PDA

View Full Version : C-3110, toner issues...

Custom Search

Oystercopy
06-24-2020, 01:24 PM
Hey guys.. I went back and read some posts on this issue in the past (one of them I commented on myself), but I'm having this happen more frequently, where the BLACK (K) toner is not recognized by the machine... customer will try several new (and even used) toner cartridges, and it just won't reset. In the recent past, I have just chocked this up to putting in a DIFFERENT toner, and that gets the machine going again. I've even taken that SAME defective toner and installed it into a machine in my shop, and it works fine!? So, what's the real story here? Maybe a lack of proper voltage from a board in the machine, that doesn't blow (or talk to) the chip properly, sometimes?
Thanks in advance!
OC

tsbservice
06-24-2020, 01:32 PM
I dunno the answer...but with Engine DIPSW 28 you can force new release of toner cartridge when machine didn't recognize new toner.

Oystercopy
06-25-2020, 03:23 AM
Well, so I went out to the customer today and tried a 3rd toner cartridge and it didn't work either. However, just a small brush of the contacts where the toner chip meets the frame and VOILA... problem fixed...

But I'll certainly keep the soft switch in mind as well.
Thanks!

Custom Search