PDA

View Full Version : Konica 7145 F23-1 error / posable fix?

Custom Search

thelain
11-03-2008, 07:16 PM
I am the only IT guy at a smaller company so I have the joy of fixing every thing we have. The trouble today Is our Konica 7145. Was working fine then popped up with error F-23-1. according to the service manual this error is

PCL connector detached when the PCL was being turned
ON prior to the start of initial charging, a PCL abnormality was
detected 15 times in a row at the specified intervals after the specified
period of time.

I have tryed removeing the drum assambly and cleening the PCL and the corona unit but still get the error. I am unable to see any light comeing from the area around the PCL when the machine is on so I am guessing that I need a new corona charge unit Part # 40LA-2500 / 40LA-2501.

Just looking for some conformation and or correction before I purchase a new charge unit.

Thanks In advance.

Brett

RockETop
11-04-2008, 12:49 AM
Get the Corona unit and the PCBD, 40LA-9029. Replaced them together.

thelain
11-07-2008, 06:10 PM
I replaced the corona charge unit and i am still getting the f23-1 error. Is there some error code clearing procedure that i need to do after replacing the unit? I didn't replace the PCBD because of the cost. The price I was quoted was almost $1100 and there is no way that my boss is going to approve of me spending twice what we payed for the copier on one part. And I would like to think that the main board in a high end copier was made well and wouldn't fail like that. Plus from my experience with electronics and computers normally when a devices system board gos bad it basically makes everything not work. So dose anyone have a trick or fix they have found?

Thanks In advance.

Brett

Albonline
11-07-2008, 09:05 PM
check the icps on the control board sounds like one may be blown. at the control board connector 26 b16 and b17 at idle you should see 24vdc. if 24v is only at b16 the wireing or cel is open. if there is no voltage, check icp closest to the connector. fyi icps on this unit look like diodes but without a polarity mark. if one is found to be open piggyback another on it . ps test for short to ground at both sides of the blown icp before you power on the unit again.

ebm
11-07-2008, 09:24 PM
I replaced the corona charge unit and i am still getting the f23-1 error. Is there some error code clearing procedure that i need to do after replacing the unit? I didn't replace the PCBD because of the cost. The price I was quoted was almost $1100 and there is no way that my boss is going to approve of me spending twice what we payed for the copier on one part. And I would like to think that the main board in a high end copier was made well and wouldn't fail like that. Plus from my experience with electronics and computers normally when a devices system board gos bad it basically makes everything not work. So dose anyone have a trick or fix they have found?

Thanks In advance.

Brett

If you only paid $550 for this machine, it is time to buy new one if you cannot afford to repair for $1100. Be prepare to pay $5k to $10k for new machine similar to Konica 7145.

You can think the board is made well, but you'd be wrong.

Your electronic/computer experience must not have had much to do w/ copiers. System boards are infamous for problems. Especially w/ Konica. Also, does this error not qualify for "makes everything not work"? Also, if you thinking of replacing System board, better to call certified tech because new board will need to have firmware installed or updated.

redime
11-09-2008, 02:41 PM
Solution ID TAUS0640192EN* Solution Usage 25

Description

F23-01 at power up.

Solution

CAUSE: Failed Main driving board assembly (PRCB).
SOLUTION: Replace the PRCB (p/n 40LA-9029) and the Charge corona unit (p/n 40LA-2500) as a set.

Check the ICP's on the board, theres two styles... a small black one soldered directly to the board and I believe 2 possibly 3 that have an orange/yellow coating that sit above the board.

Replace the blown ICP and youll be good to go.

Custom Search