the real serial is on the frame inside the RS door and at least one other place. behind tray 1 on the front of the frame i believe.
if those labels were removed you have a booty machine and i would return it at their cost for selling you a compromised device.

Thanks I'll check that in the morning!!!

emujo2
06-22-2020, 09:46 PM
404 - ?????????????????????? (https://lms.konicaminolta.com/LicenseFree/KM/support_free.aspx..Enter) the s/n and you will get the activation code to use. This can be entered in web connection or service mode. E

radd
06-22-2020, 10:25 PM
404 - ?????????????????????? (https://lms.konicaminolta.com/LicenseFree/KM/support_free.aspx..Enter) the s/n and you will get the activation code to use. This can be entered in web connection or service mode. E

Thanks,

I must have the formatting wrong, it connects but just says waiting then blank screen.

Synthohol
06-22-2020, 11:30 PM
so are you just trying to activate the web browser?
ive got it to work by enabling DHCP and then go into admin mode and activate it.
if DNS is incorrect it wont work either.
you can try 8.8.8.8 as a secondary DNS and see if that helps and the gateway IP has to be good.
also some networks appliances can stop traffic on port 80.

do you (they) really NEED the web browser? i mean if it has a fiery then its reqd but for day to day use will it even be used?

radd
06-22-2020, 11:32 PM

Yes, that's correct.

radd
06-22-2020, 11:41 PM
ive got it to work by enabling DHCP and then go into admin mode and activate it.
if DNS is incorrect it wont work either.
you can try 8.8.8.8 as a secondary DNS and see if that helps and the gateway IP has to be good.
also some networks appliances can stop traffic on port 80.

do you (they) really NEED the web browser? i mean if it has a fiery then its reqd but for day to day use will it even be used?

Thanks, yep need it for fiery and Papercut.

I'll try that, gateway is good , I'll add the 8.8.8.8 DNS see if that helps !

Synthohol
06-23-2020, 12:38 AM
ok now i know 100%
you cannot activate it through the Fiery.
you MUST first connect the emperon controller to the network, activate the license, THEN reconnect the Fiery and just leave the copier on DHCP anyway so it gets its fake 172.17.249.2 address but the copier is accessible from the next IP up from the fiery.

thats the answer, im sure of it.

emujo2
06-23-2020, 12:56 PM

Not sure what happned there..HTTPS://LMS.konicaminolta.com/activate. E

radd
06-23-2020, 06:13 PM
ok now i know 100%
you cannot activate it through the Fiery.
you MUST first connect the emperon controller to the network, activate the license, THEN reconnect the Fiery and just leave the copier on DHCP anyway so it gets its fake 172.17.249.2 address but the copier is accessible from the next IP up from the fiery.

thats the answer, im sure of it.

Thanks, I didn't have the Fiery on when I tried, no joy though.

And going through the LMS/activate webpage doesn't work ( Serial invalid )

No numbers on the frame either:mad:

Is it possible to get a new one from KM, I'll be taking it up with the supplier, just curious if there were any other options.

radd
06-23-2020, 06:14 PM
Not sure what happned there..HTTPS://LMS.konicaminolta.com/activate. E

Thanks, I tried that link but no luck: Serial invalid

jotunn
06-23-2020, 08:51 PM
Valid serial numbers for
- Konica Minolta Bizhub C368 are A7PU021000001 - A7PU021027801 and A7PU021200001 - A7PU021210900
- Develop Ineo+368 are A7PU121000001 - A7PU121001990

Check label colour, should be more graphite, than black; and matte, not glossy - similar to the others.

Some machines you can buy 2nd hand, are sold without SN on the frame (sometimes fake, but matching the rest), with fake serial number and fake label on the back.
These machines come from KM contracts, and had been resold to third parties for scrapping.
However some scrappers break the agreement with Konica Minolta and re-market these machines with changed numbers, so that KM cannot easily identify the source.

In such case, you can't install i-Option licence.

Possible solution:
- you can check if there is original SN stored in upper EEPROM on PRCB (EEPROM DIP8 93C86, SN stored in reverse order, between 0x59A-0x5A6)
- the second place, you can take a look for SN is service chip under HV board (EEPROM 93C46, reverse order, between 0x70-0x7C)
- set original SN back in service mode, then ask (beg rather) politely someone with service manager account in LMS to generate initialization code for your original SN
* in your case, you can't use "alternative initialization code" that can be found on this forum, because it will not generate valid encryption keys for LMS

In case you can't extract original serial number, it's rather hopeless. In theory you could use any valid SN from above, but it's illegal.

radd
06-23-2020, 09:28 PM
Valid serial numbers for
- Konica Minolta Bizhub C368 are A7PU021000001 - A7PU021027801 and A7PU021200001 - A7PU021210900
- Develop Ineo+368 are A7PU121000001 - A7PU121001990

Check label colour, should be more graphite, than black; and matte, not glossy - similar to the others.

Some machines you can buy 2nd hand, are sold without SN on the frame (sometimes fake, but matching the rest), with fake serial number and fake label on the back.
These machines come from KM contracts, and had been resold to third parties for scrapping.
However some scrappers break the agreement with Konica Minolta and re-market these machines with changed numbers, so that KM cannot easily identify the source.

In such case, you can't install i-Option licence.

Possible solution:
- you can check if there is original SN stored in upper EEPROM on PRCB (EEPROM DIP8 93C86, SN stored in reverse order, between 0x59A-0x5A6)
- the second place, you can take a look for SN is service chip under HV board (EEPROM 93C46, reverse order, between 0x70-0x7C)
- set original SN back in service mode, then ask (beg rather) politely someone with service manager account in LMS to generate initialization code for your original SN
* in your case, you can't use "alternative initialization code" that can be found on this forum, because it will not generate valid encryption keys for LMS

In case you can't extract original serial number, it's rather hopeless. In theory you could use any valid SN from above, but it's illegal.

Thank you very much for that information. I had a feeling that this where I was going to end up!

I really appreciate you taking the time to post this, I am happy to have a better understanding, learning everyday.

I have no intention of going the illegal route, so I'll see if I can extract the s/n.

Do I need a specific programmer to dump the EEPROM, is the process in the Service Manual?

jotunn
06-23-2020, 10:18 PM
Do I need a specific programmer to dump the EEPROM, is the process in the Service Manual?

Yes, you need universal programmer to dump EEPROM's. With the first one you shouldn't have a problem, but the second one is little bit harder.
Service chip EEPROM has SO8 package and is soldered to small PCB (about 1 inch by 1 inch), so you need to make interface cable, or desolder chip (but even desoldered cannot be connected directly to programmer).

Probably the best idea is to ask for dumping them both in the nearest mobile phone service :)

The process isn't described in the Service Manual.

radd
06-23-2020, 10:30 PM
Yes, you need universal programmer to dump EEPROM's. With the first one you shouldn't have a problem, but the second one is little bit harder.
Service chip EEPROM has SO8 package and is soldered to small PCB (about 1 inch by 1 inch), so you need to make interface cable, or desolder chip (but even desoldered cannot be connected directly to programmer).

Probably the best idea is to ask for dumping them both in the nearest mobile phone service :)

The process isn't described in the Service Manual.

Thanks again!

I have an old programmer ( somewhere ) so I'll start there, hopefully I dont have do the other, but
I'm sure I can rig something up :D

copier addict
06-24-2020, 12:20 AM
If you print the consumables list from the control panel the serial number should be in the top right of the page.

radd
06-27-2020, 05:25 PM
Update:

Managed to pull the original serial off the the EEPROM, ( BR93G86A ) So thats sorted
Now just need to find a way to have it initialized in LMS is that correct?

jotunn
06-29-2020, 06:15 AM
Yes, that's correct.

I would suggest asking people from the US for help about licence initialization.

radd
06-29-2020, 09:34 PM
Yes, that's correct.

I would suggest asking people from the US for help about licence initialization.

Thanks for that, hopefully I can find someone that side of the pond to help :)

Do you know if it's possible to read the EEPROM on the C754e.

Synthohol
06-29-2020, 10:23 PM
if you have the correct serial number and the network settings reach the outside world then you should be able to activate it in web browser usage in admin mode

radd
06-29-2020, 11:14 PM
if you have the correct serial number and the network settings reach the outside world then you should be able to activate it in web browser usage in admin mode

Thanks, I tried activating throught Admin / browser enable : validation failed

Service mode: error MAE001

LMS/activate: gives me a licence code, try to install it in service mode - invalid licence code.

I take it's activated in LMS / original serial number but not recognized on the MFP and needs a new initalization code for my s/n generated in LMS.

Is that correct?

jotunn
06-30-2020, 06:08 AM
Do you know if it's possible to read the EEPROM on the C754e.

The only place you can access is service chip hidden behind HV board - you need to craft some interface to access EEPROM.

...and needs a new initalization code for my s/n generated in LMS.

You can try "repair" in the meantime - [Service Mode]->[Stop][9]->[License Management]->[Repair] but I think, that the only solution is initialization.

radd
06-30-2020, 06:50 AM
The only place you can access is service chip hidden behind HV board - you need to craft some interface to access EEPROM.

Thanks, i hope its 8 pin or I'll be looking for another interface cable!

You can try "repair" in the meantime - [Service Mode]->[Stop][9]->[License Management]->[Repair] but I think, that the only solution is initialization.

I'll try that anyhow , thanks.

Albonline
06-30-2020, 04:39 PM
when a unit is decommissioned the sn is deleted from lms.
if your sn is not dead, the main body and scanner sn are used to confirm init id on this model.
these are input in service mode.

radd
06-30-2020, 09:22 PM
The Repair option does show in Service mode, so I guess not!

radd
06-30-2020, 09:24 PM
when a unit is decommissioned the sn is deleted from lms.
if your sn is not dead, the main body and scanner sn are used to confirm init id on this model.
these are input in service mode.

I'll give that a try, thanks!

Custom Search