PDA

View Full Version : C224 printing problem

Custom Search

SBTech
06-25-2020, 11:50 PM
I have setup 3 new Windows 10 computers on the network and non of them will print to the c224. I have even downloaded the old driver that is working on a Windows 2008 Server that I'm replacing and with the same version it does not print. The printer does make sounds but nothing is coming out.

The old Windows 2008 server prints fine, copy and scanning working as expected.

As far as I can tell the access control is disabled and I have looked thru all the settings under "printer properties" and copied them from the working computer.

What am I missing, surely its something easy.

rrrohan
06-25-2020, 11:57 PM
I have setup 3 new Windows 10 computers on the network and non of them will print to the c224. I have even downloaded the old driver that is working on a Windows 2008 Server that I'm replacing and with the same version it does not print. The printer does make sounds but nothing is coming out.

As far as I can tell the access control is disabled and I have looked thru all the settings under "printer properties" and copied them from the working computer.

What status do print jobs have in job history

qbert69
06-26-2020, 12:00 AM

What am I missing, surely its something easy.Is Job Accounting with user codes enabled on the MFP???[emoji848]

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

SBTech
06-26-2020, 12:12 AM
Is Job Accounting with user codes enabled on the MFP???[emoji848]

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! It was account tracking which I had not looked at.

rrrohan
06-26-2020, 12:14 AM
Lol U said access control was off in your OP

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

bsm2
06-26-2020, 12:16 AM
Make sure in the driver its the c224 think its the last tab
Double check account code and authentication is off

qbert69
06-26-2020, 12:17 AM
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! It was account tracking which I had not looked at.DERP!!![emoji2957][emoji23][emoji1787][emoji38]

Phil B.
06-26-2020, 02:13 PM

are you sure it's not a WSD port?

qbert69
06-26-2020, 02:26 PM
are you sure it's not a WSD port?Problem Solved. Refer to post #7.

SBTech
06-26-2020, 03:40 PM
Lol U said access control was off in your OP

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

"User Authentication" was off, "Account Track" was on and that was it

rrrohan
06-27-2020, 02:34 PM
"User Authentication" was off, "Account Track" was on and that was it

thats why i think if obtain setting is enabled on driver so should the option for verifying authentication/account track prior sending print job.

that would help people avoid this issue.

I always enable that feature on installs, saves all the "my print jobs never print" calls/makes them quicker to diagnose

Custom Search