PDA

View Full Version : Konica c352 fax issue

Custom Search

blazebusiness
07-10-2020, 04:58 AM
Have a customer with a C352 that every morning gets loud fax tones that go on for a few minutes and then the rx states it is “deleted due to error” in the rx job log.

I suggested to him since it always happens in the morning that perhaps a mass marketer is sending him a fax in a format the C352 cannot process.

Can you block numbers on this old Konica?

Any suggestions appreciated.

copyman
07-10-2020, 05:05 AM
Have a customer with a C352 that every morning gets loud fax tones that go on for a few minutes and then the rx states it is “deleted due to error” in the rx job log.

I suggested to him since it always happens in the morning that perhaps a mass marketer is sending him a fax in a format the C352 cannot process.

Can you block numbers on this old Konica?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Check and see if remote care is on. Not sure if you can block #'s on this old machine. Did you try calling or sending a fax to the # on fax log to see who it is?

blazebusiness
07-10-2020, 07:13 AM
Check and see if remote care is on. Not sure if you can block #'s on this old machine. Did you try calling or sending a fax to the # on fax log to see who it is?

Thanks for replying. The problem fax comes in the morning.... so to me it must be a transmission being sent to his copier in a format the machine cannot process that is causing the issue. Guess I could try lowering the baud rate to see if that helps the copier to process the fax. Intrigued that you mentioned Remote Care......what made you think a fax RX issue like this might be related to that?

tsbservice
07-10-2020, 07:43 AM
Generally speaking should be possible to block numbers, this is basic fax function for long time.

mrwho
07-10-2020, 07:57 AM
Try Settings > Fax > Analog Fax Setup > Fax Receive Settings > Admin Controls > Block No Name Fax.

Or some variaton of this...

blazebusiness
07-10-2020, 12:58 PM
Try Settings > Fax > Analog Fax Setup > Fax Receive Settings > Admin Controls > Block No Name Fax.

Or some variaton of this...

Thanks for taking the time to respond----I'll look for that -- hopefully that setting is there under admin settings.
The customer has had issues lately with the fax , and numerous service calls and other strange intermittent issues like power save settings and other settings reverting to defaults. I tried hard to convince him that electronics get buggy as a machine ages and wanted him to replace the copier rather than repair it due to it's age. I don't think it's wise for him to invest his $$$$ in such an old unit that has lately required so many service calls .

He's absolutely not buying our explanation that the machine is giving him issues due to age and thinks we are just trying to sell him a machine.

Sure is hard when a customer won't take good sound advice that you give to try and protect him from making a bad investment.

blackcat4866
07-10-2020, 01:23 PM
How about turning down or turning off the monitor. There's no reason that the volume has to be up. =^..^=

blazebusiness
07-10-2020, 02:41 PM
How about turning down or turning off the monitor. There's no reason that the volume has to be up. =^..^=

Good suggestion.....already did that so the customer doesn't get frustrated with the noise each time that bad fax occurs. Problem is that the copier stays hung up and whether making that noise with the volume on or not. Takes a long time before the copier unfreezes and logs it as deleted due to error.

All other TX efforts and RX jobs complete just fine. This has got to be related to a sender (probably mass marketing) repeatedly sending the same bad fax each morning.

And I don't think the C352 has a lot of number blocking options available but I could be wrong on that one. And if it is some random computer generated caller id that is different each morning , that would be impossible to anticipate and block. Damn spammers................

srvctec
07-10-2020, 02:53 PM
You should be able to go into the details of the failed fax and see what the error code is to help figure out why it's failing. I didn't see anything in the user or service manuals for the FK-502 relating to blocking numbers but there is quite a long error code list in the service manual for the FK-502.

blazebusiness
07-10-2020, 03:16 PM
You should be able to go into the details of the failed fax and see what the error code is to help figure out why it's failing. I didn't see anything in the user or service manuals for the FK-502 relating to blocking numbers but there is quite a long error code list in the service manual for the FK-502.

Tried that-- here's what came up:

1. Fax rings machine answers line
2. Machine starts fax tones
3. Tones never stop apparently job history log shows "deleted due to error"

What I found after looking at a different log----
Job list > communication list > all jobs is that "Result" says PW-OFF.
So now based on that info I suppose that the customer hears the endless fax tones and is turning the copier off and on again to clear the RX job that is freezing up the copier before we arrive to diagnose it. I had assumed the copier was deleting the job due to error without user intervention.
By the time our tech shows up the error has been cleared.

Strange that no other RX's freeze up the copier.....only that 1 morning fax job. Tested and - All other TX's and RX's are fine. Other than trying to block that 1 fax sender...I can't think of any other solution.

emujo2
07-10-2020, 04:36 PM
My guess is the other fax device is using VOIP, and the incoming configuration is missing something. You could try and set the C352 fax up to conform with a VOIP or digital line. There are quite a few settings for this..You could start by turning ECM off..and liniting the type of allowed formats. E

blazebusiness
07-10-2020, 05:27 PM
My guess is the other fax device is using VOIP, and the incoming configuration is missing something. You could try and set the C352 fax up to conform with a VOIP or digital line. There are quite a few settings for this..You could start by turning ECM off..and liniting the type of allowed formats. E

Good advice. Thank you everyone for all the replies.

Custom Search