PDA

View Full Version : BH-C-360, magenta streaks

Custom Search

Hansoon
07-07-2020, 11:05 AM
Anyone seen this with the BH-C-360?

Streaks look "cleaning-blade-ish" and appear from time to time irregularly. Seen for the moment only with printing since the machine is making mainly 95% prints not copies. Long edge feeding first but the feeding direction in the samples is unknown.

Not believing that it would make a difference but I changed the Magenta Drum unit and Developing unit already. Problem persists. Many weeks they do not appear than suddenly several in one day than again days without.

Any idea?

Hans4611046111

copier tech
07-07-2020, 11:31 AM

Streaks look "cleaning-blade-ish" and appear from time to time irregularly. Seen for the moment only with printing since the machine is making mainly 95% prints not copies. Long edge feeding first but the feeding direction in the samples is unknown.

Not believing that it would make a difference but I changed the Magenta Drum unit and Developing unit already. Problem persists. Many weeks they do not appear than suddenly several in one day than again days without.

Any idea?

Hans4611046111

Classic transfer belt marks, replace the transfer unit.

Bix
07-07-2020, 01:49 PM
In my case, it is completely clogged where it is discharged into the waste toner box (I used aftermarket toner). I opened the belt cleaning blade and sucked in with the toner vacuum cleaner. However, the problem was resolved for a short time.

tsbservice
07-07-2020, 02:41 PM
In my case, it is completely clogged where it is discharged into the waste toner box (I used aftermarket toner). I opened the belt cleaning blade and sucked in with the toner vacuum cleaner. However, the problem was resolved for a short time.

Should clean short pipe between ITB waste toner section and WTB.

Bix
07-07-2020, 02:52 PM
I have considered the age of the printer. In the end we sold a c227

tsbservice
07-07-2020, 02:55 PM
I have considered the age of the printer. In the end we sold a c227
If they are color exacting...what a major downgrade for them :D

Bix
07-07-2020, 03:49 PM
If they are color exacting...what a major downgrade for them :D

I don't love many c227 either. But luckily, quality is not a requirement for this customer. He had C360 because taken in a judicial auction.

Hansoon
07-07-2020, 04:17 PM
Guys its a rental so I'm NOT interested in an upgrade. These old machines are otherwise doing very, very well for me.

Your idea that the tonerpipe is clogged sounds very logic but why only Magenta?

This starts me thinking however and I will check the machine if somehow fresh toner is dropping from the toner bottle area which is just above the TB. A lump of toner falling down would perhaps cause exactly this effect......

Thanks for thinking with me.

Hans

Bix
07-07-2020, 04:30 PM
I honestly don't know, but even in my case it was only magenta. It also causes irreparable damage on the TBI after a while. It could also be the filter channel blocked but I don't remember if there is on this model.

tsbservice
07-07-2020, 04:59 PM
Hans I believe you have another working(may be used) TBU. I would swap it and leave the customers run machine for a few days.
My guess is there is chance 90% issue would vanish.

Toxic
07-07-2020, 05:58 PM
I have this few times on C220 and C224e, i manage to find cheaply only ITB cleaning blade from china and it works ok.
Replacement part costs less than $10.
It is nice also that ITB cleaner blade is the same for C220 and C224e so i always have few of it on the stock.

Hansoon
07-07-2020, 06:12 PM
Interesting info guys but why only Magenta??

Hans

Toxic
07-07-2020, 06:33 PM
In my cases it was not always magenta,sometimes that line was like green/grey sometimes like magenta/red, probably it have some relation what user prints before or its smeared toner residue from color registration magenta patern on the belt , can not tell for sure...

femaster
07-08-2020, 01:48 AM
Your idea that the tonerpipe is clogged sounds very logic but why only Magenta?
Hans

I'm going to go with transfer belt as well. The reason I have seen leaving only a magenta streak, in the approximate spot where that one is, is when the copier does the color calibration patches on the belt, magenta is the dominant color on that ITB sensor. The blade isn't cleaning properly there and the calibration patches are smearing, which leaves a streak on the first few pages printed after the calibration is run.

ck1
07-08-2020, 07:36 AM

Any idea?

Hans4611046111

Repalce TransferBelt Cleaning Blade

fatduke
07-08-2020, 08:33 AM
Hi man,

you did one of correct solutions:

DRUM AND DEVELOPER but...

change Transfer Belt and Transfer Roller, and don't forget to set NEW UNIT in LIFE section of
machine and then reset with C che TRANSFER ROLLER COUNTER in Counter either SM.

Last check drum voltage percentage in SM..you know, never say never!

Cheers!

Custom Search