PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 350 with df-605 "jamming" but you open the cover and close it and jam clears

Custom Search

danny464
07-01-2020, 05:48 PM
Bizhub 350 with df-605 was not responding when I got to the service call. The Pick up rollers were down and would not go up even if you close and open the top cover like they normally do. The copy button was flashing green. Also, you would not be able to use the adf, every time you tried to scan or copy the machine would use the glass. I turned it off and on and the adf started responding but every time you do a copy job it would mark a jam but the whole job went through. You only need to open and close the top cover and the jam message cleared. You could copy 20 and most of the time the 20 will go through but will always mark a jam at the end. I cleaned the sensors and did the adf sensor calibration in service mode but issue persists. Im thinking probably a sensor went bad and its the first thing ill try replacing but was wondering if anyone else has had this issue recently and if I should take any other parts to the call. Thank you in advance.
Also, I don't usually work on konica minoltas so if I need to clarify anything just let me know.

Leyahné
07-01-2020, 05:51 PM
There is a sensor underneath in the ADF with a velvet type surface the is causing the jams

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

copytechman
07-07-2020, 04:50 PM
There is a sensor underneath in the ADF with a velvet type surface the is causing the jams

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Also a mirror type reflector that gets really dirty too.

Right in the first turnaround chute.

Regards!
A.

scanmc
07-07-2020, 08:41 PM
Also a mirror type reflector that gets really dirty too.

Right in the first turnaround chute.

Regards!
A. You said that you could scan 20 pages and the last one exiting it would show jam? if this is the case I would make sure the exit flag on adf isn't hanging up on the last page that is exiting

tsbservice
07-07-2020, 09:33 PM
Jam code will point you to the faulty sensor.

blackcat4866
07-07-2020, 11:43 PM
Usually when all the originals feed, then shows a jam after the last page has cleared, it's usually a problem with the original detection sensor or flag. I haven't looked at a 350 in ages, but it's be something to do with that. =^..^=

Woxner
07-08-2020, 03:17 AM
clean the little mirror that sits vertical in the feed guide. also if the rollers wont come up when closing the top cover ck the clutch and spring. sometimes it will hang the rollers down too far and they wont be retracted all the way and holds the paper set lever down lever down. common on this feeder

danny464
07-08-2020, 06:10 PM
Thank you all for the help! Service call should be this week or next, will update on what ends up fixing it, thanks!

danny464
07-22-2020, 06:11 PM
Replaced the sensor in the document feeder door(the one with feed and pick up rollers) and that fixed the issue. Thanks again everyone!

Custom Search