PDA

View Full Version : Clean the ph unit without taking it apart

Custom Search

Bix
06-29-2020, 10:13 AM
Hi, what are your best skills to clean the PH UNIT without taking it apart?
In the bizhubs there is a magic wand that allows you to easily clean the window. But sometimes it may not be enough.

For example, I recently changed a drum and some toner must have run over the slide. With the magic wand I managed to clean everything but there was a slight white strip that I can hardly remove.

tsbservice
06-29-2020, 10:31 AM
Bix, what model? Also sometimes you can use your vacuum cleaner to suck out dropped toner. Other than that you just follow procedure in model's SM how to remove PH unit.

Bix
06-29-2020, 10:36 AM
In general, I speak of models C284e, C258, C250i etc. What I have learned, you need to test for each color. Sometimes he goes crazy for a line that is not actually due by PH Unit but is due by another such as developing unit, transfer belt assy or transfer belt.

My methods for cleaning the ph unit without disassembling is removing the drum and development unit for easy access with a vacuum cleaner.

copyman
06-29-2020, 01:42 PM
If at the shop remove all drums & deve units and blow out with compressor. Do the same thing in customers office but use vacuum with long thin nozzle instead of blowing out with air.

Another thing I've done is use windex or even alcohol on the cleaning wand pad then clean the PH window.

blackcat4866
06-29-2020, 11:49 PM
Keep in mind that you can get voids for other reasons:

Foreign objects or rocks in the developing unit, under the doctor blade.
Dirty grid
AND dirt inside the laser.

There's no trick. The laser has to come out of the machine to get a proper cleaning. =^..^=

rrrohan
06-30-2020, 02:54 AM
The time it takes to remove all drums and developer units you'd have the print head removed.

Sometimes the shortcut ends up being longer

copyman
06-30-2020, 03:17 AM
The time it takes to remove all drums and developer units you'd have the print head removed.

Sometimes the shortcut ends up being longer

And sometimes "doing it the right way" and taking a machine apart that was put together by robots can cause an issue that you didn't have before taking apart.
Just my way of doing things but I will try every shortcut possible before doing a repair that requires machine being torn down. Have gotten bit in the ass to many times over the years trying to "do it the right way". Of course there are some repairs with no shortcuts and have to be done by the book. Not saying getting to this PH unit is that bad, just in general.

Speaking of "by the book", has anyone ever done a repair "by the book" and when done realize that there were a few shortcuts you could of done and saved a lot of time. Like take covers off that didn't need to come off, etc etc, HP manuals are notorious for this.

femaster
06-30-2020, 04:54 AM
Speaking of "by the book", has anyone ever done a repair "by the book" and when done realize that there were a few shortcuts you could of done and saved a lot of time. Like take covers off that didn't need to come off, etc etc, HP manuals are notorious for this.

More times then I even want to think about. There was one a few years back, which at this point I can't remember what it even was or what I was doing. The one thing I do remember is the "book" had me taking all kinds of covers, parts, and assemblies off; was something like 25 steps total. After going through everything and reassembling, I found that I really only needed to do about a 1/4 of the steps it listed. What took me about 1-1/2 hours could have been done in about 20 minutes.

copier tech
06-30-2020, 12:43 PM
Hi, what are your best skills to clean the PH UNIT without taking it apart?
In the bizhubs there is a magic wand that allows you to easily clean the window. But sometimes it may not be enough.

For example, I recently changed a drum and some toner must have run over the slide. With the magic wand I managed to clean everything but there was a slight white strip that I can hardly remove.

To be honest if you have that much toner that the laser the wand won't clean up, take the PH out its easy enough to do then vacuum up all the stray toner.

rrrohan
06-30-2020, 02:42 PM
i dont know i just feel with something like this, removing drum and dev and getting a vac might work some times but if it doesnt work you just wasted 10 mins removing parts and persisting in the hope to fix issue via shortcut.

removing the printhead is max 20 min job to just do it properly the first time.

id rather commit 20 mins than gamble the 5 min shortcut ending up needing to be done properly.

my shortcuts are normally based on where i parked and how long i have before i get a fine lol

Hansoon
07-01-2020, 04:06 AM
Every rebuild we do in the workshop I take them out for a good clean and if necessary in the field too.
I HATE voids......

Hans

Zesti
07-01-2020, 09:50 AM
If your magic wand is good , means its sponge is not settled down it should do the job.

Custom Search