PDA

View Full Version : Standby noise Bizhub 227

Custom Search

Bix
07-01-2020, 11:06 AM
Hi, it's actually not a loud noise but I want to understand what the bizhub 227 does when it is on standby. In a nutshell, every 15-30 minutes it makes a noise of 1 sec, as if it should switch on from standby. I believe he does it in all bizhub 227.

EarthKmTech
07-02-2020, 11:37 AM
the old bw minolta engines used to periodically rotate the drum to stop the blade welding to it or damaging the drum surface. It may be doing something similar. It could also be the fuser drive attempting to stop it flat spotting. The colour machines up till the c360 used to step the belt periodically too but have not heard it on later colours not that i have time to wait around to find out.

I have had squeaky drum unit in these cheap bh 227 black and white machines. I'm not a fan of them, they get my hands dirty. :rolleyes:

Drum replacement is not nice for something the end user is supposed to do. I will always do it for them if its near life.

I should know this, ive done the training, but as usual, I forget.

Bix
07-02-2020, 03:06 PM
Yeah, thanks for your guess. It could be!:) Why do you say they get you dirty? I personally when I do maintenance I don't have big problems. The only time I get "dirty" is when I have to replace the paper dust remover.

EarthKmTech
07-05-2020, 12:47 AM
Yeah, thanks for your guess. It could be!:) Why do you say they get you dirty? I personally when I do maintenance I don't have big problems. The only time I get "dirty" is when I have to replace the paper dust remover.

Exactly, when changing the paper dust remover you have to stick your hand into the filthy beast ;)

I have a customer that uses them heavily and they arent suited for high volume it just makes the situation worse. I beleive they are only rated for a short life span which is defintely going to be exceeded. Note, this customer is the only customer that has them, they are pretty rare here, but they just happened to buy a lot of them.

JR2ALTA
07-05-2020, 05:00 AM
I am a former KM tech but I remember a "bug zapper" electronic sound that was the result of the power supply. Although, it could be considered unproblematic.

Custom Search