PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 654e Tray 1 not closing

Custom Search

Almond Milk
07-06-2020, 11:56 PM
Hey guys, recently got called into a Konica Minolta machine that is not locking in the tray properly upon closing it so when you close the tray it just slumps back out. I've already tried swapping trays to find the same problem so I've already verified that it's not problem with the tray itself. I don't see anything broken on the feed head or in the back of the machine, but I'm not very familiar with how the tray is held in place after being closed.

Any ideas what could be causing this? Thanks!

blackcat4866
07-07-2020, 12:16 AM
Funny!

At the high school, some of the kids discovered the latching mechanism toward the tray front. If you operate the grip of the tray you'll see latches retract on each side of the tray ... or you should. If you see only empty holes, some smarty-pants used a tool like a ball point pen to press the latches into the cover. All you have to do is take the front cover off of the tray to see how the latch works.

Every time I went to the high school both the upper trays were like this ... every time! =^..^=

Almond Milk
07-07-2020, 06:01 AM
Funny!

At the high school, some of the kids discovered the latching mechanism toward the tray front. If you operate the grip of the tray you'll see latches retract on each side of the tray ... or you should. If you see only empty holes, some smarty-pants used a tool like a ball point pen to press the latches into the cover. All you have to do is take the front cover off of the tray to see how the latch works.

Every time I went to the high school both the upper trays were like this ... every time! =^..^=

Thanks for the heads up. I'll run by again sometime this week and double check that. Didn't realize the tray was locked in at the front so I didn't even think to check there.

femaster
07-08-2020, 01:36 AM
Thanks for the heads up. I'll run by again sometime this week and double check that. Didn't realize the tray was locked in at the front so I didn't even think to check there.

There is white "pin" on the right front corner of the tray. When you pull the handle of the tray the pin is pulled inward, away from the body of the copier. I've had some where the pin sticks in and won't return when the handle is released, resulting in a drawer that won't stay closed. On the couple I have dealt with, it seemed like the plastic of the pin had warped slightly and was snug fitting in the hole in the side of the tray. I tried some light oil and grease, but neither helped in the ones I had trouble with. I ended up taking a small file and slightly enlarging the hole in the side of the tray that the pin goes through, which is what solved the problem on the couple I've had to deal with.

Good luck.

Custom Search