PDA

View Full Version : Konika Minolta c454e color problem

Custom Search

furius
07-01-2020, 06:24 PM
Good evening guys, I collected this machine with 600000 copies, the machine has good colors but leaves only one at the end of the sheet I am attaching a photo.
I replaced all the drum units, the transfer belt, and replaced the casting.
I have updated the firmware
I have to replace the developer.
Katun compatible toners have always been used on the machine.
I was intent on completely cleaning the toner tank and replacing the developer, and assembling original toner. Any other advice on this?

Thank you so much guys!!

Phil B.
07-01-2020, 06:51 PM
Good evening guys, I collected this machine with 600000 copies, the machine has good colors but leaves only one at the end of the sheet I am attaching a photo.
I was intent on completely cleaning the toner tank and replacing the developer, and assembling original toner. Any other advice on this?

Thank you so much guys!!

have you cleaned the laser lens?

you say I have to replace the developer. did you? what does the 'brush' look like on the developer? is it full across the mag roller?

did you init the dev unit?

tulintron
07-01-2020, 08:45 PM

Thank you so much guys!!Print the Test Pattern Halftone at 60 for each color, check the hair on the development brush, check the laser.

tsbservice
07-01-2020, 09:07 PM
I would not use any compatible toners on color bizhub.
Now go figure it out.

copyman
07-02-2020, 12:31 AM
Really hard to troubleshoot when using aftermarket toners. With 600k meter I would look at the Dev units at this point.

As the other poster said you should only use genuine Kon/Min with color machine. One of the worse service calls a tech can go on is print quality issues and machine has aftermarket toners in it!

Although I've had great success using aftermarket toners, drums, etc in the Kon/Min B&W models.

furius
07-02-2020, 02:04 PM
Guys, then this morning I disassembled the laser and cleaned everything, I completely cleaned the hopper unit and mounted original toners, replaced the developers, updated firmware, and stabilized the colors, finally the machine is fine !! Excellent prints.
I have 200 rental machines with compatible toners and I am increasingly counting on compatible toner colors with many problems!
In any case, thank you very much guys!

Thebest
07-03-2020, 09:22 AM
goog job.

copyman
07-03-2020, 02:00 PM
Guys, then this morning I disassembled the laser and cleaned everything, I completely cleaned the hopper unit and mounted original toners, replaced the developers, updated firmware, and stabilized the colors, finally the machine is fine !! Excellent prints.
I have 200 rental machines with compatible toners and I am increasingly counting on compatible toner colors with many problems!

Glad to help. Good to hear it's working good now.

Just curious did you replace the complete Dev units or just used aftermarket developer powder in each one?

Using genuine consumables costs a lot more but in the long run will save you money. I've learned the hard way after 40+ yrs in the biz.

Best of luck

blackcat4866
07-03-2020, 03:11 PM

This is where you'll determine if it's your "compatible" toner causing the issue. If you go back in a few weeks and the same issue had returned you'll know it's the toner.

I had a billable customer come to me with a similar issue. Rather than spending thousands on developing units, I suggested buying two OEM toners of each color, install one of each, then run the machine for a few weeks. I checked back with that customer a month later. They said the quality is not quite back to where it started, but is considerably better. I'm sure a stabilization and gradation would bring it the rest of the way back. And they would have had to buy the toner anyway. The only loss is the not-so-compatible toner (which was a loss right from the moment it was bought).
=^..^=

tsbservice
07-03-2020, 04:36 PM
With color toners for so many copies and comparatively low price and cheep black toner for many copies bizhub midrange A3 machines are basically money makers for their owners. I'm talking about original consumables. I can't see why to compromise quality and long term expensive parts life for few dollars.

copier tech
07-03-2020, 05:36 PM

You replaced the developers? what all 4!? Very expensive mistake using compatible.

tsbservice
07-03-2020, 05:41 PM
You replaced the developers? what all 4!? Very expensive mistake using compatible.

My guess is No way he replaced whole developer units. Just powder.

copyman
07-03-2020, 05:43 PM
With color toners for so many copies and comparatively low price and cheep black toner for many copies bizhub midrange A3 machines are basically money makers for their owners. I'm talking about original consumables. I can't see why to compromise quality and long term expensive parts life for few dollars.

I agree except genuine color toners from a dealer (most people buy the toner from where they bought the machine) cost $92 for TN321 color and around $55 for black as one example. They can buy aftermarket for $25. That is a big difference. Not sure if I was an end user with no service contract if I wouldn't give aftermarket a try. Maybe never being told aftermarket was inferior.

I've serviced several machines using aftermarket toners where the quality is perfect, no difference from OEM. I still warn the customer about using aftermarket and how it only takes 1 bad toner to crash a dev unit, and they cost $600 each! Convinced most to switch back to genuine.
Also will not put a machine under contract if they use aftermarket or will cancel contract if they start using aftermarket.

fatduke
07-03-2020, 05:50 PM
Hi!

First use genuine toner, than refurbish or buy a new black developer!

600k copies are a lot of!

Cheers!

Custom Search