PDA

View Full Version : Cover DF-704 difficulty in disassembly

Custom Search

Genotrom
07-08-2020, 12:07 PM
This is quite embarrassing but I was unable to remove the cover over the rollers.
The printer indicated a jam but I was unable to find anything. So I wanted to see if something was hidden under them. I seem to remove all the screws but it remains stuck.It is not like simple DF, I have removed the screws but some I cannot find them. The images do not correspond to what I saw
Any advice on how to disassemble that cover?
I solved the problem by moving the DF, maybe some sensor had blocked. But I'm upset about not being able to remove that cover.

copier tech
07-08-2020, 12:58 PM
This is quite embarrassing but I was unable to remove the cover over the rollers.
The printer indicated a jam but I was unable to find anything. So I wanted to see if something was hidden under them. I seem to remove all the screws but it remains stuck.It is not like simple DF, I have removed the screws but some I cannot find them. The images do not correspond to what I saw
Any advice on how to disassemble that cover?
I solved the problem by moving the DF, maybe some sensor had blocked. But I'm upset about not being able to remove that cover.

There is about 10 screws on this cover, all black, some are hard to see I always forget one when taking this cover off!

Once the cover is off give this area a vac or blow out I also remove the sensors give them a proper clean & refit.

Also replace the friction roller ass'y is all needed I clean the pick up & feed.

Genotrom
07-08-2020, 01:36 PM
In DF-701 it is much easier to identify them but here I really struggle. I could not locate those circled in red. Unfortunately I was in a hurry from the client, so I didn't see much. Maybe I have to remove some other covers?

copier addict
07-08-2020, 02:02 PM
Does the cover feel loose?

Genotrom
07-08-2020, 03:42 PM
Does the cover feel loose?

It remains completely blocked. I don't understand if it is blocked by the document feed tray. I keep it relieved but it shows no sign of moving.

copier tech
07-08-2020, 04:07 PM
It remains completely blocked. I don't understand if it is blocked by the document feed tray. I keep it relieved but it shows no sign of moving.

Did you follow the service manual? a few other parts have to come off first.

Genotrom
07-08-2020, 04:28 PM
Did you follow the service manual? a few other parts have to come off first.

Thank you! So for the Lower Guide assembly it is necessary to disassemble the Front Cover and Rear Cover. In the other df it is not necessary, that's why I was foolish.

copier tech
07-08-2020, 09:14 PM
Thank you! So for the Lower Guide assembly it is necessary to disassemble the Front Cover and Rear Cover. In the other df it is not necessary, that's why I was foolish.

Yes the DF-629 reverse feeder is easier to work on.

setfree40
06-29-2021, 08:00 PM
Hope you don't mind me asking, and I know this is an old post, but what issue were you having to need to remove the cover?

srvctec
06-29-2021, 08:15 PM
Hope you don't mind me asking, and I know this is an old post, but what issue were you having to need to remove the cover?

Did you read the first post? According to it, there was a jam.

Custom Search