PDA

View Full Version : Change electronic components & iOptions

Custom Search

Bix
06-25-2020, 07:52 AM
Hello,
I've always had this doubt. When I insert an iOption on a bizhub printer, it is registered on the LMS server if the printer is connected to the network.

When should i pay attention to iOption licenses? For example on the 8 series, I saw nothing strange happens if I change the HDD but if one day I had to change the motherboard, would the iOption license be lost? I don't think that under any circumstances, as long as the printer is connected to the network, I lose the iOption licenses. Or am I wrong?

In the iSeries for now I have changed Storage Board and also in this case no problem. I have seen in the manual that changing the BASE BOARD now does nothing strange. I still haven't seen what happens with the change from the CPUB.

Obviously the only thing that the printer requires is the Movie file, dictionary, Font etc. but this is easy to restore.

tsbservice
06-25-2020, 08:21 AM
Bix read TROUBLESHOOTING of i-Option in corresponding SM.

emujo2
06-25-2020, 02:08 PM
I options can be lost for any number of reasons..It's always a good idea to keep a copy of the activation token as needed, but if you have access to LMS you can get that info at any time. The biggest issue is trying to move I-option from one machine to another. Once the machine is gone, you cannot feedback the license deactivated code back to LMS to free up the LK for use in another machine. I had a tech mistype the S/N on a web browser LK (before they were free). We had to pay for a new one as we could not find the location of the s/n and de activate it. E

Bix
06-25-2020, 02:11 PM
I options can be lost for any number of reasons..It's always a good idea to keep a copy of the activation token as needed, but if you have access to LMS you can get that info at any time. E

Yes, I read the manual and I must say that theoretically it is difficult for these licenses to be lost.
Both in the 8 series and in the iSeries, they are saved in two different places. So unless you change multiple eletronic board at once, the problem doesn't persist.

Albonline
06-25-2020, 03:27 PM
if any license is lost and you haven't put boards from a used machine in. there will be a repair key in enhanced security, license management, if its happy the key will not appear.

Custom Search