PDA

View Full Version : C4050i offline

Custom Search

Genotrom
07-02-2020, 03:22 PM
hello, has anyone encountered the problem of offline? In the A3 series this is well known but on the bizhub C4050i it never happened to me. In addition, this printer has been installed for several months without ever having had these problems. The printer is completely offline. Even the scans no longer work. I have turned it off and on several times, as well as completely unplugging it. The firmware was G00-73. I have now installed G00-7D and it has started working again. In addition, KM recommends installing this new firmware because otherwise the printer will load excessive toner into the developing unit (TC problem).

Synthohol
07-02-2020, 04:14 PM
Try locking in a speed like 100tx duplex.
If their network switch is autonegotiate for speed the nic in the copier likely does the same and if they can't settle on a speed it simply ignores the connection.

Bix
07-03-2020, 08:05 AM
This is interesting! In my case no problem on the C4050i but on the C250i. Actually on iseries I noticed that it have by default on "Auto (10/100/ 1Gbps)" while in the previous series by default, if I'm not mistaken, it was on "Auto (10M/100Mbps)".
Maybe that's why he occasionally goes offline. KM after trying them all, he suggested that I change the BASE BOARD!

peter42
07-03-2020, 12:05 PM
Thats, why i have a 5port miniswitch and some short cat-cable in my servicebag.
Plug it beetween network and machine, restart and if it works without problem, costomer gets a invoice.

emujo2
07-06-2020, 02:05 PM
Printers going offline has been an issue on KM products for a long time, but if you are getting other network failures at the same time I would suspect a network issue as the culprit rather than the usual suspects like incorrect driver, SNMP issues ect..If I was seeing this I would start by pinging the devcie while on the network and see what my responses looked like, then move on to pinging the device directly using the MFP config as the basis for your laptop config. If everything looks good from this end i would start looking at switch/port problems including any netwrok security that might be shutting the port down. If you focus on the printer off line messages as a printing problem only you may wind up on the wrong path for figuring this out. E

3ktlc
07-06-2020, 04:50 PM
Printers going offline has been an issue on KM products for a long time, but if you are getting other network failures at the same time I would suspect a network issue as the culprit rather than the usual suspects like incorrect driver, SNMP issues ect..If I was seeing this I would start by pinging the devcie while on the network and see what my responses looked like, then move on to pinging the device directly using the MFP config as the basis for your laptop config. If everything looks good from this end i would start looking at switch/port problems including any netwrok security that might be shutting the port down. If you focus on the printer off line messages as a printing problem only you may wind up on the wrong path for figuring this out. E
We have a customer that had 2 BH4750's taht kept going offline. Finally installed 2 different machines and they have been working for the past 8 months.

Custom Search