PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta C360 Moisture and Broken Guide

Custom Search

JLSam
06-26-2020, 11:47 PM
Saw this post here:
https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/109940-konica-minolta-c280.html

Our copier has moisture accumulating on the fuser exit guide, and jamming at the paper exit assembly. We are buying the fuser, does the new fuser come with the Guide Film Additions per Bulletin Number 7587?
Lastly, the paper exit door's guide broke and now the spring there is loose. I'm replacing the guide and purchasing the slide tape per that bulletin too.

My question is this, I scoured the manual, and I can not, for the life of me find simple and clear instructions on how to remove it, and replace the guide.
Is anyone here familiar with the machine? Maybe I'm blind, but honestly, I looked, and did not find anything on the paper exit, and how to remove and replace that guide.

Any instructions and advice would be GREAT. Also, how many hours do you suspect it will take to replace?

Parts: All parts in Bulletin 7587
A0ED741400 Guide Film Item Addition
A0ED897200 Slide Tape Item Addition

AND:
A0ED 8904 01 Guide
4038 5896 02 TORSION SPRING
4163 5293 01 SCREW

A0ED R720 00 Fuser Unit(120V)

Thank you!

copyman
06-27-2020, 02:55 AM
Hopefully someone else can help with the guide but wanted to let you know a new fuser will not stop the moisture on fuser. That is from damp paper or maybe a real damp enviroment.

femaster
06-28-2020, 08:48 PM
Saw this post here:
Konica Minolta C280 (https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/109940-konica-minolta-c280.html)

Our copier has moisture accumulating on the fuser exit guide, and jamming at the paper exit assembly. We are buying the fuser, does the new fuser come with the Guide Film Additions per Bulletin Number 7587?
Sounds like the paper or the environment is the problem. A new fuser won't fix the moisture problem, but might help with the jamming if your original doesn't have the film guides. Replacement fusers come with the film already on them.

Lastly, the paper exit door's guide broke and now the spring there is loose. I'm replacing the guide and purchasing the slide tape per that bulletin too.
Skip the film if you are buying the fuser. While I'm not exactly sure of the guide in the exit unit you are referring to, the fact that the spring is loose shouldn't be a problem. It's a common issue because the arm (tab?) where the spring mounts weakens from the heat and eventually breaks. We have many units out in the field where the spring mount has broken. We just remove the spring completely so that it doesn't interfere with the movement of the exit cover. We have never had any issues caused by the spring not being there other than the inconvenience that the door won't hold itself open any longer. At some sites this has actually REDUCED service calls for jams because no matter how many times you show and tell the customer to close the cover, the customer would always leave it open and just slam the side door shut resulting in paper jams when doing duplex.

My question is this, I scoured the manual, and I can not, for the life of me find simple and clear instructions on how to remove it, and replace the guide.
Is anyone here familiar with the machine? Maybe I'm blind, but honestly, I looked, and did not find anything on the paper exit, and how to remove and replace that guide.
Any instructions and advice would be GREAT. Also, how many hours do you suspect it will take to replace?
It has been quite a while since I've had to remove that exit unit, but I recall it was a bit of a chore. I seem to remember having to remove a lot of covers to get access to the screws that were holding it in, along with creating enough room to finagle it out of the copier. I believe there are 2 screws on the front side of the copier hiding behind the white cover(s) under the control panel (screwed into the side of the exit unit), and at least 1 screw accessed from the back side of the copier (behind back panel cover). There may be others that I don't remember, but there are at least those couple for sure. Right now I honestly don't remember if the unit came out through the right side or inside the output area. If you've never done it before, I'd say give yourself at least 2- to 2.5-hours to get the unit out and back in again, not counting guide replacement time. Be careful and take your time so as to not break anything else on that assembly, the heat from the fuser makes them rather brittle.

The job sucks for sure, but it can be done.

JLSam
07-13-2020, 06:01 PM
Update:

We purchased fuser and that guide from a local Konica Minolta dealer. We got that slide tape per bulletin 7587.
Here: https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/attachments/konica-minolta/37949d1508594028-konica-minolta-c280-7587-pdf

I applied the slide tape, but that bulletin has the worst resolution in a bulletin I have EVER seen.

So I'm asking the community. Please instruct me if my application is wrong, but is this correct?
(Please see attached)

I ask because it says 0-2mm off the edge. But that feels so counter-intuitive. If I do that, that tape protrudes because that fourth rib sticks out. So the tape crimples. Regardless of the placement, that tape crimples at the edge on that FOURTH rib. Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

Any advice, corrections and guidance would be taken with absolute gratitude. Please correct me if I applied these wrong. My service call is today. Thank you.

femaster
07-14-2020, 12:07 AM
I ask because it says 0-2mm off the edge. But that feels so counter-intuitive. If I do that, that tape protrudes because that fourth rib sticks out. So the tape crimples. Regardless of the placement, that tape crimples at the edge on that FOURTH rib. Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

Any advice, corrections and guidance would be taken with absolute gratitude. Please correct me if I applied these wrong. My service call is today. Thank you.

What you have there looks like it probably should be closer to the "top" edge (as seen in your pictures). In it's current location, with the edge of the tape being right on the curve of the fin, I'd be afraid that the paper would catch on the edge of the tape when trying to pass into the unit. To be honest, that whole setup looks crazy to me, but clearly that is what the bulletin is stating to do, so who am I to judge the KM masters.

JLSam
07-14-2020, 12:29 AM
What you have there looks like it probably should be closer to the "top" edge (as seen in your pictures). In it's current location, with the edge of the tape being right on the curve of the fin, I'd be afraid that the paper would catch on the edge of the tape when trying to pass into the unit. To be honest, that whole setup looks crazy to me, but clearly that is what the bulletin is stating to do, so who am I to judge the KM masters.

I replaced it, no jams. BUT the issue is that if I truly do it near edge of the machine, that tape crumples and sticks out like a sore thumb, and is more likely to cause jams. That fourth rib protrudes quite a bit, which is why I question the bulletin.

Long story short, it's not jammin', but we will see after a few weeks of testing. I am more than happy to question the KM masters. Have you tried changing a roller on a bizhub c250? If it takes longer than 30 seconds, it's bad design. But I digress.

I'm just annoyed, and the replacement wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. Thanks for the response.

Custom Search