PDA

View Full Version : Biz 364e security

Custom Search

copyman
07-09-2020, 03:26 AM
Anyone know if there is a security or some other setting that would prevent a user from registering email addresses? Their IT people setup SMB scanning and is working fine. Customer said they had same setup with old machine (biz 223), scan to SMB and stored email address's. Girl in office said it was easy to setup the Biz 223 email's but this 364e won't allow it.

Just some side info, this was an off lease machine I bought from a wholesaler so not sure if any security settings are activated. It comes from wholesaler needing the move data so I know they wipe the hdd's, etc but not sure that does anything with security settings?

Figured I would ask before stopping by to have a look and see what's going on.

Thanks for any help

Bix
07-09-2020, 07:58 AM
Hi, exactly what problem did they describe? It often happens to me that they forget to enter the administrator sender email. If they don't enter, they won't be able to scan to email.

allan
07-09-2020, 09:27 AM
For sure a security setting. Nothing in the manual that looks like the right thing. Stumbled upon a setting that prohibits address registration some time ago.
There is a function to disable direct input i can find.
Could be an enhanced security feature.

Initialize all data in service mode to clear security related settings.

emujo2
07-09-2020, 02:08 PM
This has been answered mulitilpe times on the forum..There are other settings that can remove this feature. Search for "direct input" before you start doing an all data clear. E

Custom Search