PDA

View Full Version : Develop 284E Konica minolta C284

Custom Search

Gab
07-09-2020, 09:47 AM
MAchines makes about 7-8 copies and error C2558. Toner is compatible but used many times on this machine.
Isz the toner, toner chip or something else?

Bix
07-09-2020, 09:53 AM
Hi, compatible toners can always go well but sometimes, for some reason, its can make you lose a lot of money.
The error refers to: Abnormally high toner density detected black TCR sensor.
Try to dismantle the development unit and check its condition.

copier tech
07-09-2020, 10:16 AM
MAchines makes about 7-8 copies and error C2558. Toner is compatible but used many times on this machine.
Isz the toner, toner chip or something else?

This is the issue with compatible each bottle is not identical occasionally you get one with too much toner v developer etc.

Take the toner bottle out & run full gradation prints, this will bring the level back to normal around 6% (the same as the remaining colours)

Then run initialise+stabilisation refit the toner & check level stays around 6%

copyman
07-09-2020, 12:38 PM
Only takes 1 bad toner. As discussed on this forum many times it's just not worth using aftermarket toners. If it crashes a developer unit it can be expensive!

If it wasn't aftermarket toner I would say to take toner out and and shake 20 times side to side to loosen up toner inside, you can try this but could be many things with bad toner.

emujo2
07-09-2020, 02:29 PM
This guy has more red cards than anyone I've seen..Who did he piss off and why? Looks like he contributes nothing (not speaking of money). E

copier tech
07-09-2020, 03:18 PM
This guy has more red cards than anyone I've seen..Who did he piss off and why? Looks like he contributes nothing (not speaking of money). E

Next question will be “why is my dev unit empty of developer”

Custom Search