PDA

View Full Version : Dead Machine bizub c258 Image Quality Yellow

Custom Search

Ruumduuly
07-10-2020, 08:35 AM
Hello Users!

I got Problems on my C258, full dot patern Yellow, changed dev, PCU, ITB, nothing changed.

Anyone can help ?

BR

Bix
07-10-2020, 11:10 AM
Hi, are you using original toner? How many pages has it done?
If it only does this with yellow, the glass of the PH Unit may be very dirty. Take the wand and clean the window of the PH Unit.
Obviously you have to do it in the yellow section.

Ruumduuly
07-10-2020, 11:36 AM
Hello again :)

Allready cleaned complete Laser Unit. Problems only with yellow , using Original Toner; the machine is quite "new" 80k B/W and 2,5k Color sites

Thx 4 quick answer, any other ideas ?

BR

copier tech
07-10-2020, 11:45 AM
Hello Users!

I got Problems on my C258, full dot patern Yellow, changed dev, PCU, ITB, nothing changed.

Anyone can help ?

BR

Stop the machine mid run & remove the transfer unit what does the yellow image look like on the belt?

Looks like the y transfer roller bushing is broken in the transfer unit.

Ruumduuly
07-10-2020, 11:52 AM
Stop the machine mid run & remove the transfer unit what does the yellow image look like on the belt?

Looks like the y transfer roller bushing is broken in the transfer unit.

Allready changed Transfer Unit, 1 new One, 1 "old-used" from a perfectly working machine, still Yellow troubles

Image on the transfer Unit looks like the printed one (.pdf from 1st post) = Image bad on transferUnit

tsbservice
07-10-2020, 12:17 PM
Very strange. By changing developer you mean whole developer unit or just powder? Yelow magnetic brush nice and even? New OEM yellow drum unit, not some modified one?

Synthohol
07-10-2020, 12:17 PM
what does the brush on the DV unit look like?

copier tech
07-10-2020, 01:31 PM
what does the brush on the DV unit look like?

He replaced the dev unit so unlikely a new one has the same fault.

Ruumduuly
07-10-2020, 02:20 PM
He replaced the dev unit so unlikely a new one has the same fault.

Summary of Day 4 - repairing my C258

new Dev Unit Y
new PCU Y
new Transfer Image Belt
used Laser Unit from another working machine
connectors off/on High voltage Board & FrontBoard behind waste toner box (where DEV units and registration ...are connected on)

thx@all now time for weekend & BBQ

BR

tsbservice
07-10-2020, 02:31 PM
Any error codes present or in history? Almost looks like distance between developer and drum is too wide in areas where image is missing. Are we sure sample is LEF?

fatduke
07-11-2020, 08:50 AM
Hi man,

first use original toners, then check consumable status: drum, developer, transfer belt, transfer roller.

Then if the problem will be again empty yellow parts on printed paper, evaluate to change or refurbishind yellow developer.

Cheers

copier tech
07-11-2020, 10:19 AM
Hi man,

first use original toners, then check consumable status: drum, developer, transfer belt, transfer roller.

Then if the problem will be again empty yellow parts on printed paper, evaluate to change or refurbishind yellow developer.

Cheers

Read the previous comments before you post!

tsbservice
07-11-2020, 11:36 AM
Read the previous comments before you post!

Exactly! Should be even in Forum rules.

Ruumduuly
07-13-2020, 08:17 AM
Any error codes present or in history? Almost looks like distance between developer and drum is too wide in areas where image is missing. Are we sure sample is LEF?

No Error Codes. Sample is SEF. Now getting back to office trying to check - "modify" distance between drum and dev Unit.

Toxic
07-13-2020, 08:40 AM
Try same test print on A3 paper and post again.
Did somebody before "modify" DR/DV distance?

nitro912gr
03-21-2024, 07:03 PM
I know this is ancient thread but if this A4 size then it looks like what happened when I inserted a black drum in the yellow drum without changing the plastic part between them.
Are you sure you are sold a Y drum and not a chipped K but without that special plastic part that only the CMY drums have?

Custom Search