PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C353 "Install the imaging unit and close all doors" error

Custom Search

bgolpmp
06-26-2020, 03:40 AM
Please help my beloved machine!!!! About 2 weeks ago I replaced the transfer roller in my c353 along with the K imaging unit. After doing that I received an error about the imaging unit not being installed a c2559 I believe. I tried installing the old imaging unit and it gave me the same error. I git busy with work and let it sit for a few weeks and not when I power the unit up it is telling me to "Install the imaging unit and close all doors" and it is telling me to install all 4 units and also I am getting a second message of "Set the toner cartridge and close all doors" and it is also indicating all toners. They are all pretty new. What can be wrong with my machine?????? I need it for work now and I am at a loss. I am sorry if this has been asked before. I looked on google and also this site and came up with nothing.

Thanks for your time!!

Andy

copyman
06-26-2020, 04:03 AM
Think there was a bulletin about installing all image units. I'll see if I can dig it up. But what is concerning is all the other messages you are getting at same time?

Did you have any lightning storms?

You could try initilizing machine in service mode. Keep in mind this will wipe out all your settings.

Synthohol
06-26-2020, 04:06 AM
this is info i found based on your symptoms but not all that at once.
thats crazy!
maybe one of these will point you in the right direction?

good luck.

Related Products:bizhub C203,bizhub C253,bizhub C353

Related Options:
Error
C2559

Root Cause
C2559 (C-2559) at power up.

Workaround/Fix
CAUSE: The High Voltage Unit has failed.

SOLUTION: Replace the HV unit (p/n A02E M402 01).

Problem
"Set the toner cartridge and close all doors" message that will not clear.

Solution
CAUSE: A poor connection at CN25 on the PRCB or CN41 in the harness to CN25.

SOLUTION: Remove all power from the machine and reseat both connectors.

After updating firmware, machine indicates the replacement of image units is required.
Solution
CAUSE: The DIP switch settings are not staying FIXED.

SOLUTION: When setting DIPSWs, for DIPSW 51, first set the HEX F0 result and FIX. This will set the correct bits as indicated for the model. Then set DIPSW 55 to the 00001100 as indicated, by setting the HEX 0C result and Fix. The switches will remain set and the display will return to normal.

bgolpmp
06-26-2020, 04:22 AM
Thanks for the reply!! I will try these suggestions out tomorrow

bgolpmp
10-14-2020, 04:54 AM
Well tomorrow FINALLY came today and I replaced the high voltage board with a new to me one I purchased off of ebay and it is giving me the same issues. I checked the connection on cn25 and that was fine. Where can I go from here??? What are the chances that both boards give me the same error?????

Thanks for the help!!!!

Andy

allan
10-14-2020, 04:58 AM
Initialize the machine. Worked for me before.
But before that do an error reset.

bgolpmp
10-14-2020, 05:09 AM
no sure what that is but I just did a trouble reset and get the same issues

allan
10-14-2020, 06:37 AM
Remove all the units and toners and try an all data clear.
Had this some years back with IU and toners and that was the only way i got it running again.

It could be a connection....

There is an option under initialize to clear system error.
I don't mean to clear trouble like with a fuser code.
Remove all the units and toner when you do this.

bgolpmp
10-14-2020, 04:17 PM
Thanks for the suggestion but that did not work :mad: I really miss and need my printer I might have to go to my backup machine but that one is not color and I like this one better.

Any other suggestions? It doesn't even have 300,000 copies on it yet

Synthohol
10-14-2020, 05:44 PM
did you do the 2nd part of my post? bit switches?

bgolpmp
10-14-2020, 08:41 PM
Thanks for the reply. No I did not. I dont know how to do that or where those dip switches are located. I will look in the web tonight along with the manual and try and figure out how to do this

mattcoop11
10-14-2020, 10:34 PM
Have you recently inserted any new toners?

Do you use genuine or compat toners, I’ve had it before with the chip on one of the compat toners was at fault, and it was causing the machine to ask for all IU’s & toners to be installed...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bgolpmp
10-14-2020, 11:45 PM
U did rebuild one of the imaging units and when I installed it was when I had this error. I tried the new and old chip and got the same issue. I also installed a new I believe it is called transfer roller in the machine

bgolpmp
10-16-2020, 03:54 PM
Please tell me if I was trying to change the dipsw correctly

I pressed stop 00 stop 01 and that brings up a menu
I went to system 2
Under there was software switch settings
in the first box I typed 51
In the 2nd box I left alone
in the bottom box I changed the first 0 to an f
I pressed fix

I did the same for 55 except input the correct numbers
BUT when I exited out of that screen and went back to the standard screen the error was still there
Then I rebooted the printer and the error was still there
I also did a trouble reset and the error was still there
When I went back into the software switch settings and would type in 51 or 55 in the first box the things I typed into the boxes were not there. It was back to the default I believe 0's

Am I doing this wrong?

Thanks
Andy

Synthohol
10-16-2020, 07:22 PM
no, you did it correctly.
time for a new machine.
In June 2017 that machine was officially discontinued and no longer supported (except supplies).

honestly, you can buy a lease return newer machine for the cost of 1 board for that dinosaur.
check the 3 gold pins that contact the chip on the IU. maybe one is bent. thats best case scenario.

femaster
10-17-2020, 05:44 AM
BUT when I exited out of that screen and went back to the standard screen the error was still there
Then I rebooted the printer and the error was still there
I also did a trouble reset and the error was still there
When I went back into the software switch settings and would type in 51 or 55 in the first box the things I typed into the boxes were not there. It was back to the default I believe 0's

Am I doing this wrong?

Thanks
Andy

It sounds like you don't have a new enough firmware installed. It's been a long time since I've had to set this model, but I believe the Long Life functionality you are looking for came in one of the later firmware versions. Most likely the version on your machine is prior to those switch settings being implemented. That and I don't think it would have helped out your situation anyway, as it sounds like it thinks the units aren't even installed, so long life settings wouldn't do you any good in that case anyway.

bgolpmp
10-17-2020, 11:27 PM
And I suppose there is no way I can get my hands on an updated firmware to try?????

bgolpmp
10-17-2020, 11:38 PM
I also contributed to this site!! I am so grateful for all the help I am getting and think that is the least I can do is to keep the site going!

Synthohol
10-18-2020, 07:06 AM
PM sent!

bgolpmp
10-18-2020, 05:57 PM
Thanks!!!!! It is awesome how helpful everyone is on here! I will let you know if this fixes it. I found a 128mb compact flash laying around but I can't find a reader for it!!! I thought the reader would be the easy part

Synthohol
10-18-2020, 06:09 PM
https://www.amazon.com/SmartQ-C368-Multi-Card-Compatible-Supports/dp/B06Y1G18KS/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?crid=12CNWV0690RGW&dchild=1&keywords=cf+card+reader&qid=1603041002&sprefix=cf%2Caps%2C163&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUFHREkxTEFQVVc4S0UmZ W5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTA3MjExODYzTzZWQ0tSNjVLRUxTJmVuY3J 5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA3ODY5NTZDUjRPSks1UFhTTVAmd2lkZ2V0T mFtZT1zcF9hdGYmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3R Mb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

Custom Search