PDA

View Full Version : Konica minolta c224e showing OCR dictionary not found

Custom Search

Methmann
06-23-2020, 10:15 AM
Hello guys

I have a c224e, which have an alert, in top of the screen, about ocr data not found. So how do i disable ocr??

Thanks in advance :)

Bix
06-23-2020, 10:22 AM
You need the file OCR Dictionary in Service Mode. Are you technician?

Methmann
06-23-2020, 11:17 AM
You need the file OCR Dictionary in Service Mode. Are you technician?

Yes, i am an technician. And now i managed to deactivate it, via KMīs lms portal :)

So, problem solved ;)

emujo2
06-23-2020, 01:05 PM
If you were getting that message then in most cases you would have had the optional OCR LK installed. You may have a customer wondering why they can no longer OCR their scans. I would have been easier to just add the OCR file. E

rrrohan
06-23-2020, 02:58 PM
im surprised a tech would rather disable via LMS than just download font data.

id argue installing data is easier even if they dont use it

copyman
06-23-2020, 05:29 PM

Hey rrr, glad you found out how to do it. I would of told you how to do it. Not sure why someone would ask if you were a tech, all they have to do is look at your title with over 1000+ posts and offer help.

I've gotten machines from wholesalers with that message and turn off. After 40 yrs in this biz the less you give an end user the easier your life is. Of course if OCR is something my customer would use I would offer it. But none of my customers use that feature.

Methmann
06-24-2020, 08:42 AM
If you were getting that message then in most cases you would have had the optional OCR LK installed. You may have a customer wondering why they can no longer OCR their scans. I would have been easier to just add the OCR file. E

It is a machine, we have got in for resale. So the new customer, wont miss it ;)

Methmann
06-24-2020, 08:44 AM

Well, as copyman said, the less functions, life as technician will be easier. And it is machine, we got in for resale. So the customer, have not bought OCR scanning ;)

Methmann
06-24-2020, 08:46 AM
Hey rrr, glad you found out how to do it. I would of told you how to do it. Not sure why someone would ask if you were a tech, all they have to do is look at your title with over 1000+ posts and offer help.

I've gotten machines from wholesalers with that message and turn off. After 40 yrs in this biz the less you give an end user the easier your life is. Of course if OCR is something my customer would use I would offer it. But none of my customers use that feature.

Exactly! :D OCR is not failsafe, so an unsatisfied customer, can quickly be an headache ;)

Custom Search